JCM-Northside

Yanker

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HC needs to beat Munford for us to have a chance to still win the region title. The YANKER thinks they will have more trouble than JCM will have with NS!!!!! JCM is NOT Humboldt my "Nomadic" friend!!!!! No whining from the YANKER no matter what...it is not in my vocabulary!!!!!!!

That didn't happen Yanker sorry, it could have gone either way for awhile but the fullback you warned them about rushed for 140 yards on 11 carries. Their #34 rushed for a bunch also but we had a bend but don't break defense that did the job. What happen in Jackson I got a shock this morning when I saw your score.

Was it just me or did JCM not lose a down on a series in the 4th quarter?

Was it just me or did Northside get credit for a long catch on one of their TD drives that was clearly never caught?

Oh well...game is over but I was just wondering those things.

It must just be you because we did not score on the long catch drive. But JCM did score on a drive where offensive pass interference should have been called, plus ther were about 3 facemasks that should have been called against JCM and wern't.

There were calls on both sides of the ball that were questionable, but they made no di9fference in the outcome of the game. Sorry folks, JCM got outplayed and that's that.

Let me take the liberty of giving you my account of the game...and yes, it is biased. I got to the field about 6:00 to watch warm-ups. NS special teams warm up first. NS finished their whole ST warm-ups before JCM ever arrived. JCM refused to use the visitors locker room. That is why you saw them on the field during halftime. Knowing it was homeconing and that halftime was going to be longer, I question this decision by the coaches. It seemed to me that JCM's warm-up drills were all about intimidating the other team ahnd little about actually warming up and playing the game. Their warm-ups were more about hollering loud and looking cocky instead of getting down to business. Coach Massey told our boys to expect this - for them not to even look at the JCM players so the JCM players would think we are scared.

Being very close to someone working the chains :thumb: I can say that the coaching staff for JCM did not question the catch or the loss of down in the 4th quarter. But yes, the officals called the Offensive pass interference play against JCM as a loss of down. But since it happened on a third down anyway, and would have declined the penalty anyway and the outcome would have change very little.

As I said earlier, NS is now a very confident, determined, and disciplined team. We can beat you with the run, the pass, or by blocking your kick on special teams. No one can afford to look past us any longer.

Was it just me or did JCM not lose a down on a series in the 4th quarter?

Was it just me or did Northside get credit for a long catch on one of their TD drives that was clearly never caught?

Oh well...game is over but I was just wondering those things.

VolGeneral you are correct. The catch by Brown was not a catch, I saw it on the replay on TV. And you are also correct, JCM did get cheated out of a down, but it would have been 3rd and 34 from their own 15 I believe. 1st down was a holding penalty that made it 1st and 20. 2nd down was the offensive pass interfence which is a loss of down which would have made it 3rd and 35 to go. You are correct on thses two instances, but what about the late hit on Hogsett that would have given Northside a first down on their second drive. The Indians had shot themselves in the foot and was faced with 3rd and 11. DJ Brown was clearly hit late on the attempt. And then there is the long catch that was clearly offensive pass interference on JCM's sideline. Another no call. It is easy for me because I watched the replay on TV but there were a number of blown calls in the game. It doesnt change the fact that Mann rushed for 175 yards and put the Indians in position to score the final two scores. The first score was somewhat of a gift thanks to JCM penalties. Crucial 3rd down face mask that gave the Indians a first when they were stopped. I feel they would have went for it, but it would have been 4th and about 5. It was a good game for the Indians and I for one am proud of them. I hope to get out to see them play again this year. Keep it up Indians!!!

Edited by The Hermit

VolGeneral you are correct. The catch by Brown was not a catch, I saw it on the replay on TV. And you are also correct, JCM did get cheated out of a down, but it would have been 3rd and 34 from their own 15 I believe. 1st down was a holding penalty that made it 1st and 20. 2nd down was the offensive pass interfence which is a loss of down which would have made it 3rd and 35 to go.

