Sequatchie County @ Tyner

OVERHOLT2323

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freshman do grow up. When does Chattanooga Christian join the region?

I think they will join in 2008?

The question is will Sequatchie Co. move to 3A during the next classification. I think Sequatchie Co. is the largest growing county in the Chattanooga area and it seems that they will never get done with the additions to SCHS ongoing construction for I think two or three years everytime they get done they have to add on again.

Edited by Sequatchie

Seq is at 630 right now, and more large classes will be moving up. I think the 2A to 3A cutoff is about 660. The biggest problem moving up to 3A is being in a 9 or 10 team region, no room for money games against local rivals. If Polk, Meigs and Tellico decide to move back to 2A, where their enrollments actually are, the schedule would be better as far as local rivalry game.

I think they will join in 2008?

The question is will Sequatchie Co. move to 3A during the next classification. I think Sequatchie Co. is the largest growing county in the Chattanooga area and it seems that they will never get done with the additions to SCHS ongoing construction for I think two or three years everytime they get done they have to add on again.

Did you get my PM on here? It may have had too much info to send, if you didn't get it message me with your email and I'll send it that way.

What is going to happen? This is Tyner's homecoming right?

From the sound of it things are not going well down in the valley for the Indians this year. I have a relative who plays for the Indians and from what I hear, all the things that could be going wrong are. For the coaches, I hope that they get back to the simple things that make a program successful, and for the players I hope that they learn that its what happens in the off season that makes a successful season. Just being in the weight room doesn't count, you have to lift till you can't lift anymore, then lift some more. I'm sorry, but this one might get ugly.

"TO BE PREPARED IS HALF THE VICTORY"

-Miguel de Cervantes

You're right, it was to be a rebuilding year to begin with, and they've had way too many injuries/players moving/players quitting in the last 12 months or so. Some of that can be blamed on the former coach who's no longer around. Some that did well in middle school or in little league never even began playing. The program is still in good enough shape that they have close to a 50 player roster, even missing around 10. The bad thing is out of 50, not many of the ones receiving most of the playing time are juniors or seniors. On the line, only a couple are and that's where games are won or lost. They've had some good moments, just not enough of them. Against undefeated Temple, they lost by 20 but two of Temple's TD's were defensive touchdowns. Two different times Seq allowed easy interceptions near their own goalline to slip through their hands, just before Temple scored, that's giving away 14 points at least on those two possessions. Against an improved Dade team, Seq had the game tied with a 100 yard interception return for a score, but a player clipped 40 yards behind the action and Seq fumbled at around the 50 the very next play. These types of things happen with a young roster and there should be fewer of them the rest of the season and even fewer next year.

Edited by Indian