South Side Injury

footballfan99

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: That's terrible! Hate to hear that. No kid on any team should have to go through that. McNairy did tend to "cut at the knees" most of the night. I would hate to think that was what caused it. My prayers are with him.

Your inuendo that McNairy took cheap shots which may have caused this injury is stupid and unfair.

A quick anatomy lesson : The femur runs from the knee to the hip, the longest, strongest bone in the body. Also a very large area of the body, all of which is fair game for football tackling and blocking. It generally requires a great deal of force to break this bone and a broken femur is thankfully a rare injury even in the rough world of football. While I am not a medical professional, nor did I witness the incident, I would wager this was a " freak " type injury involving several players colliding with the injured party who had the misfortune to have a leg exposed and imobilized in such a manner as to absorb the full force of the blows, ie propped up against another player so rather than being knocked back or down , the leg snapped. While this is a serious injury and very sad for the young man who was hurt I doubt any malice or questionable tactics were involved.

Your inuendo that McNairy took cheap shots which may have caused this injury is stupid and unfair.

A quick anatomy lesson : The femur runs from the knee to the hip, the longest, strongest bone in the body. Also a very large area of the body, all of which is fair game for football tackling and blocking. It generally requires a great deal of force to break this bone and a broken femur is thankfully a rare injury even in the rough world of football. While I am not a medical professional, nor did I witness the incident, I would wager this was a " freak " type injury involving several players colliding with the injured party who had the misfortune to have a leg exposed and imobilized in such a manner as to absorb the full force of the blows, ie propped up against another player so rather than being knocked back or down , the leg snapped. While this is a serious injury and very sad for the young man who was hurt I doubt any malice or questionable tactics were involved.

I never said that is what caused it, I would "hate" to think that's what caused it. No anatomy lesson needed, thank you. And again, no you did not witness the injury.

Thanks cardfan, that's not what I was saying. After hearing what happened, sounds like it was a helmet straight to the thigh, though. Keep this player in your thoughts and prayers. He's out for the season. He won't be able to even put any weight on this leg for 6-8 weeks. This is really tough on a young man whose whole life was football. You know he must be feeling pretty down right now.

Yes, this player is a senior. They did insert a rod in emergency surgery from what I have been told. It's a tough break, in more ways than one.

#66 will be missed. He is a two way player oL/dL. I do have a question. With a 35 point lead with 5-6 mins left in the game, what was he doing in the game? Why do coaches only put in 2 string if the lossing team does? Poor coaching that will hurt the Hawks down the road.

Guest bobcats#67

your saying that we took cheap shots your crazy. when i got in for one play cuz im a sophmore lol um the center cut me right in the knee and the gaurd #55 jumped on top of me and was hittin me in the side. so football fan you need to get your words straight, mcnairy has alot of class and if its anybody with no class it was south side. good luck with yalls season though. see ya