Top jv teams in the mid-state?

utfootball08

Kenwood JV Finished their regular season wiht one loss against a Northeast team stacked with varsity players. Guess Northeast wanted to avenge their homecoming loss on Varsity. Regardless, the JV Knights won their first round playoff game against Sycamore 22-8. The officiating in the game was less than stellear to say the least. The Knights overcame the 17 (Sycamore plus the 6 officials) vs. 11 game and will face the Rossview JV for the area championship on Monday 23 Oct. The officials tried to give the Knight's game away by giving Sycamore 4 timeouts, 2 on a defensive series and 2 on the following offensive series, in the fourth quarter and failing to start the game clock on 2 consecutive plays with under 3 minutes left in the game.

Edited by BigShuMan

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will people realize that middle school doesn't matter?

Indy freshmen came from behind to beat Franklin as well as nearly pulling off the win against Columbia.

Sometimes there are behind the scenes things going on at middle schools...

Indy is going to be a dominant team in Williamson County for years to come.

So middle schools don't matter? I bet if you asked most high school coaches they would differ. If nothing else kids start to learn some basic fundamentals and for some middle schoolers its the first time that they have played organized sports. I know my team uses the same offense and the same defense that the high school that we feed into uses. Now their playbook is much thicker, but we run out of the same formations, we use the same terminology, we have the same packages. What high school coach wouldnt want a kid in my program for two years before coming to him? Middle schools dont matter---whatever.