Soddy-Daisy? What Happened?

broadbat

This has nothing to do with Weathers..Soddy is just down in talent..It happens..The talent is definitely down compared to years past.The size isnt even there as much as years past..You cant jus teach kids that grow 6'4 275 like theyve had in years past..Hixson is going to be very down next year..Soddy just may go 0-10 ..I feel sorry for Matt Lettner who has been one of their studs for years..It's sad he has to go out like this

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a longtime fan of Soddy Daisy football, I feel the need to respond to come of the comments being made on this message board. While I do have some inside knowledge of the program please remember these comments are my own opinion.

In years past Soddy has had a very intense strength and conditioning program. It is my understanding there is basically nothing to speak of in place now as Coach Weathers seems to not believe in conditioning.

Soddy does have several good athletes on the team. The problem is the talent we do have is uncoached. Some are out of position and some are spending more time on the sidelines than on the field.

There is way too much change. There is no consistency and our players often look confused.

Coach Weathers may have neen a world-class coach at one time but he has definitely passed his prime. He is at the point where is doing to boys a great disservice. If he does not leave Soddy's program will suffer for years to come because many of the athletes from Loftis and Soddy Middle will go elsewhere. This is not being said in disrespect to Coach Weathers as you would never meet a nicer man. But the time comes when it is time to give it up.

That being said, some of the comments being made from certain people on this message board are totally out of line. We know that you are proud of your "Owls" and you guys have a great program over there. Just remember that these are high school kids that you are talking about and this season is hard enough on them. Your derogatory comments would be better left unsaid. Just enjoy your success and let the problems get worked out at Soddy.

Hopefully Mr. Smith will step up and do the right thing for these boys. We need a new coach, we need a strong strength and conditioning program again and we need a whole new attitude on the team. If these things happen, you WILL see a Soddy Daisy comeback!

Even though we dont run that much we are in great shape. Tom is still one of the greatest coaches ever even though the way the season is looking. The reason we are not doing so good is that we are giving up to many big plays. We have a great program and yall will see what soddy is all about in the next 5 games

This has nothing to do with Weathers..Soddy is just down in talent..It happens..The talent is definitely down compared to years past.The size isnt even there as much as years past..You cant jus teach kids that grow 6'4 275 like theyve had in years past..Hixson is going to be very down next year..Soddy just may go 0-10 ..I feel sorry for Matt Lettner who has been one of their studs for years..It's sad he has to go out like this

We have more talent than most of the teams we have played

Even though we dont run that much we are in great shape. Tom is still one of the greatest coaches ever even though the way the season is looking. The reason we are not doing so good is that we are giving up to many big plays. We have a great program and yall will see what soddy is all about in the next 5 games

We have more talent than most of the teams we have played

Practice up we'll see you in a few weeks at the Nest.

I agree that the talent level is down.