Wristbands over elbows?

cherries

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, whether you agree with the rule or not, here is the problem. During our officials meetings, our assigning officers remind us that wristbands as the rule book states must be within three inches of the base of the thumb. Now, if we ignore the rule and let the players play with them on the elbows and a supervisor is at the game, we as officials get in trouble to allowing it to happen.

So what I'm saying is that officials are in a no win situtation. I personally don't see anything wrong with it. But as one to uphold the rules, I have to force all players to comply with this rule.

The knee pad can be very important. One hit on the knee without the knee pad being worn and it could be the end of a football season. It doesn't mean that a knee pad will prevent an injury but the chances are that it will and if injury does occur, it will probably be less severe. Kind of like the seat belt issue when riding in a car. Might save your life and or prevent serious injury, then again it might not. The way I see it, a player has two choices, one to not wear proper equipment and take the chance of a penalty or injury, if the equipment could have prevented the injury or wear the proper equipment and comply with the rules. Take your choice. What do "they" say? Life is a gamble.

Whatever happened to just wearing the same uniform as your teammates. Why can't kids all look the same except for their size and number. If you want to be noticed do something on the field and quit dressing like a bunch of clowns who wear all this junk just to stand out and be separate from your team. No coach should let players wear anything other than school equipment. That is the biggest problem today is this" it is all about me mentality ". We live in a very me ,me ,me world and I am is all that is important. Football is a team game' not for individuals. The military wears a uniform for togetherness and create a sense of one. They are pretty successful, don't you think.

Edited by hardtackle

I dont see wat it hurts to wear them at all and i guess we wear them cause they look kewl :lol: but really there is not a reason why we really wear them.

i play center and i wear a large band around my wrist and it helps keep the sweat and water off of my hand so i can snap so i think they help