CROCKETT AT RIPLEY

TIGER NATION

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the Cavalier offensive line has blocked ppl this size before. Dispite being undersize technique will always win. I was a Offensive Tackle last year and i blocked ppl bigger and better than me trust me when i say that this o-line will find a way to block these big hosses on ripley. I truly believe we have the best offensive line coach in west tennessee on any high school level. I do believe that we will run on them and run well. We have a back with a 220 lb frame and he has carried the load thus far and he will continue to do so because his o-line will make the necessary blocks to give him his holes to hit. We have speed and we have a well improved QB in Massey.......he has done an excellent job this year with the offense. Like i have said the tigers havent faced an offense this powerful yet. This will be the true test for the tigers.........lets see how they take it.

I also think depth could play a factor. We have been able to outlast everybody but dyersburg and pull away at the end. I know ripley is gonna be in shape but so will the maroon and gray. By the way, I know marquez jackson is one of the BIG guys up front and the prime time tight end is banarvon taylor, but who are some of the other top-tier guys and who's getting recruited from the purple tigers this year??? Just wondering who to watch for come friday so i can get my fan knowledge up to date.

I also think depth could play a factor. We have been able to outlast everybody but dyersburg and pull away at the end. I know ripley is gonna be in shape but so will the maroon and gray. By the way, I know marquez jackson is one of the BIG guys up front and the prime time tight end is banarvon taylor, but who are some of the other top-tier guys and who's getting recruited from the purple tigers this year??? Just wondering who to watch for come friday so i can get my fan knowledge up to date.

JUSTINE McELRATH #75 MR.MASSEY WILL MEET HIM FRIDAY NIGHT.YOU WILL ALSO SEE HIM AT FULLBACK ON SHORT YARDAGE PLAYS.GOOD LUCK CAVS&TIGERS

CROCKETT 78 I SEE THAT YALL HAVE PLAYED ALL THE POWERHOUSES SO FAR OAKHAVEN,BOLIVER,OBION,LETS FACE IT EVEN MILAN IS NOT IN YOUR LEAUGE THIS YEAR,LOOKS LIKE C.C OR RIPLEY HAS NOT PLAYED ANYONE OTHER THAN DYERSBURG IN THERE LEAGUE SO FAR.I THINK CROCKETT AND RIPLEY BOTH HAVE GOOD PROGRAMS AND WILL BE A GOOD GAME.JUST HOPE NOBODY GETS HURT.BECAUSE YOU BOTH STILL HAVE TO PLAY COVINGTON AND LATELY NITHER OF YOU HAVE HAD MUCH LUCK AT THAT.SEE YA FRIDAY.

I don't have a dog in this fight but I feel the need to point something out..........

capslock.jpg

Edited by Pantherbert

JUSTINE McELRATH #75 MR.MASSEY WILL MEET HIM FRIDAY NIGHT.YOU WILL ALSO SEE HIM AT FULLBACK ON SHORT YARDAGE PLAYS.GOOD LUCK CAVS&TIGERS

Nope nope ..........mr massey will not meet him because masseys gonna be handing the ball off to Perry and the Johnson twins and they are gonna zoom(johnson twins)and bulldoze(Perry) right by #75 and anyone else that gets in the way.

Edited by crockett78

Nope nope ..........mr massey will not meet him because masseys gonna be handing the ball off to Perry and the Johnson twins and they are gonna zoom(johnson twins)and bulldoze(Perry) right by #75 and anyone else that gets in the way.

If you've seen McElrath play, you would know there isn't a runningback in the region that can bulldoze him. I'm lookin forward to a good one Friday night.

Banarvon Taylor (33) . DE and TE, is the best defensive player in 7 3A, probably a bit better than Watkins of Haywood. He is their top college prospect. McElrath (#75 is an excellent defensive tackle, and the big Jackson kid (73) in the middle is considerably above average. The front 7 have good size and excellent mobility. They are the best defensive team and the hardest-hitting defense Dyersburg has played against. They are definitely not as smooth or polished as Crockett County on offense. I do not expect a lot of scoring by either team.

#33 Taylor is a hoss. Against Dyersburg it seemed as though he was in on every tackle or at least disrupting the play.

I believe that Ripley has the best chance in this region to upset Crockett. That is based on the strong defense that Ripley has. They should be able to match up well and keep the score down in turn allowing themselves to stay in the game.

Those of you doubting Ripleys defensive strength need to realize that they did exactly what they were supposed to do against the out of region games. If it were not for Dyersburgs strong special teams play setting up scores against the Tigers the trojans would have ended up on the losing end in that game.

Anyway it should be a great game this friday and I can't wait to hear how it plays out.