Wk.6 Sullivan South @ TN HIGH

HiGipper

Cap - What exactly is statistically superior for linemen? Does that mean they are taller and weigh more? Just because someone is bigger on paper does not mean they are better, especially in terms of linemen. A smaller, quicker lineman with good technique can often get the better of a bigger man. You also can't measure the heart and desire of a player.

I guess Tn High had nothing to prove, so they didn't play with any emotion???

I wish Tn High the best of luck the rest of the season. I think they will represent Region 1 welll in the playoffs.

In a nutshell…I saw the South vs. DB game on TV. Does that explain what “statistically superior” means? :thumb:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Volman…I think you are the one who has been misled. But we will see.

Cap...We said we would respect you on this site because of your displayed sportsmanship...but you are backsliding even as we speak. DB taught us a lesson...put up or shut up! We taught you a lesson...put up or shut up! Maybe Elizabethton will teach us another lesson. Maybe Johnson county will teach you another lesson. We did not rationalize our loss to DB. We lashed out at our coach for putting his head in the sand...Now he commands a Roman Legion! We lashed out at our SuperStar QB for being all about himself...Now he is Maximus Decimus Meridius. If your team has a problem then address it. And trust me, they do have issues. I screamed about South's problems. We ambled through 3 weeks of uncertainty and then with 2 weeks to prepare for you...we saw the light. Now we are to be reconed with...however, with the correct attitude and mentality even the lowliest of teams can be born again. Your Holier-Than-Thou attitude will be the death of your organization. I suggest you go back through the fire and come out the other side tempered for battle again instead to cry and whine that "they beat us but we're better than they are"! Get on with it.

Cap...We said we would respect you on this site because of your displayed sportsmanship...but you are backsliding even as we speak. DB taught us a lesson...put up or shut up! We taught you a lesson...put up or shut up! Maybe Elizabethton will teach us another lesson. Maybe Johnson county will teach you another lesson. We did not rationalize our loss to DB. We lashed out at our coach for putting his head in the sand...Now he commands a Roman Legion! We lashed out at our SuperStar QB for being all about himself...Now he is Maximus Decimus Meridius. If your team has a problem then address it. And trust me, they do have issues. I screamed about South's problems. We ambled through 3 weeks of uncertainty and then with 2 weeks to prepare for you...we saw the light. Now we are to be reconed with...however, with the correct attitude and mentality even the lowliest of teams can be born again. Your Holier-Than-Thou attitude will be the death of your organization. I suggest you go back through the fire and come out the other side tempered for battle again instead to cry and whine that "they beat us but we're better than they are"! Get on with it.

Campusatman…I don’t care if you respect me or not! But let me tell ya…don’t start non, won’t be non!!! And once again I will say that I have no problem with the Vikings. As I’ve said before Coach Stubbs knows his team and what they can and can’t do and I stand by his game plan. We just had a bad game. I know it’s hard for you to understand because South has obviously dominated all of their opponents this year…but it happens sometimes. But don’t expect to see the same team you played Friday if we should meet again this year. Sort of like when South lost the first meeting with the Vikings in 04’ 52-7, and then came back in the playoffs and only lost 31-17. Well….I guess that’s not a good example. :P:D:thumb:

Campusatman…I don’t care if you respect me or not! But let me tell ya…don’t start non, won’t be non!!! And once again I will say that I have no problem with the Vikings. As I’ve said before Coach Stubbs knows his team and what they can and can’t do and I stand by his game plan. We just had a bad game. I know it’s hard for you to understand because South has obviously dominated all of their opponents this year…but it happens sometimes. But don’t expect to see the same team you played Friday if we should meet again this year. Sort of like when South lost the first meeting with the Vikings in 04’ 52-7, and then came back in the playoffs and only lost 31-17. Well….I guess that’s not a good example. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Sounds like a region-runner-up SMUG ALERT is in order.

9-2 ain't so bad. But remember, you finish 2nd and face MoWest in 2nd round at their place. Finish 3rd and get Boone instead.

Its 3rd & long.... so which side does Thomas run?

