Elizabethton @ Greeneville

HighSchoolFanatic

Both are struggling a little, but I believe the Cyclone can travel to Andrew Johnson City and defeat the Devils. I said the same thing last year and looked wut happened. Jordan Greenway, a freshman, picked apart the Cyclone Defense. It doesnt count as far as standing wise, but if the 'Clones lose they will lose a lot of momentum heading into conference. But I dont see that happening, considering that Greeneville fields a group of young and inexperienced athletes. It will be hard to replace B.J. Washington and Brandon Gash.

Edited by HighSchoolFanatic

Both are struggling a little, but I believe the Cyclone can travel to Andrew Johnson City and defeat the Devils. I said the same thing last year and looked wut happened. Jordan Greenway, a freshman, picked apart the Cyclone Defense. It doesnt count as far as standing wise, but if the 'Clones lose they will lose a lot of momentum heading into conference. But I dont see that happening, considering that Greeneville fields a group of young and inexperienced athletes. It will be hard to replace B.J. Washington and Brandon Gash.

Au contrare my little fanatico, but the outcome of this game can impact the standings and I think Greeneville is acutely aware of the importance of non-conference games. Last year, we reached the end of the season in a 3-way tie and overall record cost Greeneville the trip to the play-offs.

As far as your "young and inexperienced athletes" comment, you are aware that you preceded that with the statement that " a freshman picked apart the cyclone defense".

As far as replacing, BJ and Brandon, well you play the hand your dealt. Ryan Duncan had a nice game, 75 yds on 7 carries and Greenway picked up 45 on 7 carries. While Greeneville does not have the targets it had last year, They can manage to complete enough short passes to be effective, especially if big Danny Bannach is back this week.(missed the Cocke County with an injury)

One thing Greeneville has that may prove bothersome for the Cyclones is speed... on both sides of the ball. Their tenacious little defense seems to fly to the ball. And they TACKLE. They have also played a very disciplined game, without excessive mistakes and bonehead penalties. Betsy had better bring their A-game and not rely on Greeneville's youth and inexperience to hand them the game. Could be a costly assumption.

Danny is going to be out for most of the season. But we have a couple of great backups in Arrington and Stewart, they didn't seem to miss a beat last friday night. Looking forward to this game, don't look for a repeat of the homecoming a couple years ago.

I hate to hear that, we really enjoyed watching him...what an athlete.

Well, Greeneville is young, and Elizabethton has alittle momentum now, but its not going to be easy to go down there and win..... I remember I went to this game last year to watch Elizabethton get beat, and I ended in awe of Greenway. He was a tremendous talent at QB last year... And he was just a freshman!!!

Greenway looks bigger and way stronger this year...must have put in some serious time in the gym over the summer. I think he is one of the smartest QBs I have seen this year. Doesn't make a lot of stupid mistakes. He is just getting healthy after a pre-season groin pull, so I expect to see him run a bit more. With a big conference win under their belt, I think Greeneville has a good head of steam... I don't see Ol'Betsy ruining homecoming for my Mighty Devils.