STRATFORD and MAPLEWOOD DOMINATE

OGthatsme

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Maplewood is pretty much in a class all by their lonesome this year. They will be playing Maryville on the first Saturday in December in Murfreesboro and that's a fact.

Stratford is 3-1 on the year and looking impressive. They play another 3-1 team, Pearl Cohn, next week in what promises to be the best game in Nashville. Both of those teams, along with Hillsboro, are playoff bound and should be playing into the second and third week of the playoffs.

Another Metro/Nashville team that is setting themselves up nicely for the postseason is Overton. The Bobcats have region wins over both Glencliff and Antioch which proves that they will be a factor in the playoff race.

Three other Metro/Nashville schools to keep an eye on in the second half of the year include Antioch, Hunters Lane, & McGavock.

Who's a disappointment right now??????

I'd have to say Whites Creek. The Cobras returned 8 starters on both sides of the ball this year and thus far they just aren't getting it done. They also still have region games against both Maplewood and Hillsboro remaining on the schedule. Stratford put a beating on them last night and honestly the Tullahoma game will likely be for a playoff spot for a team that went to the quarterfinals of the playoffs last year (and most of the experience like I said earlier is back).

Metro/Nashville Top Ten:

1.) Maplewood: STATE CHAMPIONSHIP BOUND!!!!

2.) Hillsboro: unbeaten and probably the only real threat to Maplewood

3.) Pearl Cohn: loss to Maplewood was ugly but they are perfect outside of that

4.) Overton: they are unbeaten in region play and postseason bound

5.) Antioch: lost last night but the week two win over HL still very impressive

6.) Stratford: the upset against McGavock is the Spartans lone blemish

7.) Hunters Lane: beat both Creek & McGavock and are in the playoff hunt

8.) McGavock: the win over Stratford proves that they're still legit

9.) Whites Creek: the Cobras need to right the ship in a hurry

10.) Glencliff & Hillwood (TIED): both are a long way away from the playoffs

The road to the state championship goes thru Memphis this year.

They said that last year they were wrong.

East TN - Maryville 23 West TN - Melrose 10

The only West TN schools to win last year MUS and ECS 2005 - Division II AA and AAA schools.

If Maplewood Keeps playing like this we will see them in the burro!! thats right!

I believe that Maplewood is pretty much in a class all by their lonesome this year. They will be playing Maryville on the first Saturday in December in Murfreesboro and that's a fact.

Stratford is 3-1 on the year and looking impressive. They play another 3-1 team, Pearl Cohn, next week in what promises to be the best game in Nashville. Both of those teams, along with Hillsboro, are playoff bound and should be playing into the second and third week of the playoffs.

Another Metro/Nashville team that is setting themselves up nicely for the postseason is Overton. The Bobcats have region wins over both Glencliff and Antioch which proves that they will be a factor in the playoff race.

Three other Metro/Nashville schools to keep an eye on in the second half of the year include Antioch, Hunters Lane, & McGavock.

Who's a disappointment right now??????

I'd have to say Whites Creek. The Cobras returned 8 starters on both sides of the ball this year and thus far they just aren't getting it done. They also still have region games against both Maplewood and Hillsboro remaining on the schedule. Stratford put a beating on them last night and honestly the Tullahoma game will likely be for a playoff spot for a team that went to the quarterfinals of the playoffs last year (and most of the experience like I said earlier is back).

Metro/Nashville Top Ten:

1.) Maplewood: STATE CHAMPIONSHIP BOUND!!!!

2.) Hillsboro: unbeaten and probably the only real threat to Maplewood

3.) Pearl Cohn: loss to Maplewood was ugly but they are perfect outside of that

4.) Overton: they are unbeaten in region play and postseason bound

5.) Antioch: lost last night but the week two win over HL still very impressive

6.) Stratford: the upset against McGavock is the Spartans lone blemish

7.) Hunters Lane: beat both Creek & McGavock and are in the playoff hunt

8.) McGavock: the win over Stratford proves that they're still legit

9.) Whites Creek: the Cobras need to right the ship in a hurry

10.) Glencliff & Hillwood (TIED): both are a long way away from the playoffs

The Metro Nashville schools do well until they face a disciplined team that can throw the football. Once they face that disciplined team that can pass they will get their hats handed to them even though the Metro team will more than likely have the best athletes. Most of the Metro teams play terrible pass defense, do not have any type of sophiscated passing attack, and act as if they have never heard the phrase "special teams play wins big games."

The Metro Nashville schools do well until they face a disciplined team that can throw the football. Once they face that disciplined team that can pass they will get their hats handed to them even though the Metro team will more than likely have the best athletes. Most of the Metro teams play terrible pass defense, do not have any type of sophiscated passing attack, and act as if they have never heard the phrase "special teams play wins big games."

Stat Fact Break

Classic signs of a Hater. ;see quote above

Example:

"Metro Team" = Maplewood vs "disciplined team that can pass " = Tullahoma

Results Maplewood 52 Tullahoma 21

Thank you .... i rest my case your honor.

Edited by boski

Stat Fact Break

Classic signs of a Hater. ;see quote above

Example:

"Metro Team" = Maplewood vs "disciplined team that can pass " = Tullahoma

Results Maplewood 52 Tullahoma 21

Thank you .... i rest my case your honor.

Give me a break!!!!!!! When was the last time a Tullahoma team went deep into the playoffs? Has Tullahoma ever made it to the semi-finals? Tullahoma should have a program like Maryville (very similar demographics) but for some reason they never seem to get things going on a regular basis.

They said that last year they were wrong.

East TN - Maryville 23 West TN - Melrose 10

The only West TN schools to win last year MUS and ECS 2005 - Division II AA and AAA schools.

If Maplewood Keeps playing like this we will see them in the burro!! thats right!

Uh, I think he said the road TO the championship game must go through Memphis this year, not that the team from Memphis would be there. But personally, I think there may be another team from the west that surprises folks...

Stratford totally dominated Whites Creek 31-8.

Maplewood drubbed Tullahoma 52-21.

Stratford is heading to the playoffs.

Maplewood is heading to Murfreesboro.

Do it East Nashville!

calm down kid they aint got nothin on tha murfreesboro teams...

i remember this past summer acually oakland beat stratford...and stratford talked alooot of noise too

Edited by im_tj_m

Give me a break!!!!!!! When was the last time a Tullahoma team went deep into the playoffs? Has Tullahoma ever made it to the semi-finals? Tullahoma should have a program like Maryville (very similar demographics) but for some reason they never seem to get things going on a regular basis.

you said teams "disciplined team that can pass" nothing about semi finals

so i thats that ..dont try and go change stuff around