Campusatman…I don’t care if you respect me or not! But let me tell ya…don’t start non, won’t be non!!! And once again I will say that I have no problem with the Vikings. As I’ve said before Coach Stubbs knows his team and what they can and can’t do and I stand by his game plan. We just had a bad game. I know it’s hard for you to understand because South has obviously dominated all of their opponents this year…but it happens sometimes. But don’t expect to see the same team you played Friday if we should meet again this year. Sort of like when South lost the first meeting with the Vikings in 04’ 52-7, and then came back in the playoffs and only lost 31-17. Well….I guess that’s not a good example. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Cap, maybe you haven't paid attention to my posts since I got here but I don't partake in trash, don't use buzzwords, have no need to sound koolio, and most importantly...have no need to be politically correct. I call it as I see it! And when it comes to my team I am spot-on! When it comes to the competition I give respect where it is due and don't overstep my bounds. I make it a point to give past, present, and future considerations based on a teams history, attitude, and talent level. No, I don't like to make predictions because it is pretentious and in this game it is best not to lose sight of the goal...otherwise anything can happen. I thought there was hope for you but now I see you are just an adolescent with an adolescents point of view. "Don't start none won't be none"...I guess that's just Playa' talk...but I doubt you are a "Playa" or a player. At any rate...no one will pay any attention to what you have to say now. You put yourself in a position to be respected and we respected you. Now you put yourself in a position to be rejected...so be it.

Sounds like a region-runner-up SMUG ALERT is in order.

9-2 ain't so bad. But remember, you finish 2nd and face MoWest in 2nd round at their place. Finish 3rd and get Boone instead.

Its 3rd & long.... so which side does Thomas run?

Like I said long ago...one dimensional.

Campusatman…I don’t care if you respect me or not! But let me tell ya…don’t start non, won’t be non!!! And once again I will say that I have no problem with the Vikings. As I’ve said before Coach Stubbs knows his team and what they can and can’t do and I stand by his game plan. We just had a bad game. I know it’s hard for you to understand because South has obviously dominated all of their opponents this year…but it happens sometimes. But don’t expect to see the same team you played Friday if we should meet again this year. Sort of like when South lost the first meeting with the Vikings in 04’ 52-7, and then came back in the playoffs and only lost 31-17. Well….I guess that’s not a good example. :D<_<:thumb:

Two bad games back to back. Either ya'll are really unlucky or maybe you're just not that good. I'm leaning towards not that good. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, well, it must be a duck!

Two bad games back to back. Either ya'll are really unlucky or maybe you're just not that good. I'm leaning towards not that good. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, well, it must be a duck!

. . .TN High is good. . .they just got surprised by that T-formation. Of course, I wouldn't want Justin Dykes running with a full head of steam at me either. . . <_<

Cap, maybe you haven't paid attention to my posts since I got here but I don't partake in trash, don't use buzzwords, have no need to sound koolio, and most importantly...have no need to be politically correct. I call it as I see it! And when it comes to my team I am spot-on! When it comes to the competition I give respect where it is due and don't overstep my bounds. I make it a point to give past, present, and future considerations based on a teams history, attitude, and talent level. No, I don't like to make predictions because it is pretentious and in this game it is best not to lose sight of the goal...otherwise anything can happen. I thought there was hope for you but now I see you are just an adolescent with an adolescents point of view. "Don't start none won't be none"...I guess that's just Playa' talk...but I doubt you are a "Playa" or a player. At any rate...no one will pay any attention to what you have to say now. You put yourself in a position to be respected and we respected you. Now you put yourself in a position to be rejected...so be it.

Like I said long ago...one dimensional.

I’m sorry campwhatever…we’re all out of awards here on coach t tonight. But that was truly an award winning speech. BRAVO!!!! :D

Who is your team anyway South or DB??? In case you haven’t noticed the games are almost always played here on coacht before the players ever step on the field. These boards are a release for some, entertainment for others, but all in all it is USUALLY good clean fun. I have actually met several people off here in person…GOOD PEOPLE!!! And believe it or not they have all been from opposing teams. B)

And here is a news flash for you…nobody on here is getting paid to give his or her two cents, and I’m not aware of any coaching positions that have been filled by anyone boasting a coacht resume!!! Take a look around you…your not the only clown on here that thinks they have all the answers. So if you don’t mind…come down off your podium, and talk a little trash with us…come on…just relax!! B) Regardless of what is said on here, or who says it……the games will still be played on Friday!!! Man....I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!! That’s FANATIC talk. :thumb:

