Obion Co visits Union City

VOREBS

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VOREBS..... I don't get to listen to your broadcast of the Rebel games but I have heard alot of positive things said about it. I am proud you are back because you are a big part of our Rebel program. You and Russ need to drop in on a Friday meal with the boys... You know you are always welcome....... I am praying for an injury free game for both teams and looking forward to hearing Buddy Jewel in concert . ALL Obion Countians need to come out and support Fall Fest..... Good Luck Rebels!!!!!!

Diehard....Thank you for your comments, I must say I am VERY happy to be back. And hey it's alot of fun covering a good team, and OC is a good team. Lot of football left to play, next up a short trip to UC.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The school-led caravan will not happen this year because of insurance purposes but im rather certain the caravan will still happen but will not be led by administration. This should be a good game Friday night, and i expect this week to be rather "eventful" with Fall Fest going on as well. I say OC comes out on top PRETTY BIG! :ph34r:

i think i have heard some thing about it maybe starting at Troy First Baptist of maybe Walmart but i am not for sure

Always a fun week when OC/UC get together :D This will be the 45th meeting between the two programs and even though UC has won 35 of the previous games

played, I see the Rebels winning their 5th straight over UC in this series. Another week for the Rebel defense to see an outstanding runningback in Bracey but when it comes down to the bottom line, OC has too many playmakers compared to UC.

The Rebel ground game is on a 5 yard/carry average and the BIG GUYS up front are paving the way :) Call it a hunch or gut feeling, but these games will be won or lost in the trenches and Grady is only getting better and more comfortable at QB after an impressive showing last week.. Here's to five straight over the Purple and Gold::

OC 42

UC 20

I'm sure a John Deere parade will take place at some point during the evening :)

Diehard....Thank you for your comments, I must say I am VERY happy to be back. And hey it's alot of fun covering a good team, and OC is a good team. Lot of football left to play, next up a short trip to UC.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VO, glad to hear you are back on the air also. What station and can I pick it up all the way down here in Jax. Wishing the Rebs best of luck this week. Two Questions: Is Garrett as fast as his old man used to be and does he have more hair? :) Hope to get up there and see ya soon....GO REBELS

With rain in the forecast for Union City on Friday night,who do you think that gives an advantage to???

It really depends. We have all seen games that the rain has been problems for the runnin game. But with O C having so many to go to that might not be a problem and Grady is big which will be harder to bring down. On the other hand Union City has a somewhat decent passing game and could pose problems with slippery balls. Favor still goes to O C. I know they have watched the Lake County films and will not let being tired a problem late in the game.

Friday night Union City will pull a few tricks out of the bag before Halloween so you never know. I just hope it is a fun, clean and injury free game for all and may the best team that night win.

VO, glad to hear you are back on the air also. What station and can I pick it up all the way down here in Jax. Wishing the Rebs best of luck this week. Two Questions: Is Garrett as fast as his old man used to be and does he have more hair? :thumb: Hope to get up there and see ya soon....GO REBELS

Old Timer....thanks, it is good to be back, as for Garrett, maybe not as fast as his old man, but YES he has more hair. Good to hear from you, hope things are well in your neck of the woods. You can get the game on 104.9 FM. I am not sure if you can get it in Jackson, sometimes you can, and sometimes you can't.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by VOREBS

With rain in the forecast for Union City on Friday night,who do you think that gives an advantage to???

I would have to think that the wet conditions would aid OC, with Grooms and Grady, OC would seem to be more in line for the mud. Tonight, we will find out.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really depends. We have all seen games that the rain has been problems for the runnin game. But with O C having so many to go to that might not be a problem and Grady is big which will be harder to bring down. On the other hand Union City has a somewhat decent passing game and could pose problems with slippery balls. Favor still goes to O C. I know they have watched the Lake County films and will not let being tired a problem late in the game.

Friday night Union City will pull a few tricks out of the bag before Halloween so you never know. I just hope it is a fun, clean and injury free game for all and may the best team that night win.

Being tired will not be a problem for OC, wet night, mud and a wet football could make for an interesting night. Still OC by two to three scores

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My take on the wet field conditions.....And let's all hope the rain stops around 6:30 and starts back up again after midnite...Don't want to hear any excuses....

The rain and sloppy field conditions will mean a few things....It will negate any speed advantage that UC would have over Central...Milan and Westview had better team speed and were bigger and stronger athletes...UC didn't have any advantages in those games,that's why they got beat down....

If it is windy and rainy it will negate any passing game that UC will try to use to it's advantage......

You always worry about fumbles..When the ball is wet,your uniform is wet,your arms are wet and generally just wet all over,fumbles are going to happen....I hear that UC uses a couple different centers...They also snap out of the shotgun...This would not be weather suited for that type of attack.....Think about this Rebel fans...Think about it real hard....When was the last time you saw a QB-center exchange mistake???..It's been at least over two years....The reason...One center for all those snaps.....Even when Logan got hurt and Brady came in against Gibson County,not one mistake on the exchange....When Garrett came on in the Dyer County game,not one bad exchange...The constant???...The center...Matter of fact,the last time I can remember a bad snap was the first snap Logan took as a sophmore after Garrett went down with his season ending injury against Gibson Co. two years ago....

How will it affect OC???....It will affect the speed plays,option plays and the cross-buck plays where the timing is key...The slots will have to have good traction and be in the same spot they would be in if it were dry....Then of course the exchange between QB and slot....It would affect OC's passing game,where the timing might be delayed because of the slippery field....

How would it not affect OC???...OC has shown already this year that it doesn't need to run the speed or option plays...Against Dresden,OC ran Garrett Grady around 35 times straight up the middle behind those five senior linemen...OC doesn't pass much,so they don't rely on it much...They take it if it is being given to them....I think the coaching staff learned that valuable lesson in the Crockett Co game...Don't try to be something you are not....All in all I think the key deciding factor above all else is this...Union City may have some doubt in their minds that they can beat OC...The players on the OC squad KNOW they can beat UC...Afterall,they have done it 3 times in a row....Four times in all....OC's senior leadership will lead them to the victory tonight and they will win the battle in the trenches..If you can win that battle,you can pretty much win every game you play and those linemen know it....