makes that decision.

There is more to high school than gate receipts. Tullahoma

will not move up. They can compete on a state level as

a 4A team, which is how they are classified. If they move

up, they will never have the opportunity to compete on a

state level.

Soddy would be a natural team to put in this region, but

the TSSAA appears to resist that idea.

Question for you Stan. Why did region 3 only have six teams? I understand that they were looking at geographal regions but like you said why not Soddy or another team like them.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to a couple of C.C. coaches last year at the pit when we played them at the end of the year, and they told me that even though they would probably qualify for 4A, they would stay in 5A, because they were sure that if they moved down, the TSSAA would put them in Maryville's region, and they wouldn't be any better off by doing that. That might not be the case now but, it is what they told me week 10 last year.

CC would not qualify for 4A. They have too many students and from what I here from friends in the area, their school enrollment are getting bigger each year.

CC struggles to compete in their region, they would have no chance to compete for playoff spots much less championships in any of the 4A regions in middle Tenn.

Also,there is no logical reason for the CC coaches to think that they would be placed in a Knoxville area 4A region. Even the TSSAA wouldn't do that.

CC is in the best possible scenerio for their football program. Region 3-5A.

If Cumberland Co. dropped to 4A, why would their coaches think that they would be moved to Region 3 (Knoxville)? Pretty much everyone in Region 4 (Cleveland, Rhea Co., & Walker Valley, are in Cumberland's District and add Red Bank and Chattanooga Central are Region opponents) are the schools that they compete against in every other sport. Moving them to 3-4A would make no sense.

There appears to be some misunderstanding. For the record,

the TSSAA doesn't "move" anyone up. The individual school

makes that decision.

There is more to high school than gate receipts. Tullahoma

will not move up. They can compete on a state level as

a 4A team, which is how they are classified. If they move

up, they will never have the opportunity to compete on a

state level.

Soddy would be a natural team to put in this region, but

the TSSAA appears to resist that idea.

According to the T$$AA website, there are no plans for Cumberland County to be moved. There is no note of change beside their school on the 2007-2009 Classification Changes page, and it does list Stone Memorial and says that they will be 3-A in football.