Thanks...I just wondered if I was the only one that noticed those. I`m not complaining about the officiating. Northside deserved earned their win. Yes it would have been 3rd and very long, but the Cougars have been living by the big play all year. I can`t believe the JCM coaching staff didn`t catch that. Shame on them. From what I saw that happened the Box man on the chain crew had already changed the marker to 3rd down and then when it was announced the penalty included loss of down he changed it to 4th down. The PA announcer saw it and without thinking he too announced 4th down. It would not have happened at the Rock because I work the box there and would have made sure the head linesman knew what the proper down was. I`m a Cougar fan, but I believe in a fair game. The JCM coaching staff should have been more alert to what was happening. But then again it was only me and one other person that I was sitting around that noticed it too. We couldn`t see the "non-catch" too well because it was on the far side, but I got a call right after it happened from someone at home that it was clearly a dropped ball and the replay I saw on tv clearly showed that as well. That`s a call that should not be missed.

Once again..congrats to Northside. It was a very good win for their team and has put JCM in a position of not making the playoffs.

It was a great game. I may be mistaken on some of my facts because I do not live in the JEA coverage zone and have had the priviledge of seeing the game again. I know JCM fans can gripe about a play or two...that's football. Believe me, if NS had lost there would be talk of the no call on the clear offensive interference play that led to the JCM touchdown and about the late hit by #27. As I said earlier, there were missed calls for both sides and it really equals out. NS now has the big win that they needed to regain respect that has been lost over the past few years. I think Coach Masey is doing his best coaching this year by allowing his asst. coaches to handle the offense and defense, freeing himself up to coordinate and lead the team as a whole. We have two of the best asst. coaches around and Massey is utilizing them to improve the program. We also have two great men who are volunteering their time to help coach. NS has been left with low numbers in the coaching staff in football and this improvement in the staff has helped in this turnaround. Yes, Coaches MaC and Vowel have been there for 3 years, but this is the first year thast Massey has allowed them to run the offense and defense. All of our coaches are doing a fanstastic job.

I haven't seen Brighton this year, but I know the JCM fans have? Does NS match up well against Brighton and what do we have to do to win? We play Memphis East next week in Memphis and then we have Brighton at Brighton. We haven't been at .500 in sooooo long that I hope the boys can handle it well. They are getting a taste of what winning is like. I believe that if we play them like we played JCM we will be in good shape, but then you never know. So I would like to hear from some who have seen both teams.

It was a great game. I may be mistaken on some of my facts because I do not live in the JEA coverage zone and have had the priviledge of seeing the game again. I know JCM fans can gripe about a play or two...that's football. Believe me, if NS had lost there would be talk of the no call on the clear offensive interference play that led to the JCM touchdown and about the late hit by #27. As I said earlier, there were missed calls for both sides and it really equals out. NS now has the big win that they needed to regain respect that has been lost over the past few years. I think Coach Masey is doing his best coaching this year by allowing his asst. coaches to handle the offense and defense, freeing himself up to coordinate and lead the team as a whole. We have two of the best asst. coaches around and Massey is utilizing them to improve the program. We also have two great men who are volunteering their time to help coach. NS has been left with low numbers in the coaching staff in football and this improvement in the staff has helped in this turnaround. Yes, Coaches MaC and Vowel have been there for 3 years, but this is the first year thast Massey has allowed them to run the offense and defense. All of our coaches are doing a fanstastic job.

I haven't seen Brighton this year, but I know the JCM fans have? Does NS match up well against Brighton and what do we have to do to win? We play Memphis East next week in Memphis and then we have Brighton at Brighton. We haven't been at .500 in sooooo long that I hope the boys can handle it well. They are getting a taste of what winning is like. I believe that if we play them like we played JCM we will be in good shape, but then you never know. So I would like to hear from some who have seen both teams.

It is my understanding that this is only the second year that those two coordinators have been at Northside. And last year, correct me if I am wrong, Coach Massey coordinated the defense and Coach McCauley coordinated the offense.

Edited by The Hermit