Mt. Pleasant @ Wayne County

mphstigerfan

You shut down marco daily you win this game....the question is how do you? it can happen because ezell and giles county did it but can any of the region 6 competition do it?

The answer to your question; not as long as the line does their job. I believe they will because they have a lot of pride in opening holes for all of our running backs. Giles did do a pretty good job against us. They held Marco to 87 yards but that was the first game our line had played together. Remember we had only 1 starter back on the O-line from last year. Plus Marco was learning a new position. The Ezell game could have gone either way. They were not impressive but yes they beat us that day. I believe Marco still had 150 or so.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer to your question; not as long as the line does their job. I believe they will because they have a lot of pride in opening holes for all of our running backs. Giles did do a pretty good job against us. They held Marco to 87 yards but that was the first game our line had played together. Remember we had only 1 starter back on the O-line from last year. Plus Marco was learning a new position. The Ezell game could have gone either way. They were not impressive but yes they beat us that day. I believe Marco still had 150 or so.

Stopping him is not necessarily the only way. It's not that Mt. Pleasant has to be held to less than 21 points to be beaten, it's just that you have to have more than they do at the end of the game. If you don't stop him, you outscore him.

I believe Mt. Pleasant lost there best Offense Lineman during the PC game last week...#66 their Right Tackle...i think he broke his leg...he was a big part of there running game cause he is a great blocker.

Shutting down Marco will be the key...we cant let him just run around on that lil QB draw..there offense is pretty simple...Marco to the right or left or the FB up the middle...everyone knows wat there going to do its just no one can stop Marco from breaking free...we will work our tails off to accomplish this.. :o

Stopping him is not necessarily the only way. It's not that Mt. Pleasant has to be held to less than 21 points to be beaten, it's just that you have to have more than they do at the end of the game. If you don't stop him, you outscore him.

You CANNOT depend on your offense to win a game....your defense has to help alot.....cause a fumble..interception, defense gives chances for the offense

Sure you can... Just ask Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts. :D

Your right you can win ballgames with all offense...but our team isnt built for offense and there team is...so we Dont want this game to turn into a offensive battle..we want to shut Marco down and control the clock...keep the ball outta his hands as much as possible... :D

Slpkt07...you wouldnt happened to be friends with me would u? lol

'WCHS_Wildcats_#2

what did happen to yall against CA? did they just out play yall....theres alot of ppl that sayin that game doesnt mean a thing and all this and i just kinda wanna know what happened by a player....Will yall be able to rebound and beat Mt. P? I will say this if yall beat mtp it will even out this region to the point that WC/CA/Perry/Mtp/Collinwood can win it easily

You CANNOT depend on your offense to win a game....your defense has to help alot.....cause a fumble..interception, defense gives chances for the offense

You are correct. MP's stating D hasnt allowed a touchdown in the second half in region play all year. Add Marcos "lil draw" and you have a making of another great year by the Tigers. Everyone is calling this a one man show, but Marco is only averaging in the range of 15 to 17 carries a game. Someone else has to be doing something. And there opponents weren't Zion and Cornersville.

Edited by MPHSTIGERS87

I believe Mt. Pleasant lost there best Offense Lineman during the PC game last week...#66 their Right Tackle...i think he broke his leg...he was a big part of there running game cause he is a great blocker.

Shutting down Marco will be the key...we cant let him just run around on that lil QB draw..there offense is pretty simple...Marco to the right or left or the FB up the middle...everyone knows wat there going to do its just no one can stop Marco from breaking free...we will work our tails off to accomplish this.. :thumb:

You're right --we did lose a good player and a great kid for the rest of the regular season--but the Tigers are notorious for stepping up to the plate. They will challenge themselves to fill the shoes of a good friend. I take the Tigers by 14. :ph34r: