Week 5 Sequatchie Valley Conf games

zonepirate

Here's my take.....

Jasper at Bridgeport is huge for JMS. They are definitely having a down year in comparison to past years. However, I think that Coach Webb and Coach Lewis will get the guys focused on the task at hand. JMS must play solid for the remainder of the year in order to have a shot at the playoffs. A win at Bridgeport may just be the spark that they need to get all cylinders firing again. I pick JMS by 12.

I'm going out on a limb and pick Dayton City to beat Spring City by a TD. Fortunately for a lot of folks, Spring City has finally lost all those extremely tallented players that they had for the past couple of years. This is a good rivalry game and would be a good one to watch if it wasn't such a long drive.....

Sequatchie County shocks the world by beating Whitwell by 2 points.

If Jasper can contain the TE pass in the flats and the outside twin on a crossing slant they should do pretty well. B'port throws pretty well and runs off tackle pretty well. That's why I called it close. I'm sure Snipe has our film and is planning for this.

I originally had Dayton City over Spring City but decided to go the other way. DC played us tougher than I expected. I think they are pretty evenly matched and both well coached. It should be an interesting game

Seq Co's QB will be the difference if they win. He is pretty elusive but doesn't have a whole lot of help. Whitwell would do better if the lost all the crazy formations and concentrated on improving execution. Cole is pretty accurate on the little slant passes they like to throw.

Edited by zonepirate

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here's my picks...Since I won't make the Bledsoe/Rhea Central game..

Got to go with my heart on this one....Bledsoe over Rhea Central by 2..

I would love to watch that game. It should be one of the best all year. I think Bledsoe can win it if they bring their A game and get some help from RC. Turnovers could be the difference in this one. Good Luck to Bledsoe. If you hear the score tonight let us know if you can

I would love to watch that game. It should be one of the best all year. I think Bledsoe can win it if they bring their A game and get some help from RC. Turnovers could be the difference in this one. Good Luck to Bledsoe. If you hear the score tonight let us know if you can

I've got one of the coaches cell phone numbers, so I'll give him a call later after the game....

Here are might picks. Snipe gets his little Warriors back on track, Stoney will wear Grundy out weather they play 7th, 8th or 9th graders like Mike said. Coach Smith will have his little tigers ready for the Indians and "B" I am sorry but Rhea is just too much for Bledsoe. Spring City will beat Dayton City again. Could be wrong and I hope I am on a couple of these games but this is just how I see them. Good luck Snipe. Go Warriors!

Rhea Central and Bledsoe were scoreless at halftime 0-0. Rhea Central threw a 30 yard hail mary with less than 30 seconds in the game for the last 8 points, real classless!!!

Sounds like a pretty good game. It's a shame that the coach felt he needed to run up the score in the last few minutes. The Grundy coach got mad at us because we because we scored 30 in the first half. We came out flat and it was only 8-0 at the end of the 1st qtr. We started subbing in the 2nd qtr but we can't tell our guys to quit playing. We could have scored several times in the 2nd half with the second team but we kept it inside and also punted instead of making a couple of short 4th downs inside their 35.