Oneida after 5 games

cornpone

B) Didn't know they pulled out the "T" formation at Oakdale. Cool, I guess?!?! Pardon me if I'm a little puzzled, I just haven't seen a whole lot of that since.......well, Diggs. :thumb: Then again it makes some sense to me that the coaching staff might resort to a variety of formations to confuse some defenses. I would think Midway will come with their ears pinned back, so anything that they haven't see before to make them "hesitate" is a plus. I assume Tory was the QB out of that formation? :thumb: That would be my guess because he reacts better to thinks coming at him. In the near future we have to make teams quess what we are doing to keep defenses honest. Formations help, but personnel can tip teams, too. :thumb: I thought all the "fencebenders" sent the little tykes to get Hot Dogs, nachoes, and popcorn? That would just make Big Injun part of the "crew" wouldn't it?

Kaz

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to agree with kaz a bunch. The offensive line is green the more games they get under the belt the better they will be. I think the pass routes need to be a little shorter,get them the ball and let those guys make plays. they're a talented bunch. no complaints on d they're giving up what an avg of 6 a game. not too shabby. we need more consistent play out of the qb's they're playing great don't get me wrong I'd just like to see a better offensive rythm. and the T formation you saw friday night was straight out of jack diggs' playbook. it may come in handy down the road overall I'd say the tribe is way ahead of where it was last year but we've still got a ways to go but those boys are movin' in the right direction. :thumb:

Id like to see BIG INDIAN shape up a little. he's been workin' in ky too long and he's gettin a little too relaxed on that fence. next thing you know he's gonna be sending little kids to get him hot dogs and nachos and stuff :lol:;)

I JUST GET FIRED UP ON SPECIAL OCCASIONS!SPEAKING ABOUT GETTING FIRED UP DID YOU SEE THE OAKDALE PLAYERS DAD GETTING READY TO PUT THE HURT ON THEIR COACH :ph34r: HE WAS RIPPED

york will beat oneida by 20 or more midway will win by 14 sunbright will beat them by at least 10 at i think they will beat greenback by 7

don't hold back now tell us what u think man :ph34r:

I think these kids got more fight in em than that you got em losing by a combined 44 points and the defense hasn't given up that many all year.

The defense has looked pretty good all year and the offense has had its highs and lows. We are going to have to find a way to consistently score some points to win the games remaining on our schedule.

I saw a few things at Oakdale that make me feel a lot better about the second half of the season. 1. We got #8 the ball and he made a big play. 2. #5 made a play with the ball in his hands. 3. The "T" looked pretty good at the end of the game.

If they can figure out a way to keep those 3 things happening in the next 5 games, Oneida is going to make some noise.

Hey Kaz......sometimes you will come across a Joe Blo that does know a thing or two. :ph34r:

they made a few plays against oakdale wow i think scotts jv team can do that

york will run all over oneida

they made a few plays against oakdale wow i think scotts jv team can do that

york will run all over oneida

york is definitely a physical football team they line up toe to toe and try to run it down your throat. I'm curious how oneida will respond to that but I'm gonna worry about midway first. I do think scott could have played york a little better if the defense was a bit stronger off tackle

The "T" looked pretty good at the end of the game.

Didn't it, though? I'm sure that won't be the last time we see it this year.

I pretty much agree with Kaz's assessment. The defense is solid and will keep Oneida in every game they play this year. The offense has looked very good at times, and not good a other times. The components are there — I keep going back to the Wartburg score; Halfway in, Oneida has still scored more against Wartburg than anyone else, and the Dawgs have played some good teams. I realize they came out and laid down against Oneida, but let's give the Indians some credit. The components are there; there just needs to be a little more consistency, some continued improvement on the O-line, and some minor tweaking with the passing game. Oneida could wind up second in the region and earn the opportunity to host their first playoff game in several years, or they could miss the playoffs entirely. It's going to be a very interesting October, that is for sure.

You can just tell tommyb has worked long hours scouting the Indians to make such scintillating predictions. :o Praise the Lord, we are going to get by Greenback by a TOUCHDOWN. That is just the level that this proud tradition strives to attain! We can only hope!

Truthfully, tommyb can't distinguish his head from his hind end. All those teams will have to pitch shut outs because they will be hard pressed to ring up the score board on a stingy Indian Defense. They got bit by a spread option offense averaging 30 something points a game and it was directed by the strongest QB they will face. Williamsburg earned all of their 21 points, but the Indians aren't likely to face another passing team of that caliber the rest of the way out. None of the teams lift on their schedule will have that effective a passing attack. Besides, the Indians aren't very shoddy with their pass defense.

tommyb............ :o

Kaz

Hey TB where are you from and who do you support?

why does it matter where i am from and lets just say i support teams who i respect

You can just tell tommyb has worked long hours scouting the Indians to make such scintillating predictions. :P Praise the Lord, we are going to get by Greenback by a TOUCHDOWN. That is just the level that this proud tradition strives to attain! We can only hope!

Truthfully, tommyb can't distinguish his head from his hind end. All those teams will have to pitch shut outs because they will be hard pressed to ring up the score board on a stingy Indian Defense. They got bit by a spread option offense averaging 30 something points a game and it was directed by the strongest QB they will face. Williamsburg earned all of their 21 points, but the Indians aren't likely to face another passing team of that caliber the rest of the way out. None of the teams lift on their schedule will have that effective a passing attack. Besides, the Indians aren't very shoddy with their pass defense.

tommyb............ :thumb:

Kaz

who all has oneida played thats had a good defense

Edited by tommyb