Week 5 Sequatchie Valley Conf games

zonepirate

well i take my hat off to your coach, good sportsmanship.

The Grundy coach may not see it that way but 2 TDs early in a game are not a safe margin at any level so you can't back off there. Our last score was a little counter play late in the second qtr that we broke for 60 yards. It looked like a reverse but it went right through the 4 hole. He didn't like it but if his LB stays home it is a 5 yard gain.

After you put your subs in they want to score too so you can't tell them to just lay down. It is tough on our fullback when he runs Bloody Nose (over the center) 6 out of 10 plays. We ran a couple of our guards/tackles as fullbacks at the end of the game. Our guard was one tackle away from a score. It was fun seeing those guys get their chance at glory

A little game action. Our wing Josh Parker #4 getting the hand off on power from QB Travis Millard #12 while wing Denzel Bynum #24, FB Jonathon Sellers #2 and guard Jacoby Reynolds #65 lead the play while our TE Korrell Garrett #25 seals Grundy's TE.

2afx0du.jpg

Edited by zonepirate

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhea Central and Bledsoe were scoreless at halftime 0-0. Rhea Central threw a 30 yard hail mary with less than 30 seconds in the game for the last 8 points, real classless!!!

To be fair to the RC coach this was posted in reply to Courtside by 7mm on the HS board

I would have posted under middle school but I don't have coacht plus. I'm replying to your post about RC coaching being classless. I would agree with your post if all your facts were true. First, there were 2 minutes left in the game not 30 seconds. Second, a hail marry usually consist of at least 3 receivers, not just 1. I talked with the coach after the game about that play. He said that he had the second string backfield (except the QB) and most of the second string line in the game and he was trying to get the rest of second string in but he was facing a third and fourteen situation. He called a pass play to get the first down and put the rest of second string in to run out the clock. He said the QB had never thrown that pass for more than 18 yards in practice or in a game and he never dreamed he would throw the ball that far. He said that he had no intentions of scoring again. He tried to appologize to the Bledsoe coach after the game for that last score and the Bledsoe coach just yelled at him and walked off the field. Now that is classless.

And This was my reply

IMO, The Bledsoe coach should have listened and at least tried to understand. Yelling and walking off was not a good example for his 7th and 8th graders. As for the RC coach - If it was only a 18 - 6 lead and around the Bledsoe 30 and there was 2 mins instead of 30 seconds then I'm not sure if I would call trying to get a first down on 3rd and long running up the score. If it is 30 seconds then 2 running plays kills the clock and there would be no need to pass and it would have been running the score up. I'm not sure what the RC coach had in mind but 2 min left vs 30 secs left does make a difference

Well, i guess you would have to know the situation, the school, the coach, and the rivalry involved. He (RC) is the offensive coordinator not the coach, is also the same one who was thrown out of the basketball conference tournament for walking on the court after the refs, he is also the one who called for a long pass in the late minutes of the fourth quarter against sequatchie 2 weeks ago when he was winning by over 30 points. Bledsoe coach had every right to be upset. Why even call to throw the ball ,even if it was 3rd and goal on the opponents 30 yard line?

Well, i guess you would have to know the situation, the school, the coach, and the rivalry involved. He (RC) is the offensive coordinator not the coach, is also the same one who was thrown out of the basketball conference tournament for walking on the court after the refs, he is also the one who called for a long pass in the late minutes of the fourth quarter against sequatchie 2 weeks ago when he was winning by over 30 points. Bledsoe coach had every right to be upset. Why even call to throw the ball ,even if it was 3rd and goal on the opponents 30 yard line?

You're right I don't know the situation. Being in the south division we don't know what goes on in Rhea County. The Seq game ( Seq vs RC ) may have been a totally different situation but in a 12 pt game with 2 mins left I can at least see what his thinking was and I'm not sure other coaches would have done differently, you get the first down and the game is in the bag and you are the division champs. I'm just trying to see both points of view. If this has happened before then I can also see why the Bledsoe coach was mad.

What about it...running up the score or smart football???

Edited by zonepirate

It doesn't really matter what we think... what is important is why the coach did it and if Bledsoe's coach still thinks it was "classless". RC's coach knows in his heart what he was trying to do and if running up the score is it... he'll get the tables turned on him someday... Given the time/score at the moment, if it was truly a smart play, then Bledsoe's coach has had time to rethink and let his emotions level out. Either way, nothing can be done about it untill next year...... so let's move on....

I guess that horse has been beaten enough. Here is the game story in the Rhea County newspaper RC vs Bledsoe

In general terms, what would be considered the line between running up the score and smart football. Jr High is a little different (or should be IMO) than high school and there will be a grey area but where is the line drawn?

Edited by zonepirate

Rhea Central beats Bledsoe by 16. Its the Eddie show!! He reminds me of alot of Tana Patrick from several years back. RC however is not a one man show. The fullback is also a very good runner.

I finally got to see some tape on RC and Sharp is good. I don't think he is as good as Tana, he was a man among children. The FB is a strong runner too. RC is pretty good top to bottom

Edited by zonepirate

I finally got to see some tape on RC and Sharp is good. I don't think he is as good as Tana, he was a man among children. The FB is a strong runner too. RC is pretty good top to bottom

I was fortunate to see Tana play several times in middle school and as far as technique and effort goes Eddie is better. However no one will probably be as great a physical specimen as Tana was at that age. Since middle school Coach Rose has gotten that lazy out of Tana and he will be one of the best players ever to play in this area.

I was fortunate to see Tana play several times in middle school and as far as technique and effort goes Eddie is better. However no one will probably be as great a physical specimen as Tana was at that age. Since middle school Coach Rose has gotten that lazy out of Tana and he will be one of the best players ever to play in this area.

I was thinking in terms of a pure athlete. Tana was lazy and had poor games but when he was on there was no match. I've seen Eddie twice, last year when he was at Bledsoe and one tape this year and he is an impressive runner. I look forward to SP and RC playing. It will be quite a display of talent in the backfields.

Edited by zonepirate