AC VS. Clinton

bigboy 92

Coon, I have seen Kerr coach many times, both at Halls and AC. You're right, he is old school and he will get in your face for sure. But, the players I have known from AC would run through a brick wall for that guy. And I know he can coach. Maybe his style is just not as effective with kids today. Times have changed and kids have changed. I don't know. Coon, you saw them at the jamboree, they looked like they had a solid team at Blankenship. Maybe they used it all up in the 7-7 tie with OR in the jamboree, left it all on the field and never recovered? Just kiddin' It is puzzling though that a Kerr team is 0-4.

like hm or not (amd I do )...LL is a good coach!!!

I think he ment CC brother... but n e who... I dont think people realize how the clinton ac games used to be back in the day... Anderson county has been on about a what... six game winning streak since gaylor went to maryville... Clinton should feel good going in to this game... and i think clintons football program is on its way back up... AC better come ready to play, because clinton isnt laying down for the Mavs 2mrw night... AC is all Bull, No balls :thumb:

Clinton-38

AC- 17

DD hsould have been CC,,

sorry about teh typo!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a huge game for both programs. Especially this year. It's always a big game to AC but this year is bigger because they are 0-4. They really need this game. And the Clinton faithful are right, it could be a 20 point game if AC don't play ball. I think it is wonderful though how this game is Clinton's "Super Bowl" every year. They are content with a win at Anderson County. If we really look at it, it should be the other way. Clinton is the 4A school with all the great talent from the middle school teams that win the middle school championship. Now this year everyone is talking about how this year will be the year of the Dragon against Anderson County. That may be, but shouldn't be anyways. They need to concern themselves with winning a region game instead of beating a 0-4 3A team.

Should be a pretty good game. Sure it will at least be exciting with the trick plays of Mr. Jason Phillips.

Alright, I had heard that Junebug started at RB for Melrose, I guess he didnt though. He did play in the JV game Monday, and did really good, but I heard last night, that he hasnt been back to practice since, he hasnt even been to school since then. The game is at AC, but Clinton seems to play better at the away games, then they do at the home games, AC aint a real hard enviroment to play in, I think they will be more Clinton fans there than there will be AC fans.

Junebug may have played in Memphis but if you saw the same game I did Monday you would know there is no way he started there. Even if he comes back I don't think you will see him get much playing time.

This is a huge game for both programs. Especially this year. It's always a big game to AC but this year is bigger because they are 0-4. They really need this game. And the Clinton faithful are right, it could be a 20 point game if AC don't play ball. I think it is wonderful though how this game is Clinton's "Super Bowl" every year. They are content with a win at Anderson County. If we really look at it, it should be the other way. Clinton is the 4A school with all the great talent from the middle school teams that win the middle school championship. Now this year everyone is talking about how this year will be the year of the Dragon against Anderson County. That may be, but shouldn't be anyways. They need to concern themselves with winning a region game instead of beating a 0-4 3A team.

Should be a pretty good game. Sure it will at least be exciting with the trick plays of Mr. Jason Phillips.

With a up and coming program like Clinton has at this time any win is a big win. In the stands last week at the South Doyle game I was poised the question which one would you want to lose? After thinking about it and realizing the Dragons were totally off in lala land against South Doyle I had to answer that I would rather beat the Mavericks. And with as much trash talk that is exchanged from both sides of the river I think most anyone involved feels that way.

I think it will be close and come down to the wire in a very close game. Earlier I incdicated that AC would win this one because they are playing at home. I didn't realize that AC was down to their 3rd qb. That's alot of pressure on him in this county rivalry. Someone on here already mentioned the fact that AC fans cannot fathom the thought of losing to Clinton. I'm sure the team feels the same pressure, and Clinton has nothing to lose and everything to gain, so they will come in loose and fired up. If Clinton can shut down the running game of AC and force this young team to complete passes, then AC is in trouble. On the other side, Clinton has a good passing scheme and a good passer, so I think they'll have more balance on O. Having said all that, it looks to me like Clinton ought to come out of there with the win.

What is going on at AC, how could they be in this situation (0-4) with good kids, good coaches, and good support. I don't get it? Is it injuries or what?

