AC VS. Clinton

bigboy 92

Don't know him or anything but that 3rd string Qb would start for alot of teams he looked good last week @ Kingston never seen him get rattled at all.

he might not have got rattled at kingston but when he has Lucas and alex frye and casey chapman, joey allen at linebackers, better believe someone is going to get rattled. i like cody i know him real well, but im a clinton fan and i think that the pressure will be to much.... clinton by 11

Edited by 97honda0011

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said earlier, I think it will be a high scoring game, but there is a catch to that, a high scoring game for one team, I might be going a little overboard, but I think the Dragons are ready for this game, and the Mavs arent, I say the Dragons win 35-14.

The Dragons are much better than everyone thinks they are!!!!

Edited by coonhunter291

Let's don't get carried away, Hazlehurst is good, but he's just a freshmen. I wouldn't say that he's got anybody locked down. He's not quite big enough to shut out a decent receiver. He will hit you though.

Yes he is a freshman but a dang good player though.... i don't really think that Ac has a decent receiver though..... well maybe cody pack because he is so tall but i don't think hazelhurst will be caught defending him..... what is your outlook on this game... i have alot of respect for others opinions.... clinton by 11

I think it will be close and come down to the wire in a very close game. Earlier I incdicated that AC would win this one because they are playing at home. I didn't realize that AC was down to their 3rd qb. That's alot of pressure on him in this county rivalry. Someone on here already mentioned the fact that AC fans cannot fathom the thought of losing to Clinton. I'm sure the team feels the same pressure, and Clinton has nothing to lose and everything to gain, so they will come in loose and fired up. If Clinton can shut down the running game of AC and force this young team to complete passes, then AC is in trouble. On the other side, Clinton has a good passing scheme and a good passer, so I think they'll have more balance on O. Having said all that, it looks to me like Clinton ought to come out of there with the win.

What is going on at AC, how could they be in this situation (0-4) with good kids, good coaches, and good support. I don't get it? Is it injuries or what?

Edited by ORidgeKat

Honestly, everything you said was right. I really dont know what is wrong with AC, they do have some good players. Obviously, I believe it is the coaches, noone really liked kerr, since the day he started, he has a very bad reputation for cussing out the players, I have even heard him do it, I dont believe he will be there much longer, Lambert maybe? Honestly, AC scores have mostly been passing the ball this year, they havent been able to get the running game going that good, I think Clinton will stop the run this week, and Westin, Ellis, and the rest wont let them pass either. Probably not 35-14, Like I said earlier, but it could be, I pick Clinton by 10.

Edited by coonhunter291

I think it will be close and come down to the wire in a very close game. Earlier I incdicated that AC would win this one because they are playing at home. I didn't realize that AC was down to their 3rd qb. That's alot of pressure on him in this county rivalry. Someone on here already mentioned the fact that AC fans cannot fathom the thought of losing to Clinton. I'm sure the team feels the same pressure, and Clinton has nothing to lose and everything to gain, so they will come in loose and fired up. If Clinton can shut down the running game of AC and force this young team to complete passes, then AC is in trouble. On the other side, Clinton has a good passing scheme and a good passer, so I think they'll have more balance on O. Having said all that, it looks to me like Clinton ought to come out of there with the win.

What is going on at AC, how could they be in this situation (0-4) with good kids, good coaches, and good support. I don't get it? Is it injuries or what?

the talent level in campbell county has been down for a couple of years or so...

therefore teh recruiting base has been virtually empty...

clinton fans shuld be aware about the overall lack of taleny in DD since they hae played CC the past three years...

Coon, I have seen Kerr coach many times, both at Halls and AC. You're right, he is old school and he will get in your face for sure. But, the players I have known from AC would run through a brick wall for that guy. And I know he can coach. Maybe his style is just not as effective with kids today. Times have changed and kids have changed. I don't know. Coon, you saw them at the jamboree, they looked like they had a solid team at Blankenship. Maybe they used it all up in the 7-7 tie with OR in the jamboree, left it all on the field and never recovered? Just kiddin' It is puzzling though that a Kerr team is 0-4.

ORidgeKat,

It is puzzling that any Maverick team is 0-4, I really think that they did put all they had into the Jamboree. They put "TO MUCH" into it, and that is their problem, I really dont know what it is. but a AC mom is in my class today as a substitute, and she said that almost all of the AC coaches have quit now, it sounds like it is getting worse every week for them.

Edited by coonhunter291

what does "DD" mean????

I think he ment CC brother... but n e who... I dont think people realize how the clinton ac games used to be back in the day... Anderson county has been on about a what... six game winning streak since gaylor went to maryville... Clinton should feel good going in to this game... and i think clintons football program is on its way back up... AC better come ready to play, because clinton isnt laying down for the Mavs 2mrw night... AC is all Bull, No balls :thumb:

Clinton-38

AC- 17