Multiplier article

Bighurt

I get so tored of hearing how a multiplier works or doesn't work.

1- There are 2 division. 1 for public schools who can't fill a stadium if they tried except for a few. and 1 for Private schools, who play in DI because they do not want to face tough competition (Goodpasture,Knox Catholic, CPA, David Lipscomb, Notre Dame) just to name a few. If every Private school in TN played in DII it would be one heck of a ride. Financially it would not require much travel. Then you add some great Natural rivals.

2- They keep saying it is because of money. Well If everyone played DII that is a private school it would not be a problem. because travel expoenses would be down

3- People then would not hear the Public schools Cry about how unfair it is to play a Private school.

4- No matter how it is worded. Financial aid or compensation by way of a schalorship is the same. Aid is aid.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get so tored of hearing how a multiplier works or doesn't work.

1- There are 2 division. 1 for public schools who can't fill a stadium if they tried except for a few. and 1 for Private schools, who play in DI because they do not want to face tough competition (Goodpasture,Knox Catholic, CPA, David Lipscomb, Notre Dame) just to name a few. If every Private school in TN played in DII it would be one heck of a ride. Financially it would not require much travel. Then you add some great Natural rivals.

So what your saying isn't that the private schools are that good ... it is just that the public schools are that bad. :lol::lol:

2- They keep saying it is because of money. Well If everyone played DII that is a private school it would not be a problem. because travel expoenses would be down

Maybe only for the privates already in D2. Take any of the cities with private schools that play in D1 ... there travel would in fact INCREASE in every single sport. GREATLY!

Don't worry ... as soon as the US Supreme Court passes on hearing the next line of appeals by the TSSAA ... the D2 privates will be coming back to D1.

4- No matter how it is worded. Financial aid or compensation by way of a schalorship is the same. Aid is aid.

No athletes in D1 are receiving financial aid or compensation sponsored by their schools. Period.

Oops ... there are some of those D1 schools ... you may want to look up two big ones ... Maryville and Alcoa! He he! :lol:

Edited by tnsddeveloper

So what your saying isn't that the private schools are that good ... it is just that the public schools are that bad. :lol::lol:

Maybe only for the privates already in D2. Take any of the cities with private schools that play in D1 ... there travel would in fact INCREASE in every single sport. GREATLY!
Fact is, when I pulled up all the Private schools in DI. There would be less travel for all schools involoved. Size Large and small.
Don't worry ... as soon as the US Supreme Court passes on hearing the next line of appeals by the TSSAA ... the D2 privates will be coming back to D1.
That could be true. But as for right now. we have 2 divisions and you can thank the public schools for that. But, It was started because the public schools thought there was an unfair advantage. I do not see an advantage. I see it as the coaches work hard with the kids and take more time to work with the kids.
No athletes in D1 are receiving financial aid or compensation sponsored by their schools. Period.
Ahhh, you are worng. Lipscomb, Goodpasture, Notre Dame and many more offer financial aid. They do not offer scholorships. That ios the difference.

Oops ... there are some of those D1 schools ... you may want to look up two big ones ... Maryville and Alcoa! He he! :D

Fact is, when I pulled up all the Private schools in DI. There would be less travel for all schools involoved. Size Large and small.

WRONG! Take USJ. There are only a few private teams around them. They would have to travel great lengths for region and non-region games in football. Unless they want to play the same 5 teams over and over in other sports ... there travel will be GREATLY increased. That includes all the other D1 privates you want to move. Bad idea for them.

Ahhh, you are worng. Lipscomb, Goodpasture, Notre Dame and many more offer financial aid. They do not offer scholorships. That ios the difference.

The students at those schools that receive financial aid are completely unable to participate in athletics. There are financial aid kids at all privates actually. So your gripe is?????

WRONG! Take USJ. There are only a few private teams around them. They would have to travel great lengths for region and non-region games in football. Unless they want to play the same 5 teams over and over in other sports ... there travel will be GREATLY increased. That includes all the other D1 privates you want to move. Bad idea for them.

The students at those schools that receive financial aid are completely unable to participate in athletics. There are financial aid kids at all privates actually. So your gripe is?????

In statement 1 It would be less travel for them Because as it is right now. They have to travel to playMartin (43 Miles). Dyer (23 Miles), Dresden (41 miles) Just to name a few. When they would be playing Trinity Christian in Jackson,Fayette Academy in Somerville and Jackson Christian which is across town from them. Now they will have to go to Memphis for a few game or Nashville for a few. But it is still less on them then what they are doing presently.

