Marion County @ South Pittsburg

MC1170

Humble Pie says you don't have to jump the fence if the gate is wide open.

He also says Warriors never had a "loosing" season ever, maybe a losing season ever now and then. However that won't happen this year. :thumb:

Old Pirate says we seldom leave the gate cracked for the STUDS.

Old Pirate says those fence jumpers will be watching the Pirates in Boro before the strays leave JASPER only dreaming about how it could have been?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I have to chime in and this is my very first time ever. I am a avid Pirate fan. But if Marion comes to town ready to play Friday night like they showed up against Boyd, we can expect one heck of a game. It is possible for Marion to come away with the win but there are some things that has to happen: 1st the pirates aren't passing well this season so Marion will have to mainly control the speed like everyone is saying they have. This is easily done because the Pirates lack size on the offensive line. If the linebackers stay at home and play good football and your defensive ends can force the runners inside and keep the outside contained Marion is big enough and quick enough to stop the running attack. I am impressed with the quaterback's throwing ability but he needs to have patience tonight and depend on his line to block for him before getting flusterd and just throwing up for grabs. Everyone is down on Vic for keeping his starters in the game to long. Well anybody who is anybody knows this shouldnt be happening but we need to remember that everyone makes mistakes and only he and God knows why he made that decision. But when you play with fate it is sure to bight you in the bottom if you try its patience to many times.

Old Pirate says We arm chair coaches should leave the coaching to the guys who get paid to coach.

Old Pirate agrees the young players need playing time and that helps morale/spirit for practice. HOWEVER,the seniors want to play every minute they can. They will be like the majority of us,watching from the sideline soon. They have earned the playing time,its their time.

Old Pirate asks, did you play as a senior or have a son who played and played only 1/2 of the game.

Old Pirate says there are 2 sides to the playing time issue.

Old Pirate says the young kids earn their time as their dues are paid by hard work.

Old Pirate says those fence jumpers will be dreaming about how it could have been SOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Honestly, I have to chime in and this is my very first time ever. I am a avid Pirate fan. But if Marion comes to town ready to play Friday night like they showed up against Boyd, we can expect one heck of a game. It is possible for Marion to come away with the win but there are some things that has to happen: 1st the pirates aren't passing well this season so Marion will have to mainly control the speed like everyone is saying they have. This is easily done because the Pirates lack size on the offensive line. If the linebackers stay at home and play good football and your defensive ends can force the runners inside and keep the outside contained Marion is big enough and quick enough to stop the running attack. I am impressed with the quaterback's throwing ability but he needs to have patience tonight and depend on his line to block for him before getting flusterd and just throwing up for grabs. Everyone is down on Vic for keeping his starters in the game to long. Well anybody who is anybody knows this shouldnt be happening but we need to remember that everyone makes mistakes and only he and God knows why he made that decision. But when you play with fate it is sure to bight you in the bottom if you try its patience to many times.

Nice first post BABIEC, and right on the money too. Its unfortunate for the Pirate team that so many of their backers posting on here sound a little childish. I expect another hard fought football game and I STILL expect the Warriors to win. Good luck to both teams. Play with pride, respect your opponents, and show the kind of sportsmanship a game of this magnitude deserves.

Slick Rick partly agrees with nohope. Slick Rick hopes both teams show sportsmanship in this game. Slick Rick is pulling for the warriors, but the pirates have a nice team. Slick Rick says it would be nice for both teams to end up going deep into the playoffs. Slick Rick says the zonepirate WILL bow down this Friday.

knowing what to do and doing is 3 different things when u have so much speed.. 2 things win in football.. defense and speed... there is no substitute.. see spitt is smaller than alot of teams .. but has heart some teams dont.. they have poise...(boyd) game marched 75 yards down field and scored with 40 seconds or so to go... when you have so much speed your line doesnt have to man handle the defensive line at all just slow them a little while the speedster's run away... watch the game and see what i tell ya friday ..

Clearly everyone will say SP will win this game because they're undefeated and Marion just came off a horrible game against Notre Dame. People remember last year that it was practically the same scenario..SP was undefeated and that game came down to the end with Marion winning. If SP's running game is on then it will be hard for the Warriors to win this game but then again if the Warriors passing game is on then it will be hard to stop as well. The only team that both have faced this year is Boyd Buchanan and SP won by 5 and Marion won by 3. That's a comparison some people could use to how close this game will be. Just like the past 2 years of this rivalry I see it coming down to the end with something crazy happen.

Marion County (Not Jasper) - 27

South Pittsburg - 22

Edited by marion152

knowing what to do and doing is 3 different things when u have so much speed.. 2 things win in football.. defense and speed... there is no substitute.. see spitt is smaller than alot of teams .. but has heart some teams dont.. they have poise...(boyd) game marched 75 yards down field and scored with 40 seconds or so to go... when you have so much speed your line doesnt have to man handle the defensive line at all just slow them a little while the speedster's run away... watch the game and see what i tell ya friday ..

I was there for the pittsburg boyd game and I was rooting for them the whole time. I know this team is smaller in size and they have a huge heart but I also sense some underestimating what this warrior team may be capable of doing. I watched both teams play boyd and I watched Marion play Tyner. One of Marion's weakness is if the opposing team breaks one on a kickoff return or if they fall down by a couple of Touchdowns they look like they get flustered and thats a sign of a young team. I am predicting that because of this my alma mater (pirates) will probably get the win. Although, because I know the history there is only two things I would take a chance and gamble on: one will be that while everyone is betting on the pirates It wont be a high scoring game and 2nd is for some reason if Marion doesn't show up and win another game all season you better believe they will find a reason to show up Friday night because they always have. And that worries me about how serious the pirates are taking this game. I think it will be safe to say that all you seniors that feel like they deserve the most playing time ; well you should get all you want Friday night and then some. Good luck top both teams give a 110% play honest and safe!

how much garbage can won small town talk.........this is 12 pages of garbage.....there no way this is will be a blow out.......the 2 teams hate each other and it all comes down one friday night every year.....kids on both teams have been waitin on this game since they step up on the 8 and under field....so how could one team come unprepared....this is goin to be a dog fight till the end.....the zebras aint goin win or lose the game it the boys in purple and boys in black that are goin to win this game.....the records are thrown out the door if u didnt notice the past 2 years.....this is straight up a game of heart and a game of crowd support....not athletic ability...it is who wants it more...so we will find out tommorow.......WHO WANTS IT MORE.....????I aint makin no prediction.........but i tell u what the other crowd will hear my butt in the stands along with lots more of crazy MC fans .......Lets go MC WHO WANTS IS MORE???........

Edited by GARGANTUAN