Dickson County @ Independence

donathan5507

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen Dickson County this year, but have seen them many times in years past. I read somewhere that they were throwing the ball a little more this year but that they realied on good ol' smash mouth football.

Indy's D is very impressive against the run and their offense can handle runnig against one of the best D's in Franklin's.

Should be a very physical game!

Dickson will need to bring their A Game. Old stoyed team and the new boys on the block I cant wait to be there. Weather could play a part on the pass game. ;)

I agree with DC on this one. There will be a playoff atmosphere at Eagle's Stadium Friday night. 2 very good teams getting after it. I won't predict a score, but I think the Eagles win.

I've been to a couple of DII games, so I have decided to tryout a DI game. I believe this one will be the best game around. Is game time 7:30 and how early does a person need to be there to get a good seat?

Dickson will need to bring their A Game. Old stoyed team and the new boys on the block I cant wait to be there. Weather could play a part on the pass game. :lol:

I doubt the weather will hinder it since it is suppose to be dry and 80 degrees. What are you doing, praying to the wind and rain gods? ;)

I've been to a couple of DII games, so I have decided to tryout a DI game. I believe this one will be the best game around. Is game time 7:30 and how early does a person need to be there to get a good seat?

Good choice of venue...I can guarantee that the Independence fans will be there and be loud. I also am almost certain that Dickson will bring a ton of people and it's just going to be a great atmosphere. Great weather is forecast too, so that's a plus.

Kickoff at 7:30...be there at about 7-ish for a seat? Tnsparty would know better than I would. It'll be pretty crowded but probably not as crowded as the Franklin game.

Although a fan of neither DC wins.... DC out powers the Eagles up front on both sides of the ball... If DC brings the blitz at Indy that can't stand the pressure and Indy QBs hate to take a lick. If DC forces the run... Eagles have no chance in blowing those big country DC boys off the ball

This will be a reality check for DC; as for Indy, they will start to learn that there are at least three teams they have to beat each year to claim the crown- three teams that will test you for 48 minutes.

Until this "round robin" is played by everyone, the crown is still up for grabs.

No doubt the next 4 weeks will need to be played out before anyone can claim this weeks Indy / DC clash determines bragging rights in 6-5A.

Near past history - Everyone thought Franklins win over Brentwood in 2004 in overtime claimed the Region title, but low and behold when the dust settled after week 10 - Brentwood / Franklin / DC all shared the Region Crown with 1 loss. Brentwood went on to be seed 1 due to tie breakers.

Hang on for the best string of games - all with playoff implications!

Although a fan of neither DC wins.... DC out powers the Eagles up front on both sides of the ball... If DC brings the blitz at Indy that can't stand the pressure and Indy QBs hate to take a lick. If DC forces the run... Eagles have no chance in blowing those big country DC boys off the ball

Don't take our OL/DL lightly either. DC has a very good running game. This will be a good game. Could be a higher score than most think.

Game is at 7:30. I'd get there early (6-6:30). Parking will be at a premium since there will be a ton of tailgating going on. Won't be as big as Franklin but I think it will be bigger than Centennial.

Dickson will need to bring their A Game. Old stoyed team and the new boys on the block I cant wait to be there. Weather could play a part on the pass game. :ph34r:

I figured you'd have nothing to say this week, because you are playing a williamson county school so I am sure you will get plenty of media coverage

I figured you'd have nothing to say this week, because you are playing a williamson county school so I am sure you will get plenty of media coverage

Media coverage won't be a problem this week. There will be the WCS TV channel and a Franklin radio station broadcasting. Should be reps from all the papers there also. I would suspect that even the Nashville TV stations will be there for highlights. Going to be a great atmosphere Friday night.