In Statement 2, You are wrong again. They are playing. I know for a fact that 4 players at Lipscomb are on finacial aid and playing sports with 2 others. Last I heard in Football you could only have 2 on FA and be able to play.

In statement 1 It would be less travel for them Because as it is right now. They have to travel to playMartin (43 Miles). Dyer (23 Miles), Dresden (41 miles) Just to name a few. When they would be playing Trinity Christian in Jackson,Fayette Academy in Somerville and Jackson Christian which is across town from them. Now they will have to go to Memphis for a few game or Nashville for a few. But it is still less on them then what they are doing presently.

So misinformed it is ridiculous to even continue to argue it.

In Statement 2, You are wrong again. They are playing. I know for a fact that 4 players at Lipscomb are on finacial aid and playing sports with 2 others. Last I heard in Football you could only have 2 on FA and be able to play.

And again ... WRONG. The OLD rule allowed FA students at privates to participate in sports ... like the 2 for football rule you quoted. In the current D1 structure, they can't have ANY. ZIP. NONE. NADA.

Comprende? I doubt it. :thumb:

That could be true. But as for right now. we have 2 divisions and you can thank the public schools for that. But, It was started because the public schools thought there was an unfair advantage. I do not see an advantage. I see it as the coaches work hard with the kids and take more time to work with the kids. Ahhh, you are worng. Lipscomb, Goodpasture, Notre Dame and many more offer financial aid. They do not offer scholorships. That ios the difference.

Oops ... there are some of those D1 schools ... you may want to look up two big ones ... Maryville and Alcoa! He he! :thumb:

M,

You are mistaken if you think that any of the privates you mentioned offer financial aid to athletes...those students who recieve financial aid CAN'T play varsity because DI schools aren't allowed to play students on financial aid. So you see it is you who are wrong...no athletes for DI privates are on financial aid.

Further, the implication that the DI privates don't want to go DII because they are afraid to play tough competition is bogus. Take a look at Boyd's or CPA's schedule this year...or any year for the past 7 or 8. It doesn't get tougher.

Finally, I don't think I would make the competition argument from the public side...it wasn't the privates who instituted DII to get some of the competition out of the way, and it wasn't the privates who instituted the multiplier either.

Let me try to say it another way. If a DI school plays ANY student on financial aid in a varsity event they are in violation and the TSSAA will forfiet the event, fine the school, and take whatever other actions they see fit...EVEN IF THE STUDENT WAS PLAYED BY MISTAKE. Believe me, I know...and now so do you. DLHS definitely does NOT have 4 players (or any) on financial aid...your facts are wrong.

Let me try to say it another way. If a DI school plays ANY student on financial aid in a varsity event they are in violation and the TSSAA will forfiet the event, fine the school, and take whatever other actions they see fit...EVEN IF THE STUDENT WAS PLAYED BY MISTAKE. Believe me, I know...and now so do you. DLHS definitely does NOT have 4 players (or any) on financial aid...your facts are wrong.

Is financial aid/scholarship given by family or student?

Is financial aid/scholarship given by family or student?

My2cents,

Then why when I went for a friend to recive information for his 4 boys that he is transfering into town from Charlotte, NC and wanted to put his kids in a Church of Christ/ Christian school. ALl 4 are excellent athletes. Sent him the forms and the Person I spoke to offered me Finacial aid forms for my friend with the packet. I know to many people that send kids to private schools and I speak to the often. When in a group it came up about the Public/ private debate and he said his kids that are on the football team recieve aid and He knew of 4 other kids that get the same. That came up at a party about 4 weeks ago.

So I know for a fact that this guy would not Lie about something like that. He did not understand why.

My2cents,

Then why when I went for a friend to recive information for his 4 boys that he is transfering into town from Charlotte, NC and wanted to put his kids in a Church of Christ/ Christian school. ALl 4 are excellent athletes. Sent him the forms and the Person I spoke to offered me Finacial aid forms for my friend with the packet. I know to many people that send kids to private schools and I speak to the often. When in a group it came up about the Public/ private debate and he said his kids that are on the football team recieve aid and He knew of 4 other kids that get the same. That came up at a party about 4 weeks ago.

So I know for a fact that this guy would not Lie about something like that. He did not understand why.

I was asking another question, I think you need to direct this to somebody else. Like baldcoach.

Edited by my2cents