Houston VS Collierville

h2odog

never seen collierville play so i don't really know.....it will be a fantastic game though....good luck to both teams

Was not at the game, but have a phone source that stated:

Houston 4 - Collierville 3

Since no body wanted to take my earlier question, albeit a late post, lets give everyone time for the next question:

Collierville VS. St. Agnes---October 3

Lots of time to consider this one and get the "weak schedule" folks back posting. Maybe someone will post Collierville's last couple of scores on Eurosports to aid us in our guessing.

never seen collierville play so i don't really know.....it will be a fantastic game though....good luck to both teams

Since no body wanted to take my earlier question, albeit a late post, lets give everyone time for the next question:

Lots of time to consider this one and get the "weak schedule" folks back posting. Maybe someone will post Collierville's last couple of scores on Eurosports to aid us in our guessing.

The Houston-Collierville match was a good and physical game. The players left it all out on the field and are commended for an exciting and entertaining game. And despite what the Houston parents think, the center ref and linesmen called a good game. A few bads calls were made against both teams, but they didn't affect the outcome. The ref allowed the girls to be physical, which is okay for the Houston parents so long as their girls are the ones being physical. Had Houston lost, their parent's excuse would have been poor officiating (normally is) and this goes back to when they were eliminated at state last year. Teams have to play above the refs calls. Wish they would quit whining.

Both teams made mistakes and Houston was able to capitalize and was the better team last night. And to note, Collierville scored Houston's third goal off a ball deflection off the post. But, this wasn't the reason Collierville lost.

As for St. Agnes, they are loaded with quality talent and will be a great challenge for Collierville. Neither team has really played a tough schedule. St. Agnes has beaten Father Ryan and BGA in the preseason and Farragut, Franklin and ECS in the regular season. The competative quality of the other teams they've beaten, and in some cases slaughtered, is questionable. Collierville has one quality win (against Oak Ridge) and tied ECS 4-4. The game against St. Agnes will no doubt help them improve their game as they head into the district tournament and hopefully regionals and state. It's not how you start, but how you finish and it's more important to peak at the right time.

As for the outcome, many would say St. Agnes has the upper hand. However, if Collierville comes with their "A" game, minimizes their mental errors, improves their defensive strategy and has a little luck, they will give St. Agnes all they can handle and more. The game is played because the better team on paper doesn't always win. A reason why Collierville is the 2005 state champions.

Poor VicFerrari...

Must be tough to be owned.

From here in middle tennessee, seems like you are the only one whining.

About St. Agnes, I've been critical of their schedule, but here is when it will help them. It won't help in the tournaments, but during the regular season, when they can pick and choose the games to get up for, they can do well vs. good teams.

Collierville is coming off their biggest game of the year. Win or lose, they were going to have a tough time getting back up for St. Agnes. St. Agnes just got a breather against something called Harding. Physically demanding game, I'm sure.

Poor VicFerrari...

About St. Agnes, I've been critical of their schedule, but here is when it will help them. It won't help in the tournaments, but during the regular season, when they can pick and choose the games to get up for, they can do well vs. good teams.

Collierville is coming off their biggest game of the year. Win or lose, they were going to have a tough time getting back up for St. Agnes. St. Agnes just got a breather against something called Harding. Physically demanding game, I'm sure.

I thought Jackson was in West Tennessee?

Poor VicFerrari...

I thought this would get the "weak schedule" put downs going. As I know you are a proponent of strong/tough soccer, drop all the weak teams (even thought SAA has to play them, as they are league games played for years) and compile the results. Playing all these games with 6-7-8-9-10 to 0 results is not getting them ready for State, but it is not as if they have a choice. If your overall conclusion is they have loaded the deck, so be it. I can only hope that they stay well and strong and play the tough teams in the future as they have so far. Remember 1-0 vs. tough = W...8-0 Vs. easy = W. Its all about W, not score. You obviously don't want to give them any credit at this point in time, and this late in the season, "me thinks you protest too much". Let's face it you are just not a fan and that's OK. Who is it you wish to see at the top? You are good at saying who's not, then who is???????????????