How many UNDEFEATED teams left in the State.

NeWbLuE

The region matches for Central (and their entire district) have always been a huge obstacle. 3 of the last four years MC has played the eventual A/AA state champion in the first region game. The other year, they didn't get out of the district but FRA still defeated the team that did and eventually went on to win it all. If MC wins out and wins the tournament, if there has ever been a year where they can compete with the other district, this is it.

do u know where that region is being held?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do u know where that region is being held?

Well like most, the first round games will be held at the winners' sites. However, nobody from MC's district has made it to the finals since I can remember, so the game has always been held at the other district's winner's field. So because of that I'm not sure where the rotation is at this year.

rgossett14 Did you see the game MC vs Harpeth? I saw the score 0-0.

Did Harpeth get many shots on goal>? Who controlled the midfield ? Possession %?

Which Keeper had to work the hardest ?

We(White House Heritage) were to play the loser of that game in the first round of the District tourney. Now I am not sure how they will figure it since it was a tie. Each of those teams beat us by 3 goals in regular season. They are both 7-0-1 in region 5 district 10. hmmmmm. I am looking for the brackets.

By the way

Congrats on the UNDEFEATED season. ccccccccccccccccccccc'mon!! That is huge.

rgossett14 Did you see the game MC vs Harpeth? I saw the score 0-0.

Did Harpeth get many shots on goal>? Who controlled the midfield ? Possession %?

Which Keeper had to work the hardest ?

We(White House Heritage) were to play the loser of that game in the first round of the District tourney. Now I am not sure how they will figure it since it was a tie. Each of those teams beat us by 3 goals in regular season. They are both 7-0-1 in region 5 district 10. hmmmmm. I am looking for the brackets.

By the way

Congrats on the UNDEFEATED season. ccccccccccccccccccccc'mon!! That is huge.

Yeah I saw it right from the sideline (Assistant Coach)...the shots were 9-4 in favor of MC. All 9 of our shots were right at the keeper and neither goalie really had to work. We controlled most of the game but our possession and passing was off. Had to shift some players around because of injuries as well.

Harpeth finishes up second in the district due to goal differential. The brackets are posted in the other topic.

Thanks for the compliment. The girls played way above any of our expectations.

The region matches for Central (and their entire district) have always been a huge obstacle. 3 of the last four years MC has played the eventual A/AA state champion in the first region game. The other year, they didn't get out of the district but FRA still defeated the team that did and eventually went on to win it all. If MC wins out and wins the tournament, if there has ever been a year where they can compete with the other district, this is it.

Having played against Mont. Central, let me say that yes, while they do have a good chance of making it out of their district this season (not hard, the competition isn't that tough) I don't believe that they can make it with the likes of FRA or CPA. They are an agressive team with good posession when they get the ball up front, but until that point, it's just a big game of "kick-ball". They don't have the tactics or marking ability to get past the likes of FRA w/ their poise and slew of great players and/or CPA with Rita Spelling et al. Their defense tends to stink to the ball, so creative players like R. Spelling will take advantage of that.Although, there is always the chance of a quite unlooked for upset like almost happened last year, with CPA just edging past Fairview (MC's district's Champs over Harpeth) 1-0 in overtime. However, i'm sure with the actual style of play/shots on goal there wasn't such a close proximity. When it comes down to it, I predict that greater poise, tactics, and overall skill and experience will win out over Mont. Central if they make into the regional tournament.

Edited by Saprissista

Having played against Mont. Central, let me say that yes, while they do have a good chance of making it out of their district this season (not hard, the competition isn't that tough) I don't believe that they can make it with the likes of FRA or CPA. They are an agressive team with good posession when they get the ball up front, but until that point, it's just a big game of "kick-ball". They don't have the tactics or marking ability to get past the likes of FRA w/ their poise and slew of great players and/or CPA with Rita Spelling et al. Their defense tends to stink to the ball, so creative players like R. Spelling will take advantage of that.Although, there is always the chance of a quite unlooked for upset like almost happened last year, with CPA just edging past Fairview (MC's district's Champs over Harpeth) 1-0 in overtime. However, i'm sure with the actual style of play/shots on goal there wasn't such a close proximity. When it comes down to it, I predict that greater poise, tactics, and overall skill and experience will win out over Mont. Central if they make into the regional tournament.

every team has an off game everyonce in a while and i think the players knew that they were playing "kickball" but every other game that they have played have been pretty close to perfect passing and pretty good footskills.

I meant to say that their defenders stink to the ball, not stink.As in, the shift to whatever side the ball is on, and leave their marks on the far side. hehe, don't know where the stink came from, but it won't let me edit it.So, you'll just have to bear with me. And pretend that it doesn't say "stink to the ball" in my original post.

every team has an off game everyonce in a while and i think the players knew that they were playing "kickball" but every other game that they have played have been pretty close to perfect passing and pretty good footskills.

Well, i've only seen one game so I can't judge as to the play in your others. Although, it can't be that hard to possess around teams that you beat with a margin of at least 5 goals to zero, and only one or two without a losing record. Once again, it's hard to judge a team's post-season potential when they haven't really had any competition even marginally close to that of who they will face in the region. It will be fun to see that test though, if you do advance out of your district. (yours/theirs whatever...)