best player in the state

adidas23

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since these are just the 1A-2A-3A boards I'll keep it at those levels :thumb:

1A: Marco Dailey (Mt. Pleasant) is my pick because without him they are a bad football team. He moved from running back, where he ran for 2,000 yards last year, to quarterback and that team just keeps on winning. They did start out 0-2 but now they are 4-2 overall (4-0 in their region) and should make another deep run into the postseason.

2A: Chris Donald (Huntingdon) is my pick because of the way he can simply dominate a game on both sides of the football. That does not mean Huntingdon is the best team in 2A this year but Donald is my pick for "Player of the Year" because of what all he does to help his team win. Need more proof???? Go to Milan and ask Jeff Morris how good Mr. Donald truly is (especially in the postseason).

3A: Dennis Rogan (Fulton) & Harrison Smith (Knoxville Catholic) are my CO-PICKS because they are just playmakers on the best two teams in 3A this year. It's just a shame that they compete in the same region. Both play running back and defensive back and both will be playing on Saturday's at "big time" D-IA schools next year at this time.

Since these are just the 1A-2A-3A boards I'll keep it at those levels :rolleyes:

1A: Marco Dailey (Mt. Pleasant) is my pick because without him they are a bad football team. He moved from running back, where he ran for 2,000 yards last year, to quarterback and that team just keeps on winning. They did start out 0-2 but now they are 4-2 overall (4-0 in their region) and should make another deep run into the postseason.

2A: Chris Donald (Huntingdon) is my pick because of the way he can simply dominate a game on both sides of the football. That does not mean Huntingdon is the best team in 2A this year but Donald is my pick for "Player of the Year" because of what all he does to help his team win. Need more proof???? Go to Milan and ask Jeff Morris how good Mr. Donald truly is (especially in the postseason).

3A: Dennis Rogan (Fulton) & Harrison Smith (Knoxville Catholic) are my CO-PICKS because they are just playmakers on the best two teams in 3A this year. It's just a shame that they compete in the same region. Both play running back and defensive back and both will be playing on Saturday's at "big time" D-IA schools next year at this time.

Glenn "BUGS " Smith all around player no matter what Defense, Offense, Returner, Punter, Kicker. And cheerleader on the sidelines.

golden tate is the most entertaining player in the state, with dennis rogan right behind him. harrison smith and chris donald are probably the best football players, but when it comes to the entire package, i am going to have to go with harrison, just because he is probably the best player both ways. he makes an impact running, receiving, making a huge hit, or in pass defense, where he can intercept and take one the distance. donald might be able to lay a lick and run through a brick wall, but i don't know if we'll ever see him make a diving catch on a forty yard bomb in the end zone. tate and rogan might be able to make eight people miss on an 80 yard touchdown run, but i doubt we'll ever see them crush a running back for a loss and force a fumble in the process. harrison can make the 80 yard run, the diving catch, the big hit, and the huge interception to seal a win. that's why he's the best. then again, it's just my opinion.

Marco Dailey from Mount Pleasant!!! Marco has already broke the career yardage for Mt.Pleasant as a junior with 4 more games this year and his senior year still left. He has about 400 more yards this year than Golden Tate. He has 19 touchdowns. Next closest is 13. He is No.1 in state for scoring and rushing. NEED I SAY MORE!

I've seen 'em both...Sorry Mt. Pleasant folks...Marco is excellent, but Golden Tate is in a class by himself. I love 1-A football & the small town atmospheres & support, but his competition is MUCH better.

It may not be a fair comparison; Marco has one more year of school & more time to develop as a player. The best actual "skill" (WR/HB/QB) player I've seen in the past few years was Patrick Turner from Goodpasture 2 years ago. He now starts at USC.