Sycamore vs. Greenbrier

War Eagles

The Bobcats of Greenbrier will travel to Sycamore to take on the War Eagles in a BIG Region 4-3A game at Ralph Spangler Stadium that could make or break both of these team's season. Both teams are coming off loses as of last night. This game is Homecoming for the War Eagles, so they need to stay focused all week long because their playoff hopes could very well end Friday night. Sycamore needs to come out and get up early on Greenbrier just as they did White House last night on the first drive and continue to put up points. I will say it again, the defense for Sycamore is the key for them winning this game. The defense needs to make huge plays and stops during this game.

Sycamore 21 Greenbrier 17 :rolleyes:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Sycamore wins this one, based on having seem them both play my team, Station Camp. Sycamore looked great, but we pulled that one out barely, and Greenbrier had it's moments. Unless GB can put behind their last loss and get back to their dominating play in region play (23-1), Sycamore will win this one.

Are you guys kidding me? Sycamore is done! This was supposed to be "their year"? Yeah some year, they are not going to make the playoffs....again! They are terrible. I can only imagine how bad they are going to be next year when their one man team Austin Lohin graduates. I can't stand these guys, and I think it was funny that their idiotic coach got on their radio show and guaranteed wins and guaranteed they were going to the playoffs. What an idiot!!! However their cross county rivals the Cheatham County Cubs during a rebuilding year will be going to the playoffs it seems for the fifth year in a row. Its funny what good coaching and hard nosed players can get done. Sycamore needs to learn a valuable lesson and its called playing harder and talking less....I'm out! At least you sycamore guys can get your boats out a little sooner before it gets too cold on the river!!!

Nodoubt, something was mentioned from a direct source to me this weekend. Three ISS's in one week did NOT get the set down last Friday. Of course, two weeks of discipline in a row would have looked bad for the possibility of staying "#1". :thumb:

Goodluck to the Bobcats! Bring home the Win!

Edited by WHHS1975

I hope the boys from Sycamore have a good week of practice and get focused for their matchup with Greenbrier. Those guys worked hard in the off season to prepare physically for this season. Lets hope that the coaching staff puts together a sound game plan, and the players execute it with focus and intensity. Think back to Spring and Summer workouts and how hard you guys pushed each other, so you could leave it all out on the field on Fridays. This week is the week you prepared yourselves for..... A playoff spot is on the line, lay it all out for each other. Not the fan, not the coaches, but for the brotherhood that was forged in the off season.

bigorangefan911..... I think that Sycamore is far from terrible, or a 1 man team. They play in a solid region that is pretty competitive.

Anyway-- I wish the players from Sycamore the best against Greenbrier, it would be nice to see this year's senior group get to the playoffs.

Edited by TheDrive1984

Are you guys kidding me? Sycamore is done! This was supposed to be "their year"? Yeah some year, they are not going to make the playoffs....again! They are terrible. I can only imagine how bad they are going to be next year when their one man team Austin Lohin graduates. I can't stand these guys, and I think it was funny that their idiotic coach got on their radio show and guaranteed wins and guaranteed they were going to the playoffs. What an idiot!!! However their cross county rivals the Cheatham County Cubs during a rebuilding year will be going to the playoffs it seems for the fifth year in a row. Its funny what good coaching and hard nosed players can get done. Sycamore needs to learn a valuable lesson and its called playing harder and talking less....I'm out! At least you sycamore guys can get your boats out a little sooner before it gets too cold on the river!!!

First of all Sycamore is NOT a one man team bigorange. Halstead wasn't guaranteeing wins on the radio on the radio either. HOPEFULLY, Sycamore will make the playoffs. I believe if Cheatham played in this region too, they would be the bottom team. That's it with the arguing about Sycamore-Cheatham and lets get this thread back on topic. :thumb:

First of all Sycamore is NOT a one man team bigorange. Halstead wasn't guaranteeing wins on the radio on the radio either. HOPEFULLY, Sycamore will make the playoffs. I believe if Cheatham played in this region too, they would be the bottom team. That's it with the arguing about Sycamore-Cheatham and lets get this thread back on topic. :thumb:

I am not about to start an argument about a game that was played in week three. Sycamore beat the Cubs 30-28 and there's no "if's", "and's", or "but's" about it. Austin Lohin, when healthy, is an absolutely amazing player. I told that young man, as well as his sister, that very same thing. Sycamore still has an outside shot at getting in the playoffs but this week is it. If they lose to either Greenbrier or Macon Co. during the next two weeks then they'll be sitting at home for good after week nine (remember they have a bye in week ten). That's also something that those players and coaches without question know heading into what should be an emotional "Homecoming 2006" school week. Sycamore is my alma mater and for that reason alone I will be biased this week and hope that they get it done on Friday night against a Greenbrier bunch that will be angry after their loss last week. Greenbrier is usually tough to beat coming off of a loss and I'm sure this week will be no different. Kirk Williams and his staff will have those young men ready to go and they'll bring a monster crowd, as usual, to Pleasant View on Friday night.

As for the Region 5-3A vs Region 4-3A argument goes I will say something on this topic. Last year, 2005, 5-3A had three teams that could have very easily gotten to the 'Boro. Those teams were Creek Wood, Cheatham County, & of course Lipscomb (who did get there). Region 4-3A was good last year with Greenbrier, White House, & Pearl Cohn BUT in my honest opinion Region 5-3A was better from top-to-bottom. Marshall County, Giles County, & Page were all quality teams last year (while Region 4-3A was terrible at best after Macon & Sycamore). THERE WAS NO INSTANCE DURING THE SEASON LAST YEAR WHERE ANYONE FROM CHEATHAM COUNTY CENTRAL GRIPED & COMPLAINED ABOUT HOW THEIR REGION WAS "TOO TOUGH". This year Region 4-3A is better than 5-3A. Pearl Cohn and Station Camp could both be hosting in the semifinals for the right to play for a state title this year. White House, Greenbrier, Macon Co., & Sycamore are all quality teams. Region 5-3A really takes a big dropoff after Giles & Lipscomb. Creek Wood has looked good of late but they were still beaten by the #6 team from Region 4-3A (Sycamore). Does that automatically give Sycamore, or any other 4-3A team, the right to complain about how much tougher the region truly is?????? NO WAY!!!! Remember this is the same topic of discussion in which Harpeth fans were getting abused on just two weeks ago. In today's regions there are lots of teams that are considered to be "good" but just won't come near sniffing a state title because they play tough competition. On the other hand there are some regions out there where there might be a team that runs the table in the regular season BUT come playoff time comes they'll be gone in a hurry because they aren't used to playing "good" competition. THAT'S JUST MY OPINION ON THE SUBJECT!!!!!

I really don't know how to call this game. I think it depends on which Bobcat team shows up. Hopefully not the team we saw last week against Station Camp. I do know the young Bobcat secondary will be tested.

Some of the best high school footballs games I've seen have been between these two teams. I expect no less this week.

This is a crucial game for Greenbrier. Time to get back on track.

Good luck to both teams.

Nodoubt, something was mentioned from a direct source to me this weekend. Three ISS's in one week did NOT get the set down last Friday. Of course, two weeks of discipline in a row would have looked bad for the possibility of staying "#1". :thumb:

Goodluck to the Bobcats! Bring home the Win!

Well.... I guess it's good to know that some coaches have their priorities where they should be....... :P