8-AAA

c-town'sfinest

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you guys think will come out on top in this district? who are some players to watch for?

Unlike last year with Shelyville no clear-cut favorite going into this year. I know alot of teams lost some great Srs (Twilley, Stewart, Williams, Marbel, Towery, Lowry, Etc.). Should be wide open district this year. I like T-town, FC, and CC early. Cass Barnes my pick for District MVP, but Mikey Horton and others will challenge. Shelbyville has Gross and some youngsters and Columbia usually just reloads.

I have not heard enough to make any prediction on order of finish. Anyone care to put up their pre-season rankings this early? If I had to I would go like this:

1. Tullahoma

2. FC

3. CC

4. Shelby

5. Col.

6. Lincoln County

7. Lawrence County

Not much to go on just some key players returning. I think most teams will have alot of new faces on the court this year.

Grross was off the team a couple of weeks ago...don't know if he is back on or not. Your Rebels have some decent talent, with Stovall being your best player. However, the problem will be team chemistry and coaching. Good luck!

I did not know that Stovall played BBall. I do not remember him at all on last year's team. Watched him play FBall and his is big and athletic.

does anyone know what Columbia has coming back or coming up?

I think the Lockridge Kid (DeShawn) - 6' - 3" Sr. should be a good player for them and they had some young guards, but they were all small. Without Bullick and Marble they may have a tougher time than usual. Lockridge is a good starting point and with Columbia's tradition they will have 5 starters that will get up and down the court, hustle and play tough D. I never know much about Columbia unless they have 2 Srs like last year, but always count on them to be right there due to their athletic basketball tradition and full court pressure.

Like I said earlier they usually just reload every year!

Unlike last year with Shelyville no clear-cut favorite going into this year. I know alot of teams lost some great Srs (Twilley, Stewart, Williams, Marbel, Towery, Lowry, Etc.). Should be wide open district this year. I like T-town, FC, and CC early. Cass Barnes my pick for District MVP, but Mikey Horton and others will challenge. Shelbyville has Gross and some youngsters and Columbia usually just reloads.

I have not heard enough to make any prediction on order of finish. Anyone care to put up their pre-season rankings this early? If I had to I would go like this:

1. Tullahoma

2. FC

3. CC

4. Shelby

5. Col.

6. Lincoln County

7. Lawrence County

Not much to go on just some key players returning. I think most teams will have alot of new faces on the court this year.

Picking CC to finish 3rd??????? Are you being very optomistic or something?

Maybe so, what are your picks? I have heard Gross is out at Shelbyville which really hurts a team that alredy lost a lot. CC should be a fairly good team this year in the district. Yes no Micah Williams, but they did well in the summer games and have more depth this year (basically played 7 last year). Time will tell go ahead and give your opinion on the predicted order of finish along with your players to watch, who lost the most, etc. I already said I do not know that much about Lawerence County and Lincoln County. I do know that Lincoln County lost a player that was just as important to them in Towery than any other player in the distirct and they have Smichael Black and another fairly good player (do not remember this name but very strong kid around 6'-1" or so).

GO ahead and enlighten us with your predictions please.

Haven't seen all teams in this league,but have seen a few. Here is my best guess. I'll take :

1. Shelbyville (still good guard play, better than average post play and Coach Thomas does a GREAT job.

2. Columbia (new coach who the kids like and trust, talent is good, very athletic, and tradition)

3. Tullahoma (can score, need better post play, defensive consistency)

4. Lincoln County

5. Lawrence County

6. Franklin County

7. Coffee County

Some of these are just guesses basedon years past.

Maybe so, what are your picks? I have heard Gross is out at Shelbyville which really hurts a team that alredy lost a lot. CC should be a fairly good team this year in the district. Yes no Micah Williams, but they did well in the summer games and have more depth this year (basically played 7 last year). Time will tell go ahead and give your opinion on the predicted order of finish along with your players to watch, who lost the most, etc. I already said I do not know that much about Lawerence County and Lincoln County. I do know that Lincoln County lost a player that was just as important to them in Towery than any other player in the distirct and they have Smichael Black and another fairly good player (do not remember this name but very strong kid around 6'-1" or so).

GO ahead and enlighten us with your predictions please.

1. Shelbyville

2. Columbia

The rest.....if you took an all star team from the remaining group they would finish no better than 4th in 7AAA......and you are right about KT......tough young coach who learned from a legend...Kermit Forkum...who I believe was also his grandpop...... Kevin might have been a better hs football player but he has adjusted well to hs basketball.

Wow, this district is so down from years past. The league lost a lot of talented seniors from last year, and even then, only one team was any good... Columbia used to be LOADED every year, but a steady downfall in talent culminated with Wadele Williams last year (a Final four birth)... Shelbyville will be very good again by next year, and could compete this year, but they are going to be but a shadow of what they were last year. Losing Twilley and Stewart were obviously HUGE, but losing Ragland and Johnson means that the 4 players that carried them all year in every facet of the game are gone. Ragland and Johnson were good roll players. I just can't see this team winning the district, no matter how bad this district will be this year, though Thomas does a great job and they do have the best young talent in the league. Not that I have a better answer for the winner. Though I don't know much about them, Cass Barnes alone makes Tullahoma my favorite to win this year. Columbia was bad last year, and lost their two best players. Shelbyville lost 95% of their production (and that is counting Gross coming back). Coffee county wasn't very good, and lost their best player. Lawrence Co used to be very good every year as well, during the from the Tucker Bryant, Mitch Webb, Josh Haislip days to the Mr. Basketball days of Mitchell... But they are also in a major drout right now... So I don't know---maybe Shelbyville can compete for another district title, by default??

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the district completely swept in first round of region this year, and I'm a Shelbyville fan...

Edited by gomab2