Franklin vs. Brentwood?

sportschic24

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game to watch. A packed house that also included the Centennial players gearing up to play BHS, FHS & Independence. It's the kind of environment that is hard to get at a "club tournament". Noise, "trash talk", TV cameras, only thing missing was a riot. Very intense at times. Probaby too intense for a 2 man crew that blew an offsides call for the first BHS goal. Justice was served as Franklin's goal came on a rare miscue in the back. The Bowen goal was simply amazing... one of the best I've seen as a game-ender with time running out.

That said, Brentwood dominated possession and shots on goal and did a great job of controlling the midfield. Horner and Mace a scary for Franklin if they get enough touches up top.

No doubt, the 11AAA tourn. will be another "nail-biter" for the top four... sorry Ravenwood.

I would agree that Brentwood had the run of play, but you forget that Franklin had a ball bounce off of the post that I still can't figure out how it did not go in!

2 great teams, great atmosphere with players from BA, BGA, Centennial, and a couple other schools. Interesting to see result when they meet again and Franklin has different girl in goal.

I would agree that Brentwood had the run of play, but you forget that Franklin had a ball bounce off of the post that I still can't figure out how it did not go in!

2 great teams, great atmosphere with players from BA, BGA, Centennial, and a couple other schools. Interesting to see result when they meet again and Franklin has different girl in goal.

when do they meet again?

bapride Posted Today, 12:12 PM

This post makes me feel sad. For a high school coach and keeper dad to blame a player is wrong. I am a player and most players are out there playing hard and trying their best to do what their coaches have asked them to do. My coaches have taught me that there are 11 players on the field playing and that soccer is a team sport. Now both Franklin keepers will be stressed out feeling that the loss is their fault.

This post makes me feel sad. For a high school coach and keeper dad to blame a player is wrong. I am a player and most players are out there playing hard and trying their best to do what their coaches have asked them to do. My coaches have taught me that there are 11 players on the field playing and that soccer is a team sport. Now both Franklin keepers will be stressed out feeling that the loss is their fault.

What coach?

It has to go thru 10 other players before it gets to the keeper so there must have been other mistakes on the field. The bad thing for keepers and defenders, when they make a mistake it usually results in a goal.

No one player wins or loses a game. It is a team sport and even superstars need a supporting cast

Hopefully the reply in question was not an assessment of blame nor responsibility on anyone. As stated below, any goal allowed is usually a collective effort of a good portion of the team. Their only point may have been that the starting keeper for Franklin did not play because she was sick. It may not have made a difference anyway.

I was directly behind the goal and the keeper on Brentwood's second goal. It was an excellent shot toward the opposite post . The keeper had a good line. I don't think any keeper stops that shot. :lol:

Franklin’s goalie played a solid game. I stood behind the Franklin end line the entire game shooting photos and probably had a better view than anyone other than the players. Emily Bowen drove through three Franklin defenders in the box to get the winning shot off. Flash Gordon was standing and talking to me as I took pictures of the sequence. The goalie was also shielded by her own players on the final shot and Emily put it out of her reach.

To see the photos look at the last six photos on the Lady Bruin web site for the Franklin game and judge for yourself on how the goal played out. However, no one needs to be saying that the young lady in goal cost Franklin the game. http://www.ladybruinsoccer.com/ladybruins/...6_Franklin.html