Obion Co visits Union City

VOREBS

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Obion Co Central Rebels win their 5th game in a row in this county rivalry 46-7 tonite in Union City....The Rebels stormed out of the gate and scored early and often leading this game 39-0 at half....The Rebels ground out close to 330 yards on the ground by halftime...Chase Clanton had over 100 yards rushing and Hunter Calhoun had his breakout game tonite..The sophmore,starting only his third varsity game ran for over 150 yards... This group of 16 seniors is the second consecutive bunch to go through their careers without a loss to the once mighty Tornadoes....The Rebels completely dominated the line of scrimmage and the slot backs were virtually untouched until they were 10-15 yards downfield....In that type attack you also have to give props to the receivers who have to block downfield in the open field....OC had an opening return of the kick-off called back on a block in the back...But,it didn't matter....OC had 6 possessions in the first half and scored on all six.....The Rebel defense smothered any type of running attack UC could muster,holding the Tornadoes to a -4 yards rushing in the first half...The Tornadoes only generated 62 total yards of offense in that first half of action...

On a side note,I would like to show my appreciation to Chris Crockett and his staff that takes care of the field at War Memorial Stadium....That field was awesome....It is a showcase for stadiums in Tennessee....Great job to those guys...

backintha........you are correct, OC really took control of this game from the opening kick-off, even though it was called back, and never really looked back. The Rebel defense was dominating, and as you said, the offense scored all six times it had the ball in the first half. On a wet night, you look at who wins the battle up front, and OC's big "O" line did win this one. OC gets to celebrate this one for a day or so, and then must get ready for a tough trp to Covington. This is a big Region game, for both teams. Great job last night OC, with all the weather problems, the team seemed to stay focused, and did the job.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!

Always enjoy the trip to Covington..They usually pack the house..They have alot of tradition and are always in the hunt to play in The 'Boro....OC has really played the Chargers well the last 4 years...2-2 in that time...2 seven point losses the last two trips to Covington and 2 wins over Covington when they were #1 in the state in Troy.....The Central offense is starting to come together.....They are averaging 43 points a game the last three weeks....The Rebs have a great opportunity Friday night,with a win they could put themselves in excellent position for post season play.....Great game last night....Good Luck next Friday and everybody plan on making the trip to Covington and support these guys,they deserve it...

VOREBS....Did you get much storm damage over your way???..It was kind of surreal last night,being in that stadium with all the other stuff going on weather-wise....

Could you tell the Union City band wasn't in the house last night??..Where were all the UC fans at??...I would have to say the Rebel crowd out-numbered them...

Always enjoy the trip to Covington..They usually pack the house..They have alot of tradition and are always in the hunt to play in The 'Boro....OC has really played the Chargers well the last 4 years...2-2 in that time...2 seven point losses the last two trips to Covington and 2 wins over Covington when they were #1 in the state in Troy.....The Central offense is starting to come together.....They are averaging 43 points a game the last three weeks....The Rebs have a great opportunity Friday night,with a win they could put themselves in excellent position for post season play.....Great game last night....Good Luck next Friday and everybody plan on making the trip to Covington and support these guys,they deserve it...

VOREBS....Did you get much storm damage over your way???..It was kind of surreal last night,being in that stadium with all the other stuff going on weather-wise....

Could you tell the Union City band wasn't in the house last night??..Where were all the UC fans at??...I would have to say the Rebel crowd out-numbered them...

backintha....we got some hail damage, not to bad, but bad enough. As for the bands not being there, yes you could tell. The bands add to the atmosphere of the game I think, and that was missing last night. Oh and yes there were several more OC fans there than UC fans. As for the trip to Covington, we all know Covington has a good football team, they always do, and this will be a tough test for OC. But you tell me, I think this team is getting better every week, more confident, and the Big "O" line, which is really playing well will be tested big time next week. But I think they will be up to the task.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by VOREBS

Congrats OC on the win and good luck the rest of the season here from SF.

Thanks "devil", I had the chance to see SF in the week 0 game, as we covered it on 104.9. This team has some athletes, YOUNG athletes. They will get better and better, and some of these who have started or got alot of time since they were freshman, will be juniors and seniors soon, and will do well...... given time.