Carter County Predictions (Week 6)

WoW, it is already week six, and the confrence and state playoff picture is starting to unfold before our very own eyes.

Hampton (4-1) @ Grace Christian (2-4): The Dogs are hot and firing on all cylinders right now and something tells me Adam Townsend will get well over the mear 81 yards he needs to break the 1000 rushing yard mark this season.

My Pick> Hampton 56 - Grace Christian 13

Cosby (6-0) @ Unaka (3-2): Cosby is on a roll and I just don't see the Rangers pulling it out. My Pick> Cosby 42 - Unaka 7

Unicoi (1-4) @ Elizabethton (1-4): I know this, Betsy has alot of talent, there is just something blocking them from having a winning season. Close game here.

My Pick>Unicoi 27 - Betsy 35

Prince Avenue, SC @ Cloudland (2-3): The Landers are fired up about Fridays win. But I do not know anything about the South Carolina school, other than they have only about 100 kids in the whole school.

My Pick> I think that cloudland win will. but being that I have no info, that all I'm saying.

Happy Valley (1-4) - Cumberland Gap (1-4): A toss up.

My Pick> H-V 28 - C-Gap 21

GOOD LUCK- To all Carter County teams!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want everyone to know that I may take the liberty to come back here and change my picks at a later date.

Hampton @ Grace Christain: Only a fool would think Grace has a chance in this game, but here in about 4 years, Grace may be in Hampton's place and everyone picking them to win games by 40+.... Grace is alot better than they were last year. Running game has improved, and deffense is ALOT better... Still won't stop the Bulldogs though.... Hampton-47 Grace-17

Unicoi @ Elizabethton: Elizabethton is under achieving, but not this bad. Unicoi is better, but I still don't think they can win this game. Big Dawg was saying Elizabethton has talent but there is just something holding them back, well from what I hear, that something may be the coach. I've heard grumbleing from the Elizabethton faithful about Pless the past few weeks. Like I've said before, Pless is a great guy, but he won't be there next year. Back to the game... This will be a confidence booster for Elizabethton. Elizabethton-28 Unicoi County- 14

Happy Valley @ Cumberland Gap: I know that Happy Valley is bad. And I know that compared to last year, CG is AWFUL. They got shut out in their seoson opener 46-0, and thats the only score I know... Happy Valley-34 Cumberland Gap-22

Prince Avenue S.C. @ Cloudland: No offense to Cloudland, but I don't think they knew what they were gettin into when they schedualed this game... Big Dawg says he wants some info on this team, well he you go: They play in some national leauge called the NACA. Here is an excert from their web-site... "Prince Avenue carried on their winning tradition by defeating a talented Florida Christian Institute team, 14-6. This was their fourth consecutive football title dating back to the 2002 Division III 8-Man. In 2003 they moved up and won the Division II 8-Man. In 2004 they won the Division I 8-Man tournament"... If they can win national title in 8 man, that means they are very quick, very fast, and very smart. I personly think they will run circles aound Cloudland... Prince Avanue Prep-58 Cloudland-20

Cosby @ Unaka: I'll give ya'll a run down here in a day or two... I will go ahaed and say I think this game will be a deffensive stuggle.

OK. Here ya'll go...

Cosby @ Unaka: Cosby rolls into Stoney Creek undefeted and with (I believe) a number 6 AP ranking. They are over rated. They ARE NOT the 6th best 1A team in the state. They aren't even anywhere close to being in the top 10. With that being said, they're still ptetty good. They have a high powered offense. Good QB and reciever corps, which I think could do at least some damage on any 1A defense. But you need a decent running game to open the pass up, and they've yet to play a deffense to really test their run. Thats where I think Unaka has the advantage in this game... Unaka has a good deffense, but their offense has been iffy as of late. Last game, they changed their main offensive set from the I to the spread, and caught some flak from a few people(including me). But what ever set they decide to play out of, be it the pro style-I, the new spread formation, or Heaven forbid, the Cobby Ensor wing-T, they need to hammer it in during practice this week. If they do that, no matter what formation they play out of, with a coach like Donald Ensor, they'll be able to get the offense working Friday night... I personaly look for a deffensive game with mentle mistakes, penalties, and turnovers decieding the game...... Unaka-23 Cosby-15

Edited by Rangerbook06

Prince Avenue has one of the top 25 Prep School hoops squads in the Country, I do know that. And most of their standout basketball players, four of which are D I, play on the football team. My only question is this: with around 50 kids from seventh grade through 12th grade... are they expecting to play 8-Man on the Roan or is this going to be an 11-man game?

