Best Backfield in 1A

FridayMainEvent

South Pittsburg has 5 running backs that would start at most places. That's one reason Coach Grider went to the Wing T/Double Wing

1 Kartrez Bibbs RB/DB So.

2 David Jones RB/LB 5'8 165 So.

21 Rashawn Weatherspoon RB/DB 5'10 160 Jr.

24 Robert Robinson RB/LB 6'0 185 Jr.

25 Montrell Mitchell RB/LB So.

And don't forget our QB

5 Cody Robinson QB/LB 5-11 170 Jr.

I agree. This backfield will be very hard for any 1A team to touch. Have a lot of young guys that will only get better. Very fast backfield at all of those positions. This team will go very far this year, and next year, 1A better def. watch out.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruceton Central's is powerful

FB - Alex Matlock (6'5 - 255) with good speed, killer instinct, and great hands

TB - Chad Jordan (6' - 210) good speed, aggressive

Both of these guys are juniors.

Jordan broke the school record last week against South Fulton. 28 carries / 427 yards and tied the school record with 6 td's.

:)

He must be good to get that many yards. Who did you play?

Bruceton Central's is powerful

FB - Alex Matlock (6'5 - 255) with good speed, killer instinct, and great hands

TB - Chad Jordan (6' - 210) good speed, aggressive

Both of these guys are juniors.

Jordan broke the school record last week against South Fulton. 28 carries / 427 yards and tied the school record with 6 td's.

:)

What ever happened to Jarod King? I played against him in 89.

Actually Nashville Christian would probably would argue w/ you. I saw yalls game on film, and yall by no means dominated NCS. Yall pulled away in the second half, but w/ 2 mins left in the sec quarter yall were only up 6-3, at that point in the Jo Byrns game we were up 34-0. And RB Orlando Taylor had 3 TD's w/ only 5 touches. Starting RB Colton Morris didnt even play!!! So its hard to say ur RB's are better.

As I've said several times on here, that game was played while our kids were out of school for two weeks and were very unfocused. I've repeatedly heard you mention watching a tape of this game. I hope that is the only scouting your coach has done of us since that seems to be the game you always want to bring up! Your going to be up for a rude awakening if so! I've not made one comparison to Jo Byrns in any of my posts. Fact is, until we get out on the field, not you nor I know how we will match up. You can look at common opponents all you want, but it doesn't have a thing to do with what's going to happen last game of the season! :thumb:

As I've said several times on here, that game was played while our kids were out of school for two weeks and were very unfocused. I've repeatedly heard you mention watching a tape of this game. I hope that is the only scouting your coach has done of us since that seems to be the game you always want to bring up! Your going to be up for a rude awakening if so! I've not made one comparison to Jo Byrns in any of my posts. Fact is, until we get out on the field, not you nor I know how we will match up. You can look at common opponents all you want, but it doesn't have a thing to do with what's going to happen last game of the season! :thumb:

he was talking about the RBs not the entire team. i believe the purpose of his post was to point out that by no means are cascade's backs better that jbhs's backs utilizing the performances of the RBs for both teams against NCS. the fact is that NCS's defense was childsplay and even our 4th team RB's were moving the ball against their 1D rather effectively but one can not be one dimesional now can he. this thread is about backfields so if you want to whine about whose team is better wait another 6 weeks to do so. oh yeah i believe every time orlando touched the ball he got 20+ yards. how many of your backs did that? :lol:

Edited by Brilliant Player Version 4.266