I’m sorry campwhatever…we’re all out of awards here on coach t tonight. But that was truly an award winning speech. BRAVO!!!! :thumb:

Who is your team anyway South or DB??? In case you haven’t noticed the games are almost always played here on coacht before the players ever step on the field. These boards are a release for some, entertainment for others, but all in all it is USUALLY good clean fun. I have actually met several people off here in person…GOOD PEOPLE!!! And believe it or not they have all been from opposing teams. :blink:

And here is a news flash for you…nobody on here is getting paid to give his or her two cents, and I’m not aware of any coaching positions that have been filled by anyone boasting a coacht resume!!! Take a look around you…your not the only clown on here that thinks they have all the answers. So if you don’t mind…come down off your podium, and talk a little trash with us…come on…just relax!! :lol: Regardless of what is said on here, or who says it……the games will still be played on Friday!!! Man....I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!! That’s FANATIC talk. :lol:

OK Cap...I'm relaxed. I just watched the replay of the game and I will give you one consolation...If you had a passing game we would have been in trouble. And I think you sorta have one but you just don't practice it. I look for you to throw the ball next time. Oh and by the way...I'm a South fan. My son is uh...number uh...and he plays uh...aaaghh you'll figure it out. Aaaaagghhh Yeeeeaaaaaghh!!!

Edited by compusatman

OK Cap...I'm relaxed. I just watched the replay of the game and I will give you one consolation...If you had a passing game we would have been in trouble. And I think you sorta have one but you just don't practice it. I look for you to throw the ball next time. Oh and by the way...I'm a South fan. My son is uh...number uh...and he plays uh...aaaghh you'll figure it out. Aaaaagghhh Yeeeeaaaaaghh!!!

I see that you are fairly new to the boards (or at least new to this alias)…you’ll get use to me. I don’t mean any harm…I just like to mix it up with the guys on here…push a button or two to stir up the pot. :blink: I do however do my best to give credit where credit is do and just like most on here, I appreciate talent when I see it. With that said…I appreciate the consolation bone you threw to this dog but I have to disagree with you on your assessment of the game. I don’t think there was anything the Vikings could have done to change the outcome of the game last Friday night. The Rebels were simply the better team that night in every aspect and Philips was obviously on point! The Vikings will find it very difficult to stay in the game with even a lesser team if they repeat the performance that they put on in this game. I’m not trying to take away from the South win, it’s just that I have seen the Vikings play all year and know what they are capable of and that was easily their poorest effort to date. And that’s including the DB game. Not saying the outcome would have been any different Friday night but it would have been a better game if the Vikings had showed up. The Rebels played an almost flawless game and if they can ride this wave for the rest of the year (as bad as I hate to say it) I see them giving Mo West a run for their money this year. Credit due…credit given!! :thumb:

I see that you are fairly new to the boards (or at least new to this alias)…you’ll get use to me. I don’t mean any harm…I just like to mix it up with the guys on here…push a button or two to stir up the pot. :lol: I do however do my best to give credit where credit is do and just like most on here, I appreciate talent when I see it. With that said…I appreciate the consolation bone you threw to this dog but I have to disagree with you on your assessment of the game. I don’t think there was anything the Vikings could have done to change the outcome of the game last Friday night. The Rebels were simply the better team that night in every aspect and Philips was obviously on point! The Vikings will find it very difficult to stay in the game with even a lesser team if they repeat the performance that they put on in this game. I’m not trying to take away from the South win, it’s just that I have seen the Vikings play all year and know what they are capable of and that was easily their poorest effort to date. And that’s including the DB game. Not saying the outcome would have been any different Friday night but it would have been a better game if the Vikings had showed up. The Rebels played an almost flawless game and if they can ride this wave for the rest of the year (as bad as I hate to say it) I see them giving Mo West a run for their money this year. Credit due…credit given!! :(

Morristown West will beat South or Tennessee High by 3 touchdowns on their worst night. Maryville will beat Morristown West by 4 touchdowns on their worst night. Thats how week at football we are up here. And yes, DB will get beat in the playoffs to. Theres just not enough talent up here to prepare any of us for the teams out of Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Middle Tennessee.