Union City @ South Fulton

Devil_Alumni

Well u were close backinthaoc.

Final Score:

Union City-41

South Fulton-20

I commend UC's coach for not running up the score like they could have. It was 41-0 at the half and was all UC the whole time. Bracey had i think 6 carries for 240 yards and 5 td's, he is a great athlete. SF still has alot of growning up to do. They moved the ball quit a bit in the first half but were plagued by turnovers. Avent wasnt there so i take it he for sure moved away. Joe shelton was, i believe the biggest threat on the night for SF and had 18 carries for 156 yards, just a sophmore and he shows alot of heart and determination.

Anyway good luck to UC on the rest of the season and same for SF.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,I'll guess on a score....Union City 42......South Fulton 12

I don't know if you have seen them or not,but if you haven't,you'll be wondering how in the world this bunch is 1A....When that tractor trailor pulls up and those 4 or 5 bus loads of band kids walk out,you'll wonder hoew in the world they are 1A....These kids look awesome in their uniforms,but they don't play like any Union City team I have seen in many years....South Fulton is so young and they are still Union City...The Tornadoes should and probably will win pretty handily...

I went to the SF v. UC game last year and had the exact same thought. How in the world is this team Single A? :thumb: As far as the head coach goes, I didn't play football when I was in high school, but I know that many people (mostly former players) have been saying we need a new coach for almost the entire time he has been there.

Edited by hcity

I went to the SF v. UC game last year and had the exact same thought. How in the world is this team Single A? :thumb: As far as the head coach goes, I didn't play football when I was in high school, but I know that many people (mostly former players) have been saying we need a new coach for almost the entire time he has been there.

its called our enrollment. we might still be a large school (for 1a) but we are still 1a, get used to it we will be for a least 6 more years. i heard no complaining when trousdale dropped, (3a to 1a, explain that) but im gettin off topic. i know from a personal expierence during the summer that coach wood never makes lifting mandatory. i know thier young, but they need to develop discipline. (for more on developing discipline, go to-obion county coaches complain about coacht, everyone their seems to know about it) until they get serious about football, they will never be competitive

I believe he was mentioning about that yall dont LOOK like a 1A team. And saying that its just unbelievable to seem how much support yall bring to a game. Yalls band is awsome and put on one of the best halftime programs i've ever seen.I dont think he was complaining, just verifying. And im pretty sure Trousdale was playing in 3A with a 1A enrollment, and im sure that there was complaining but u prolly didnt here much about it on any of West TN threads on here. As to the comment about the players being disciplined and referring to the "Coaches Complain" topic, i can personally assure u that there arent many CURRENT players, maybe even none at all, that post on here. It seemed like UC had more of a problem with that than SF did.

But yes u are right about the coach doesnt emphasize enough on weight training and conditioning. But have recently started more than they have in the past.

Edited by Devil_Alumni

ucalumni06,people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. If hard work is all it takes to win football games, then why did Westview and Obion Central embarrass Union City? Obviously Union City just isn't working hard enough. Now, now, don't give me any single A numbers. I heard on the radio yesterday that Obion Central is twice as big as Union City. And amazingly Union City is approximately twice as big as South Fulton. I fully realize that UC is now single A by numbers. But UC is one of the largest single A schools in the state and SF is one of the smallest. There is a direct correlation.

South Fulton is doing the best they can with what they have. No--weight lifting is not mandatory. Most players lift but not all. It's basically the only problem I have with the current staff. But don't worry about SF. We'll be just fine.

ucalumni06,people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. If hard work is all it takes to win football games, then why did Westview and Obion Central embarrass Union City? Obviously Union City just isn't working hard enough. Now, now, don't give me any single A numbers. I heard on the radio yesterday that Obion Central is twice as big as Union City. And amazingly Union City is approximately twice as big as South Fulton. I fully realize that UC is now single A by numbers. But UC is one of the largest single A schools in the state and SF is one of the smallest. There is a direct correlation.

South Fulton is doing the best they can with what they have. No--weight lifting is not mandatory. Most players lift but not all. It's basically the only problem I have with the current staff. But don't worry about SF. We'll be just fine.

Nobody was complaining though when Union City was one of the smallest 2A schools and going to the Clinic/Blue Cross-Blue Shield Bowl...Or when they moved up to 3A for a short time and were one of the smallest teams in that classification...But for the record,when Union City was dominating the series with OC they were ALWAYS twice as small as Obion Central.... Union City IS one of the largest 1A schools in the state,but they don't have a 1A & 1B classification ...SF is 1A and will have to start working harder if they want to compete with McKenzie or Union City...I've never heard of weight training not being mandatory,even when I was in school playing for UC in the early 80's.....By the way,what is the excuse for losing to Gleason,which actually is one of the SMALLEST 1A schools in the state??

you are darn right that this years uc team is not workin hard enough. they condition about half as much as last years team, and they lay down and quit when it gets ugly. some even sit out plays when their shoulders or heads hurt. but lifting is mandatory at uc, and u can see that we have had some sucess with that. maybe sf should give it a try.