The rumor is out that Kerr is not really happy with the staff he has right now. The new offensive coordinator took this job thinking he would get the head coaching job as soon as Kerr leaves. But people close to the school administration have been saying that Lambert is on the way back and will get the AC job when it comes open.

I think he ment CC brother... but n e who... I dont think people realize how the clinton ac games used to be back in the day... Anderson county has been on about a what... six game winning streak since gaylor went to maryville... Clinton should feel good going in to this game... and i think clintons football program is on its way back up... AC better come ready to play, because clinton isnt laying down for the Mavs 2mrw night... AC is all Bull, No balls :thumb:

Clinton-38

AC- 17

Yeah i like your little saying that you have but i do beleive that the mav team u will see playing tommorw night will be pretty good and oh yeah since i figured your a player for clinton and prob dont play at all...and all you do is get on here and talk stuff you better hope your "LIL" dragons come through tommorrw night cuz i dont see it happening GO MAVS by 14

Edited by bigboy 92

That was about the most incoherent post I have ever read. Are you in middle school?

Ole Dad

Yeah i like your little saying that you have but i do beleive that the mav team u will see playing tommorw night will be a bull with balls and oh yeah since i figured your a player for clinton and prob dont play at all...and all you do is get on here and talk stuff you better hope your "LIL" dragons come through tommorrw night cuz i dont see it happening GO MAVS by 14

Alright, Tonight is the night. A point at which this game could determine the rest of the season for both of the teams. It is AC's first home game, and I know they are gonna be ready for the cross county rivalry game, but I do believe that the dragons are ready for it too. if AC loses, I dont believe that they have any chance at all to make the playoffs, I know this isnt a region game, but either their confidence will go up or it will go down, and Clinton just needs to win 3,4, or maybe just 5 games this year, whether they are region games or not. I pick the dragons to come back home with their 2nd win of the season, by 7.

I think it will be close and come down to the wire in a very close game. Earlier I incdicated that AC would win this one because they are playing at home. I didn't realize that AC was down to their 3rd qb. That's alot of pressure on him in this county rivalry. Someone on here already mentioned the fact that AC fans cannot fathom the thought of losing to Clinton. I'm sure the team feels the same pressure, and Clinton has nothing to lose and everything to gain, so they will come in loose and fired up. If Clinton can shut down the running game of AC and force this young team to complete passes, then AC is in trouble. On the other side, Clinton has a good passing scheme and a good passer, so I think they'll have more balance on O. Having said all that, it looks to me like Clinton ought to come out of there with the win.

What is going on at AC, how could they be in this situation (0-4) with good kids, good coaches, and good support. I don't get it? Is it injuries or what?

I have heard that a couple of coaches had quit and even one of them quit during a game, but im not for sure...... hopefully clinton can shut down the run offense because in the past you seen coach kerr with really talented experienced running backs like,justin carden, but now Kerr has really young backs, don't get me wrong they are talented and big but i don't think its nothing that clintons defense can handle..... also if our wide recievers can catch we will be good...... see ya at the game tonight clinton by 11

Yeah i like your little saying that you have but i do beleive that the mav team u will see playing tommorw night will be pretty good and oh yeah since i figured your a player for clinton and prob dont play at all...and all you do is get on here and talk stuff you better hope your "LIL" dragons come through tommorrw night cuz i dont see it happening GO MAVS by 14

yeah the mav team i'll see 2mrw night is going to be pretty good... really good as a matter of a fact.. i mean look they are 0-4 goin for another "big win" 2night... <_< you're joking right big boy... i mean come on now... "LIL" i cant wait to see AC's big QB Cody Seiber come out swinging i heard he is going pro... who they say gonna beat AC... WE THEY... WE THAY

LETS ROLL DRAGONS

And AC hasn't played any AA schools and they have played one AAAAA and and DI/AA thats prob one of the best private schools round you will see but then again I guess your right AC hasn't played anyone and i would like to see Clinton beat one team in this region that ac plays in....

WHAT 5A SCHOOLS HAS AC PLAYED??!?!?! didnt they loose there season opener to greenville?? or some small nobody schools?... face it big boy... your mavs are 0-4... there stuff is weak... but hey i dont wanna talk n e more trash... you can find me front row of the student section... and we'll see who wins the cross town showdown baby.... woo