They may show up expecting to play 8-Man. Who knows?

I do know that there is a 7-foot, 260-pound monster that attends school there and plays basketball. I heard that he also plays football, but I cannot confirm that.

It could be ugly for Prince Avenue, or it could be ugly for Cloudland.

Prince Avenue has one of the top 25 Prep School hoops squads in the Country, I do know that. And most of their standout basketball players, four of which are D I, play on the football team. My only question is this: with around 50 kids from seventh grade through 12th grade... are they expecting to play 8-Man on the Roan or is this going to be an 11-man game?

I do know that there is a 7-foot, 260-pound monster that attends school there and plays basketball. I heard that he also plays football, but I cannot confirm that.

I think they will play 11 man. They did last year... I just hope for Cloudlands sake that they don't play 8 man. Cause in 8 man all you have is a center and two gaurds... That takes Cloudlands only andvantage awy: Their size... The 8 man game is VERY fast paced and high scoreing... But like I said, I think they will play 11 man.

I have also read up on this team. You know, I really don't know what Coach Keith was thinking when he scheduled this Prince Avenue into the schedule this year. It has some people around here less than happy. :thumb:

Oh well, I just hope no one gets bad hurt. THis is not going to a good thing for Cloudland moral, which is not too good right now anyway.

I've had time to ponder about this, so here it goes...

Cosby @ Unaka: Cosby rolls into Stoney Creek undefeted and with (I believe) a number 6 AP ranking. They are over rated. They ARE NOT the 6th best 1A team in the state. They aren't even anywhere close to being in the top 10. With that being said, they're still ptetty good. They have a high powered offense. Good QB and reciever corps, which I think could do at least some damage on any 1A defense. But you need a decent running game to open the pass up, and they've yet to play a deffense to really test their run. Thats where I think Unaka has the advantage in this game... Unaka has a good deffense, but their offense has been iffy as of late. Last game, they changed their main offensive set from the I to the spread, and caught some flak from a few people(including me). But what ever set they decide to play out of, be it the pro style-I, the new spread formation, or Heaven forbid, the Cobby Ensor wing-T, they need to hammer it in during practice this week. If they do that, no matter what formation they play out of, with a coach like Donald Ensor, they'll be able to get the offense working Friday night... I personaly look for a deffensive game with mentle mistakes, penalties, and turnovers decieding the game...... Unaka-23 Cosby-15

But what ever set they decide to play out of, be it the pro style-I, the new spread formation, or Heaven forbid, the Cobby Ensor wing-T, they need to hammer it in during practice this week. If they do that, no matter what formation they play out of, with a coach like Donald Ensor, they'll be able to get the offense working Friday night... I personaly look for a deffensive game with mentle mistakes, penalties, and turnovers decieding the game...... Unaka-23 Cosby-15

I agree with the second part about a defensive minded game with turnovers and field position being big factors.. but I disagree that our formation and scheme dont.. if we run the spread i dont like our chances, the I or the wing, and it will be a good game, the run/pass ratio needs to be around 50% leaning more to the run.. I think picking good spots to pass and the pass is okay, throwing too much will lead to a short field for cosby..

I agree with the second part about a defensive minded game with turnovers and field position being big factors.. but I disagree that our formation and scheme dont.. if we run the spread i dont like our chances, the I or the wing, and it will be a good game, the run/pass ratio needs to be around 50% leaning more to the run.. I think picking good spots to pass and the pass is okay, throwing too much will lead to a short field for cosby..

Yeah, I agree with you somewhat. The run/pass ratio should be alittle more even. And I think it will this week, cause I honestly don't think Cosby will be as good against the run as Hampton... They CAN do good out of the spread. It wil take alot of focus though, but I believe they can do it. Everyone on here knows how I feel about the spread right now, but you gotta admit, it was starting to click at the end of the 2nd quarter agaisnt Hampton. I think they can have even better sucsess against Cosby with it, IF the focus and exacute and finish their drives.

If I thought for one second that Unaka was going to throw it every down like they tried to do against Hampton, I wouldn't give them a chance. At some point ,you have to run the football. The spread is fine, but you have to run some out of it. Once you get inside the 20 ,the field gets cramped andthe area in whitch to throw the ball gets smaller.Even if Unaka runs 30 percent of the time,they could be effective.The biggest key in throwing the ball is,running good routes and pertection.