Carter County Predictions (Week 6)

If I thought for one second that Unaka was going to throw it every down like they tried to do against Hampton, I wouldn't give them a chance. At some point ,you have to run the football. The spread is fine, but you have to run some out of it. Once you get inside the 20 ,the field gets cramped andthe area in whitch to throw the ball gets smaller.Even if Unaka runs 30 percent of the time,they could be effective.The biggest key in throwing the ball is,running good routes and pertection.

Yeah, but the pretection part is easier said than done against Hamptons front line though.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampton 49

Grace 6

But as someone else said we all better beatem good now cause with a coach like satterfield at a private school with money to burn they will only get better.

Cloudland and prince ave. Hope the Landers win !! I couldn't even begin to gues on that one.

Cosby 35

Unaka 16

I'm extremely biased on that one :lol: but I do think it will be worth the price of admission for fans of both teams should be a great game.

If I thought for one second that Unaka was going to throw it every down like they tried to do against Hampton, I wouldn't give them a chance. At some point ,you have to run the football. The spread is fine, but you have to run some out of it. Once you get inside the 20 ,the field gets cramped andthe area in whitch to throw the ball gets smaller.Even if Unaka runs 30 percent of the time,they could be effective.The biggest key in throwing the ball is,running good routes and pertection.

HEY PUJO, OFF THE SUBJECT BUT HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT LOGAN IS HE OK HEARD A COUPLE PEOPLE SAY HE IS HURT...

HEY PUJO, OFF THE SUBJECT BUT HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT LOGAN IS HE OK HEARD A COUPLE PEOPLE SAY HE IS HURT...

Didn't play the other night. I heard they were going to run some tests. Hopefully,he'll be fine. He's battled all year with that shoulder,may have to get it fixed. Good luck Logan.

-

Hampton-38

Grace Christian-12

Townsend goes over 1,000 for the season this game he only needs like 80 some odd yds i believe , the jv gets alot of playing time. Should see alot of passing. Lyons could have 3 td's again, he has looked really good here lately.

-

Cosby-22

Unaka-13

Unaka will hang close and the game will be closer than what the score will show. The whole dang creek will be there, better get there early. It will be crazy if they win, and it could happen, or Cosby might kick a fg while they are up 2 or 3 td's who knows?

-

Elizabethton-38

Unicoi-26

Unicoi is improved, but not enough. I dont think they will get killed too bad

-

Gatlinburg Pitman-42

Happy Valley-6

This might be the worst that i ever remember seeing a Happy Valley team.

-

I have no idea who Cloudland is playing but they are probably going to loose.

-

Hampton-38

Grace Christian-12

Townsend goes over 1,000 for the season this game he only needs like 80 some odd yds i believe , the jv gets alot of playing time. Should see alot of passing. Lyons could have 3 td's again, he has looked really good here lately.

-

Cosby-22

Unaka-13

Unaka will hang close and the game will be closer than what the score will show. The whole dang creek will be there, better get there early. It will be crazy if they win, and it could happen, or Cosby might kick a fg while they are up 2 or 3 td's who knows?

-

Elizabethton-38

Unicoi-26

Happy Valley played GP a week ago, lost by a td. Play Cumberland Gap this week. Region 1 2a is weak this year. I'd hate to be the 4 seed who gets to play Alcoa.

-

Gatlinburg Pitman-42

Happy Valley-6

-

-

Hampton-38

Grace Christian-12

-

Cosby-22

Unaka-13

-

Elizabethton-38

Unicoi-26

-

Gatlinburg Pitman-42

Happy Valley-6

-

For one, on the Hampton game v/s "the private school" as J.C. calls it. The old coach isn't gonna be as nice to Grace Christian as he was to his good friend Coach Berry Carter's team in West Greene. I think the score might push up to the 60's this game. Remember they gotta get tuned for that "good" Cosby team.

Happy Valley plays Cumberland Gap this week. they played G-Pittman last week and did a pretty good job.

Re: UNAKA - Is Carpenter going to be able to play this week and do they get the Lewis kid back as well? Haven't heard much about Hunter Taylor this year, thought he was going to be an added plus on the offense. Inquiring minds?????

Carpenter is fine, and should play Friday. Lewis will also play.

In spite of missing the first couple games, Hunter Taylor is having an All-Star season, with four sacks in three games. Offensively, his numbers will climb as his conditioning improves.

Speaking of offense: The Spread, like any passing scheme, is an Excellent formation from which to run the ball. With four receivers, the runningbacks can be isolated for draws, screens, etc., plus Carpenter is a running threat.

Hampton occasionally runs something similar to the spread. We saw a couple nice gainers out of a one-back set against Unaka. The little flip to Townsend was very effective. The Bulldogs have tremendous personnel for such a concept. But what they're doing so far ain't all that bad.