Week 5 Sequatchie Valley Conf games

zonepirate

South Pittsburg (4-0) (2-0-South) - Grundy Co (0-3?)***

Jasper(1-2) (1-0 South) @ Bridgeport (0-3)(0-1 South)* - important south div game

Spring City(2-2) (0-2 North)**@ Dayton City(2-2) (1-1 North)

Bledsoe(4-0) (3-0 North)@ Rhea Central (3-0) (2-0 North)** (Big game - north division championship is on the line)

Whitwell(1-3)(1-2 South) vs Seq Co.(0-4)(0-3 North) (not sure where this one is being played)

*One of Bridgeport's losses was to out of conference Stevenson

**Not sure if they had an out of conference game in week 1 and I think Spring City had the forfeit from Grundy

***Just found out that Grundy has a team together and played (and lost to) Whitwell last week. Seems like they have picked up enough to play. The game with SP will be confirmed tomorrow

Post your picks, I'm still undecided on the two big'uns but this week is huge in division championship races

Edited by zonepirate

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Pittsburg (5-0 with forfeit) (3-0-South) - off (forfeit Grundy)

Jasper(1-2) (1-0 South) @ Bridgeport (0-3)(0-1 South)* - important south div game

Bledsoe(4-0) (3-0 North)@ Rhea Central (3-0) (2-0 North)** (Big game - north division championship is on the line)

Whitwell(0-3)(0-2 South) vs Seq Co.(0-4)(0-3 North) (not sure where this one is being played)

**Not sure if they had an out of conference game in week 1 and I think Spring City had the forfeit from Grundy

Post your picks, I'm still undecided on the two big'uns but this week is huge in division championship races

I don't know much about Rhea Central, but I hope Bledsoe win's behind the running of Derrick Smith....

>>>>>Ok. I was 3/4 (a late TD called back kept me from being 4/4) last week but this week is tougher. Time to make your predictions!!!!!!!!!!!!!<<<<<

SP over Grundy by 5+ TDs - Grundy has about 12 kids and started late. SP's back-ups play early

Jasper over B'port by 2 pts - tough one to call, could go either way. If Jasper can't stop B'port's passing game then this will not go their way. I think Snipe will have them ready

Spring City over Dayton City by a TD - another tough call.

RC over Bledsoe by 2 TDs - Bledsoe is good but RC is putting teams away early

Whitwell over Seq by a TD - the team whose QB plays the best wins this one

Here is how I see it:

South Pittsburg vs Grundy will never happen. Just as they found players to play Whitwell last week they will mysteriously lose them this week instead of having to play South Pittsburg.

Jasper gets back on track and beats Bridgeport by 13.

Spring City over Dayton City by 6

Rhea Central beats Bledsoe by 16. Its the Eddie show!! He reminds me of alot of Tana Patrick from several years back. RC however is not a one man show. The fullback is also a very good runner.

Whitwell defeats Seq. County by 8. The quick Downum kid is the difference.

Edited by MIKE LINEBACKER

Here is how I see it:

South Pittsburg vs Grundy will never happen. Just as they found players to play Whitwell last week they will mysteriously lose them this week instead of having to play South Pittsburg.

Jasper gets back on track and beats Bridgeport by 13.

Spring City over Dayton City by 6

Rhea Central beats Bledsoe by 16. Its the Eddie show!! He reminds me of alot of Tana Patrick from several years back. RC however is not a one man show. The fullback is also a very good runner.

Whitwell defeats Seq. County by 8. The quick Downum kid is the difference.

Eddie who?

Eddie Sharp is his name. He played last year as a 7th grader at Bledsoe. I believe his dad played for Bledsoe in the 80's. I am not sure what happened, but now he is at Rhea Central. Big physical runner with speed to boot.

That kid was good as a 7th grader. Even though we won last year he gained a lot of yards on us. I believe he was out at the Jamboree. Comparing him to Tana doesn't sound good for the rest of us. I haven't seen him this year or seen film on him but the word I get is that he is one of the best (if not the best) all around back in the SVC. Let us know what you think after the game.

Here is how I see it:

As of yesterday it is still on. I think they are borrowing a couple of 9th graders to fill out the ranks and we plan of putting the young guys in early and often

Bledsoebtheboys how about your picks?

Edited by zonepirate

Eddie Sharp is his name. He played last year as a 7th grader at Bledsoe. I believe his dad played for Bledsoe in the 80's. I am not sure what happened, but now he is at Rhea Central. Big physical runner with speed to boot.

I thought that was who you was referring too, just was wanting to make sure.....He moved over there cause that's where the rest of his family lives at now....

South Pittsburg (4-0) (2-0-South) - Grundy Co (0-3?)***

Whitwell(1-3)(1-2 South) vs Seq Co.(0-4)(0-3 North) (not sure where this one is being played)

***Just found out that Grundy has a team together and played (and lost to) Whitwell last week. Seems like they have picked up enough to play. The game with SP will be confirmed tomorrow

Well here's my picks...Since I won't make the Bledsoe/Rhea Central game..

SP if they play Grundy wins by 40+...

Jasper over Bridgeport by 8....

Dayton City over Spring City by 1...

Got to go with my heart on this one....Bledsoe over Rhea Central by 2..

Whitwell over Sequatchie by 16....

Edited by Bledsoebtheboys