Sequatchie County @ Tyner

OVERHOLT2323

..if things are going pretty good the fans may get to see the excellent Freshmen class (all 20+ of them) in action...not going to point out any of them in particular but they 'really' get you excited about the future of the "RAMTRAIN" B)

See thats the problem with Sequatchie this season they don't have a lot of veteran players. They have 13 Freshmen & 22 Sophmores instead of getting there playing time in mop up duty or getting in on the second half of blowout losses the majority of them are having to play major minutes and a few of the freshmen are even starting. Only 7 Seniors on the team with one out injured and only four of the other six ever see major playing time also 7 Juniors one of them also out with a injury. All of them starters on one side of the ball or the other I think.

I really haven't heard any moaning about coaches, etc.. The majority of Sequatchie County fans knew going into the year that it was a rebuilding year and that we were going to be a very young team.

The Indians graduated 11 Seniors off last years team 9 of them were starters and two of them are now playing in college. A lot of teams couldn't lose the veteran leadership the players Seq. did last year most of them palying since they were freshmen and expect to continue building a team with the lack of particpation from the current Senior & Junior classes. Hopefully the Juniors that are playing this year can recruit more of there classmates out of the halls for next season.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See thats the problem with Sequatchie this season they don't have a lot of veteran players. They have 13 Freshmen & 22 Sophmores instead of getting there playing time in mop up duty or getting in on the second half of blowout losses the majority of them are having to play major minutes and a few of the freshmen are even starting. Only 7 Seniors on the team with one out injured and only four of the other six ever see major playing time also 7 Juniors one of them also out with a injury. All of them starters on one side of the ball or the other I think.

Hopefully the Juniors that are playing this year can recruit more of there classmates out of the halls for next season.

...You gotta' go with what you have...the 9th & 10th graders should be stronger and more experienced even if they are not starting...the best-case-scenario would be to have most of the classes with the same number(or close to the same #)of players but sometimes it doesn't work out like that...when the younger ones grow up(and this year looks like a 'growing-up' year)Sequatchie will be a team to be reckoned with!!!

53-0. 12-0 after 1, 39-0 at half. Tyner didn't look great early, lost 2 fumbles and had a 10 yard punt I think all in the first quarter but Seq couldn't do anything after those mistakes. Seq did a few good things on defense even with the score like that, but a tackle for loss or sack would be followed by a 20 or 30 yard gain. Seq never got anything going on offense. Lots of backups on both sides got playing time in the second half, mostly on defense for Seq. Only negative for Tyner would be penalties, especially for pass interference, around five for that penalty. Should get a better challenge against Howard, which will probably be similar in speed and beat Polk tonight. I think I read they play next week.

Edited by Indian