Will MBA make the playoffs?

CT7954

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to win 2 mre games to make it. Can they win 2 more with their upcoming schedule?

let me know if you think this is the all time #1 dumbest thread ever!!!!! Everybody in dII makes the playoffs. They got like 4 teams in the whole division, makin the playoffs is about as hard as finding a mercedes in the parking lot at MBA

let me know if you think this is the all time #1 dumbest thread ever!!!!! Everybody in dII makes the playoffs. They got like 4 teams in the whole division, makin the playoffs is about as hard as finding a mercedes in the parking lot at MBA

You are incorrect. There are seven or eight teams in Div II AAA and not all of them make the playoffs. So if the original post is the dumbest thread ever, where does your response rank. :huh:

You are incorrect. There are seven or eight teams in Div II AAA and not all of them make the playoffs. So if the original post is the dumbest thread ever, where does your response rank. :huh:

It apparently ranks better than yours, yu don't know how many teams it is either, and you act like having 7 or 8 teams is a lot. Look up the word sarcasm and then post when you have done all of your research.

Edited by 02wildcat.

It apparently ranks better than yours, yu don't know how many teams it is either, and you act like having 7 or 8 teams is a lot. Look up the word sarcasm and then post when you have done all of your research.

It don't matter how many teams, they all don't make the playoffs. And I believe that seven or eight is a whole lot closer than four as you stated in your original post. How many times does this have to be said. you were wrong, Junior. :huh:

Edited by fieldman

That would be eight teams. And yes, they need to win 5 games to make it to the playoffs. But are you sure that it is that much different in DI?

Looking at the rest of MBA's schedule, I'm not sure if they can make it. Ryan, BA, McCallie, and Baylor are all very talented teams and I don't think the Big Red can win two. The one thing MBA has on their side is a history of beating all of these teams, but as we have seen this year, that really doesn't matter at all. It will sure be weird if MBA is not in the playoffs given their success in the Super 8.

I believe that the last time MBA failed to reach the playoffs was 1989. Not 100% sure though.

Reconstructing MBA's playoff history, they made the '71 playoffs, losing to Covington, and then didn't make the playoffs again until '79. There were bowl appearances in '73, and I believe '80. I don't remember the '81 season, and the '82 team had a very rough year.