Dickson County @ Independence

donathan5507

What a great game. Back and forth all night long. Independence came out to a strong 14-0 lead but Dickson Co. fought back with a great passing attack and very tough running. I think DC's rushing attack really worn down Indy's team as the game went along. Did anybody else see that hit Stedman Bell #5 put on that Indy reciever, that was the hardest hit I've seen all year. I give my hats off to Indy, they have a great team and are going to be tough in the playoffs. Also, the fans were awesome and they have really got great fan support out there. DC's crowd was lackluster compared to the other away games this year, I think the school being on fall break had a little to do with the smaller than usual crowd. My only complaint about Indy would be the traffic leaving the game, it took us 45 minutes to get out of there!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was talking to some Dickson parents at halftime...I told them that for whatever reason, there's only one entrance/exit to EVERYTHING at our school.

The football field

The restrooms

and of course, the School itself. So traffic leaving the games is usually awful. Sometimes you can get out of there early but this game came right down to the final play.

And that was a HUGE hit. Thanks for the compliments on the fan support...I really was dissapointed in DC...we had heard/read about the tailgate crew and were excited to see some real fans. However, I completely understand the fall break thing.

Who's to say it was an upset?

DC could be for real, but as Indy is finding out, this is a round robin at the top and you've got to play everyone before you can take the jackpot.

Whomever comes in fourth will have a tough go of it going against Gallatin.

Dude, Indy lost by 7. WITH A SOPHMORE QB. If Cordell doesnt jack the burger, this game would have been the COMPLETE other way. Period. Also, good job at the end by Nick(sophmore) to do what he did as I think this was his first or second start..ever in highschool. The kid was told Wed. he was the starter and had ONE day practice to adjust. DC's running game is legit. Just wait till the rematch with the real QB. And as for RHS, an unhappy IHS football team is not good for them.

Edited by Cubs05SC

Dude, Indy lost by 7. WITH A SOPHMORE QB. If Cordell doesnt jack the burger, this game would have been the COMPLETE other way. Period. Also, good job at the end by Nick(sophmore) to do what he did as I think this was his first or second start..ever in highschool. The kid was told Wed. he was the starter and had ONE day practice to adjust. DC's running game is legit. Just wait till the rematch with the real QB. And as for RHS, an unhappy IHS football team is not good for them.

stop making excuses indy is overated yalls whole side is overated and i hope the rhs side your talking about is ridgeway

Who's to say it was an upset?

DC could be for real, but as Indy is finding out, this is a round robin at the top and you've got to play everyone before you can take the jackpot.

Whomever comes in fourth will have a tough go of it going against Gallatin.

DC could be for real? I think DC has earned the right to be for real. It's safe to say Independence is by far my favorite williamson co. team. I wish ya'll luck the rest of the year. Franklin vs Independence will be a huge game next week. It's on Thursday right, if so I might come out there.

Oh, and about Gallatin. I believe they are easily #1 or 2 in the state, with Riverdale....but 6-5a is so tough, I don't see them winning 3 straight games in the playoffs over the best region in the state. whoever finishes fifth in region six could possibly finish 1 or 2 in any other region except maybe Region 4

I won't be complaining about the coverage DC gets tomorrow lol, man that guy really set us up for some good jokes. But seriously I'm no williamson co. hater, I'm for 6-5a all the way!

stop making excuses indy is overated yalls whole side is overated and i hope the rhs side your talking about is ridgeway

Unintelligent comments like that just take up space. He's talking about Ravenwood, who the Eagles play next week. What would Ridgeway have to do with an unhappy Independence team? Way to be.

Edited by donathan5507

Was Cordell going to shore up the Independence defense that got 34 smacked on them?

Cordell has a bit more maturity and composure throughout the game, Nick Smith played well, skiddish but when a team commits that many penalties..well, you just know things aren't going your way at all! DC is a solid team, but just to say Cordell would've picked apart this teams secondary.. When your forced to roll out because of his size the coverage rolls and it's hard to beat. Your out of your mind to say that Cordell would not of been a factor is this game. idiot.

WOULD OF COULD OF!!!!! WE COULD WHAT IF IT ALL DAY DONT BE LITTLE INDY THAT WAY THEY HAVE ALL THE HEART AND SOPHMORE QB HE LOOKED PRETTY REAL TO ME. THANKS INDY YOUR FANS AND TEAME ARE GREAT.