Hooks resigns at Central

TVA

This is somewhat expected, but I am shocked at the timing. Thought it might be at year's end. Anyway, hate to see this anytime that a coach is unsuccessful. So many variables are involved in high school sports and the coach is usually the one to get all the blame. Don't know the situation at Central, some of the blame may fall on the staff, but alot of the blame for the lack of success has to fall back on players. But like I said I don't know Central's situation, just sorry for the school, current staff, and players. Good luck to Coach Searcy.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man.... its about time something happened at central. But Im not sure what they was thinkin when the appointed Sercey coach. I mean, who puts a losing girls basketball coach in charge of a losing football team. Whoever thinks he is going to turn this team around must have lost their mind. They need to get Coach Thomas back on the sidelines. He might actually make them do something in practice besides stand around in ball shorts and clap their hands to a wistle.

Sorry to hear about Mike's health problems and knowing Mike and his competitive background I know he would have stuck it out the rest of the season if he was able. Coach Hooks has been involved with football (playing or coaching ) for many many years and I'm sure this has been a tough decision. I wish him well!!

You Cougar fans need to stand behind your team through this tough time. Being a former Cougar player I know the true Cougar fans will.