Harriman vs. Rockwood

smoothsmitty

This could be a good game, but I think Harriman will have to stop Rockwood's power running game to have a chance. Rockwood has two of the best fullbacks in the area and they form quite a 1-2 punch. I know that Oliver Springs couldn't stop them last week nor could Wartburg a few weeks ago. But it seems that Rockwood ALWAYS has big, strong fullbacks. I remember playing against Coach Webb back in the day. He was as hard to tackle as Mike Alstot would have been to a middle schooler!! Must be something in the water down there that breeds big fullbacks!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be a good game, but I think Harriman will have to stop Rockwood's power running game to have a chance. Rockwood has two of the best fullbacks in the area and they form quite a 1-2 punch. I know that Oliver Springs couldn't stop them last week nor could Wartburg a few weeks ago. But it seems that Rockwood ALWAYS has big, strong fullbacks. I remember playing against Coach Webb back in the day. He was as hard to tackle as Mike Alstot would have been to a middle schooler!! Must be something in the water down there that breeds big fullbacks!!

The cycle before Webb Rockwood had Allen at fullback and he was a load too it's his boy that's one of the fullbacks this year it's like watching film from 1985.

The cycle before Webb Rockwood had Allen at fullback and he was a load too it's his boy that's one of the fullbacks this year it's like watching film from 1985.

Oh yeah, you're right about that-I played against Rockwood in 85;that was my senior year. Rockwood had a really good team that year-they beat us like 38-0. We'd almost beat Harriman a few weeks before and Rockwood really came out ready to play. It was probably the most physical game of my life!!!! I had 7-8 tackles in that game, but I felt like I'd been beat down afterwards! Ah, memories.

Oh yeah, you're right about that-I played against Rockwood in 85;that was my senior year. Rockwood had a really good team that year-they beat us like 38-0. We'd almost beat Harriman a few weeks before and Rockwood really came out ready to play. It was probably the most physical game of my life!!!! I had 7-8 tackles in that game, but I felt like I'd been beat down afterwards! Ah, memories.

Too bad only 1 team out of the region got to go to the playoffs back then! If memory serves me right the tigers, bluedevils and highlanders were all tied for 1st and it came down to a coin toss and Scott Co got the playoff spot leaving Harriman and Rockwood out :)

monkeyboy think this has the makings of a very exciting Roane Co football game. tigers must contain speed and be disciplined, devils must be physical and not fold under pressure. which ever team controls themself the most will win the ballgame. the devils must also forget that the tigers have been beating them like a work mule for years, sorry me just had to say it. me not condone cruelty to animals. Me hope that WaggleRT will make a special guest appearance - me havent seen him/her all year. monkeyboy hear he/she is cheering with the Titans. RW 31 HA 16

Rockwood takes this game Harriman will not come to play Rockwood has the speed to match Harriman and that is Harriman game.

Rockwood 28

Harriman 14

What is your definition of speed?? Rockwood doesn't have one guy on the team that runs faster than a 4.8 in the 40. Harriman doesn't have on skilled player who runs over a 4.6 in the 40. Not to mention some 4.3 guys, so I don't know how you figure they can match up speed wise. With that said though, Harriman isn't physical enough to take the pounding of a conservative Rockwood offense that will run it down their throats all game. Until Harriman gets rid of that coach, they will never be able to compete with the teams in the county even though they have way more talent. Good thing they dropped down to single A.

What is your definition of speed?? Rockwood doesn't have one guy on the team that runs faster than a 4.8 in the 40. Harriman doesn't have on skilled player who runs over a 4.6 in the 40. Not to mention some 4.3 guys, so I don't know how you figure they can match up speed wise. With that said though, Harriman isn't physical enough to take the pounding of a conservative Rockwood offense that will run it down their throats all game. Until Harriman gets rid of that coach, they will never be able to compete with the teams in the county even though they have way more talent. Good thing they dropped down to single A.

Get rid of the coach? I totally disagree. I think the current coach has brought a since of winning and pride back to the Harriman program. I also don't think you'll find a classier person on any sideline in the state. In interviews, I've never heard him say anything negative about a kid. I believe this guy honestly cares about these kids not only as football players, but as human beings, as well. To me, regardless of wins and losses, these young men will take a lot with them in life as a result of his influence.

Not to long ago Harriman was 0-10 every year. I for one think coach Tapp is doing an outstanding job

Edited by wpasi