Rhea County at McMinn

sportsfan23

While I commend Coach Fitzgerald for the job he's done thus far this season, it would have been interesting to see how it would have played out had Hammontree been here for for say, 5 years. Yes, he did things a bit differently than people in this town are used to. Yes sometimes it seemed a bit extreme. But the truth is, there are a lot of things in this county that could use some change. The man started what has been continued with Coach Quarles up at Maryville. It took him a few years to get it rolling, but I don't hear anyone up there complaining now, do you? What's different isn't always welcomed with open arms because it can make people realize that there is another way to do things, sometimes a better one, and that can make some unfomfortable. Anyway, like I said congratulations to Coach Fitz for a promising beginning to the season, and good luck from here on out. I believe that he learned quite a bit under Hammontree and its beginning to bear fruit. Go Eagles.

Exactly...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again with another week of hopeing that mcminn will win a game. I guess that the coaches that read this stuff will again blame the players and the mistakes that they are makeing instead of blameing themselves for this team not having any discipiline. It started in the first game with penalities and has continued the last three weeks with turnovers. Look in the mirror guys and ask yourself am I doing all I can do to make this team better or am I doing it for me and the attention it brings to me. There is no excuse why this team cannot win.

The most revelaing statement of all is in todays daily post athenian when head coach daugherty says "atleast we have been competitive and have had a chance to win" well bull hockey that sounds like an excuse to me for somebodys lack of coaching and ability to lead. This county will not stand for losing and will not accept these types of comments as a reason why we are not winning football games. We hope you are "competitive and have a chance to win" againist rhea county this week.

Well, I have to agree with your quote. First of all the discipline is not there because when you have 7 of your football players go to another High school and beat a boy very badly and all they get is one quarter they had to sit out. The worst thing is you had the starting quarterback and the starting tailback that was the two that caused the fight in the first place. The coach does not have any discipline on the team at all to let them go unpunished! I believe McMinn will start falling off in almost all the sports this year because of that one thing (discipline). To say that football is the money sport well I guess they are right but you have to look at it this way. If you take the band away, you take the cheerleaders away, who is left? I tell you, the football players and their parents. You have 2/3's of the stands empty. SO it isn't just the football players that bring everyone to the game. It is the other kids that are there doing their part too!! :lol:

Well, I have to agree with your quote. First of all the discipline is not there because when you have 7 of your football players go to another High school and beat a boy very badly and all they get is one quarter they had to sit out. The worst thing is you had the starting quarterback and the starting tailback that was the two that caused the fight in the first place. The coach does not have any discipline on the team at all to let them go unpunished! I believe McMinn will start falling off in almost all the sports this year because of that one thing (discipline). To say that football is the money sport well I guess they are right but you have to look at it this way. If you take the band away, you take the cheerleaders away, who is left? I tell you, the football players and their parents. You have 2/3's of the stands empty. SO it isn't just the football players that bring everyone to the game. It is the other kids that are there doing their part too!! :lol:

Boy i heard it all now dude you must have seen alot more detail in that fight than everybody else that was there. you are speaking as if you were there right ? By your remarks I dought it.

I love hearing about Rhea County. I think this team plays hard with a lot of heart, and if they tighten up only slightly, they'll easily slide away from this one. Rhea County would've been my pick to win their region, and I'm not letting up on that. They lost to Ooltewah, but that's it I think. Ooltewah is a strong team...again...and I don't think that one loss is particularly disappointing.

Rhea will win by at lleast 10 points.

Boy i heard it all now dude you must have seen alot more detail in that fight than everybody else that was there. you are speaking as if you were there right ? By your remarks I dought it.

All anyone has to do is look at the video tape of the fight. Besides, I believe that if a student gets into a fight with another student the rules do applie for all not just some. This is a special case I guess since the ones that are in question are your (stars of the football team). They went to another school and asaulted a person at another school. The coach should've banned them from the team for at least three games and still have punished them for going to another school and starting a fight!!! Oh, yes I do have more details than most, I know all the ones in question.

yeah do you even go to school around here? The kid that got beat up(who by the way is 18 and has graduated from HS) is the one who got all of it started, and then he tries to file for battery! How bout that, and adult filing for battery by a 16 year old...he didn't even beat him that badly anyways, it could've been worse...also, i dont think its assault, its self defense when the adult made the first hit

back to the game, i think McMinn will finally win another game, and hopefully go on a little streak.

Edited by Burnt

Not even a close game....Again McMinn dominates and finally plays like they are capable of playing.....To much potential on this team to continue to lose...Whatch out Region 2 5A to got a bunch of upset Cherokees on your hands....

McMinn 38

Rhea Co. 14

I agree they have a good chance starting with tomorrow. Rhea want be able to stop the run game of TRACE AND THAT BIG OLE OFFENSE LINE. 34 to 14 CHEROKEES :thumb: