rankin vs. aydelott

fearthespear08

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, he got the red licked off his sucker!

What is your beef and be careful for what you ask for, you might get it.

He coached 4 of my son's best friends in 99....all starters. Ask HIm how he treated those seniors when they lost first round of the playoffs......then you will know why.

My son got the ring at Oakland in 98 and went to the semis in 99....so don't even go there . It is all about how he mistreats kids.

Edited by 2priceless

He coached 4 of my son's best friends in 99....all starters. Ask HIm how he treated those seniors when they lost first round of the playoffs......then you will know why.

My son got the ring at Oakland in 98 and went to the semis in 99....so don't even go there . It is all about how he mistreats kids.

Mistreats huh???

Ever watch the show on MTV that profiles Hoover High School, the 1# national High school team? That coach is brutle, hard core. His "actions" could be considered as "mistreating", BUT the players and the parents know what it takes to win. So, don't confuse "mistreating" for coaching!

Ever been in the military? :thumb:

-BlountCountySportsFan

are you talking about when rankin locked them out in the locker room?

and about the hoover thing, my grandparents live in hoover and they know alot of the parents that their sons play for hoover. she says that all of the parents don't like his attitude at all but his the best at what he does so that don't complain

More to it than that. I know about hard core coaches....my son played for Rick Butler and Marty Euverard. Nothing wrong with discipline. I encourage it in fact. It is a VERY good thing. Difference is that Rankin didn't do too much of it there. At least with the Stars.

There was much more to what he did than locking them out of the locker room and throwing all their belongings on the grass and breaking a player's eyeglasses . Then there is how he treated some of his assts that worked their butts off for that program so Rankin could enjoy his familiy time.

Like I said......I would take Coach A any day over rankin.

More to it than that. I know about hard core coaches....my son played for Rick Butler and Marty Euverard. Nothing wrong with discipline. I encourage it in fact. It is a VERY good thing. Difference is that Rankin didn't do too much of it there. At least with the Stars.

There was much more to what he did than locking them out of the locker room and throwing all their belongings on the grass and breaking a player's eyeglasses . Then there is how he treated some of his assts that worked their butts off for that program so Rankin could enjoy his familiy time.

Like I said......I would take Coach A any day over rankin.

i love coach a.... he's a great man.

but tell me about this whole rankin thing i never heard the whole story

I will finish by saying that Coach A wins with class and the respect of the majority of his players. He has won over most of them and seems to realize they want and need discipline.They are believing in his system. I think you will see these players coached by A being able to complete 4 yrs of college ball w/o antics or any major crimes. I am finished with this topic as most know where I stand on the Rankin wars.

I don't think he has the respect of most of his players. He didnt at Hillsboro. They were tired of being used by him and are finally getting to play true ball. Coach A has antics of his own that are shameful to the sport of football. Class and respect? If he's got it now (which I dont think he do) its only because yall dont know how bad he is yet.

I don't think he has the respect of most of his players. He didnt at Hillsboro. They were tired of being used by him and are finally getting to play true ball. Coach A has antics of his own that are shameful to the sport of football. Class and respect? If he's got it now (which I dont think he do) its only because yall dont know how bad he is yet.

yea he uses us.... to beat teams...he's a great man, he's earned respect, get off the man. your sad your not a warrior

Mistreats huh???

Ever watch the show on MTV that profiles Hoover High School, the 1# national High school team? That coach is brutle, hard core. His "actions" could be considered as "mistreating", BUT the players and the parents know what it takes to win. So, don't confuse "mistreating" for coaching!

Ever been in the military? :rolleyes:

-BlountCountySportsFan

BlountCountySportsFan this is not directed at your post in general.

Good points but, Hoover is only #1 in one poll, the Sports Illustrated one and that is about it as far as I know, I could be wrong there but let's not confuse MTV with reality. Most intelligent people IMO don't watch that type of garbage like MTV airs anyway. The shows and movies like Friday night lights and remember the Titians’ was "Creative artist liberty" in truth and did not happen the way they were portrayed.

There is a thick line between miss-treatment and real effective coaching. The military on the other hand has also evolved. If a coach berets, hits and or demoralizes his players he needs to be fired. It does not take mal-treatment to win football games.

I don’t personally know Coach Rankin and he is in his first year at Alcoa. If he is bad news the Blount County football family will know about it. I would not however use this great forum to slander any coach. I think it is ok to dislike a coach if you have a personal experience with him, but don’t slander him in public.