The Madden Jinx Lives On

Its official, the Madden Jinx still lives. Shaun Alexander graced the cover of the game for 2007, and now he's out indefinitely with a fractued foot. Being on the video game cover comes with a great price. In case you've forgotten heres the list......

2001: Running back Eddie George was on the cover after a great season. That year, he failed to rush for 1,000 yards and the Tennessee Titans were upset in the first round of the playoffs.

2002: The Minnesota Vikings’ Daunte Culpepper was on the cover after a Pro Bowl season. How’d it go? Season-ending knee surgery.

2003: It was Rams running back Marshall Faulk’s turn. After a season in which his team made it to the Super Bowl, Faulk was injured and rushed for fewer than 1,000 yards. The Rams didn’t make the playoffs.

2004: The year can’t-miss QB Michael Vick was on the cover. It wasn’t long before he broke his leg.

2005: Ravens LB Ray Lewis actually beat the curse and had 107 tackles that year.

2006: Eagles QB Donavan McNabb, well no need to go into detail there. He got injured and there was some guy on his team named T.O. that just didnt work out

2007: Shaun Alexander

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its official, the Madden Jinx still lives. Shaun Alexander graced the cover of the game for 2007, and now he's out indefinitely with a fractued foot. Being on the video game cover comes with a great price. In case you've forgotten heres the list......

2001: Running back Eddie George was on the cover after a great season. That year, he failed to rush for 1,000 yards and the Tennessee Titans were upset in the first round of the playoffs.

2002: The Minnesota Vikings’ Daunte Culpepper was on the cover after a Pro Bowl season. How’d it go? Season-ending knee surgery.

2003: It was Rams running back Marshall Faulk’s turn. After a season in which his team made it to the Super Bowl, Faulk was injured and rushed for fewer than 1,000 yards. The Rams didn’t make the playoffs.

2004: The year can’t-miss QB Michael Vick was on the cover. It wasn’t long before he broke his leg.

2005: Ravens LB Ray Lewis actually beat the curse and had 107 tackles that year.

2006: Eagles QB Donavan McNabb, well no need to go into detail there. He got injured and there was some guy on his team named T.O. that just didnt work out

I was fixing to start thread about this, but you beat me too it.....

Guest dare_2_dream

So does that make the Madden curse live on? Didnt it stop there then?

Actually Ray Lewis broke his wrist in the final game of the season and the Ravens didn't make the playoffs. So I don't think he beat it.

Madden 2005 featured Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens. He had an injury that kept him out of the last game of the regular season. It was also Lewis' first season without a single interception, after posting a career-high 6 the previous year. The Baltimore Ravens also failed to make the playoffs that season (2004), after winning their division the year before. Furthermore, in Week 6 the following year, Ray Lewis' season was ended by an injury

Edited by Phoenix27

Guest dare_2_dream

But did it restart with McNabb and then on to Alexander. McNabb might have had the curse of T.O.

Yeah it did restart with McNabb. There also is another cover available in certain cities from what I hear and well neither of them have been injured yet (knock on wood)

Guest dare_2_dream

If you go on Wikipedia it has it on there.

anyway I didn't know that Barry Sanders was on the 2000 cover with Madden I and he retired right before the season.

Barry didnt retire because of the curse, he retired because his team was awful. I would have retired too.

Guest dare_2_dream

It was the curse man. The curse of playing for the Lions. :o

Thats much worse than the Madden Curse. Plus Ray Lewis faced prison time, any man that can beat that can beat the curse. :o

Yeah I wasnt going to bring up the courts with Ray Lewis, but like you said .. any man who can get away with murder, can get away from the madden curse.