Chattanooga Area Top Ten

anspa

RK/PR

1.) 1. Ooltewah (6-0) def. Bradley Central 51-7.

Beat up on the best group of Bears in years (that is not saying much though).

2.) 2. McCallie (5-1) def. #6 Baylor 42-21.

Whooped up on an undermanned #6 Baylor School. I think Cooper made a few more believers nonetheless

3.) 3. Red Bank (6-0) def. Brainerd 77-8.

Wow.. Brainerd is not that bad, Red Bank just rocked their world early and Brainerd just let go of all focus.

4.) 4. Cleveland (6-0) def. Central 35-7.

Better get ready to keep the Lions in check because they are roaring for a quality victory.

5.) 6. McMinn Co. (3-3) upset Oak Ridge 31-30.

I knew they could do it, and they did. Their three losses come to teams with a combined record of 16-2.

6.) 5. Baylor (4-2) lost to #2 McCallie 21-42.

Still in the middle of the pack in this area with the blowout loss to their hated rivals across the river.

7.) 7. Tyner (4-2) def. Sequatchie Co. 53-0.

Still Tyner, they will win their region, but I don't think they will have a big win all year.. just not enough there.

tie. 7.) 8. Rhea County (4-2) def. Walker Valley 42-13.

In the midst of stat padding season, rolling up the numbers against the bottom feeders of 4-4A (Walker Valley, NW Central).

8.) 8. South Pittsburg (6-0) def. GBA 54-14.

They will go undefeated and most likely not move up any further, due to a horribly weak schedule. But that is 1A.

tie. 8.) 9. Hixson (5-1) def. White Co. 21-14.

Quitely building a very solid season, other than their loss to Rhea earlier.

10.) 10. Meigs Co. (6-0) def. Grundy Co. 35-0. See South Pittsburg.

tie. 10.) 10. Howard (5-1) def. Polk Co. 14-7.

Consistancy is key for these guys. Big win in Benton. Big games on the horizon.

Next: Polk County (5-1), Notre Dame (4-2)

Big Games:

Doesn't get any bigger than this one at this point for the Chattanooga area. Second largest class in the state (AAAA), #3 Red Bank at #4 Cleveland both undefeated at 6-0 (3-0).

#7 Tyner @ #10 Howard- cross town rivalry, actually pretty even this year (How low do your chain hang game); a win for Tyner would be a small redemption for their loss to Brainerd, since Brainerd lost to Howard.

Polk. Co. @ #10 Meigs Co.

Columbia @ #2 McCallie (Finley). Columbia is 6-0 in South Carolina's region 4-2A with wins over teams of a combined record of (13-23). I'm thinking McCallie shouldn't have much of a problem. I say they win by 3 touchdowns.

Edited by anspa

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RK/PR

Whooped up on an undermanned #6 Baylor School. I think Cooper made a few more believers nonetheless

Wow.. Brainerd is not that bad, Red Bank just rocked their world early and Brainerd just let go of all focus.

Better get ready to keep the Lions in check because they are roaring for a quality victory.

I knew they could do it, and they did. Their three losses come to teams with a combined record of 16-2.

Still in the middle of the pack in this area with the blowout loss to their hated rivals across the river.

Still Tyner, they will win their region, but I don't think they will have a big win all year.. just not enough there.

In the midst of stat padding season, rolling up the numbers against the bottom feeders of 4-4A (Walker Valley, NW Central).

They will go undefeated and most likely not move up any further, due to a horribly weak schedule. But that is 1A.

Big Games:

Doesn't get any bigger than this one at this point for the Chattanooga area. Second largest class in the state (AAAA), #3 Red Bank at #4 Cleveland both undefeated at 6-0 (3-0).

#7 Tyner @ #10 Howard- cross town rivalry, actually pretty even this year (How low do your chain hang game); a win for Tyner would be a small redemption for their loss to Brainerd, since Brainerd lost to Howard.

Columbia @ #2 McCallie (Finley). Columbia is 6-0 in South Carolina's region 4-2A with wins over teams of a combined record of (13-23). I'm thinking McCallie shouldn't have much of a problem. I say they win by 3 touchdowns.

I think Rhea Co. was pretty upset about the loss against mcminn and they used that discourgement vs walker valley

Great list. I might would put Red Bank at #1 and Ooltewah at #3 but time will tell. You are right that McCallie did beat an undermanned Baylor team...but I would disagree that it was a blowout. The score sure looks like it but if anyone saw the game it was not that big of a difference at all. Red Bank must have been incredible against a pretty good Brainerd team.

RK/PR

Big Games:

Great list. I might would put Red Bank at #1 and Ooltewah at #3 but time will tell. You are right that McCallie did beat an undermanned Baylor team...but I would disagree that it was a blowout. The score sure looks like it but if anyone saw the game it was not that big of a difference at all. Red Bank must have been incredible against a pretty good Brainerd team.

Might wanna watch Ooltewah play before dropping them to number 3. They have gotten better everyweek and have at least as much speed as RB and arguably more weapons with a great passing and running game. Only comparison we have is the scrimmage and I don't think RB even got a first down while the owls scored 14 on the 1st team against 1st team and 21 more with the sub. However, Caldwell didn't play in the scrimmage. I think the rankings are good ones. McCallie lost to a very good Alcoa team, Really got beat up and down the field by a good Riverdale team, and like you say the Baylor game was much closer than the score reflected. As far as the 77pts RB scored Owls could have easily hit that point in a couple of games this year but Monroe doesn't like to embarass the other teams if it can be avoided.

I certainly did not mean to disrespect a very good Ooltewah team. Maybe at this point I would put the Owls and Lions in an almost virtual tie. With McCallie next as much as I hate to say it. BJ is just awesome as is K Cooper.It is a shame that the great teams that Chattanooga has now do not play each other this year....would be alot of fun to watch. With one or two more key players Baylor would be right there. Good luck to your Owl team. It would be great for the Owls, RB Lions and Baylor and McCallie to go far in the playoffs.

Might wanna watch Ooltewah play before dropping them to number 3. They have gotten better everyweek and have at least as much speed as RB and arguably more weapons with a great passing and running game. Only comparison we have is the scrimmage and I don't think RB even got a first down while the owls scored 14 on the 1st team against 1st team and 21 more with the sub. However, Caldwell didn't play in the scrimmage. I think the rankings are good ones. McCallie lost to a very good Alcoa team, Really got beat up and down the field by a good Riverdale team, and like you say the Baylor game was much closer than the score reflected. As far as the 77pts RB scored Owls could have easily hit that point in a couple of games this year but Monroe doesn't like to embarass the other teams if it can be avoided.

They did double the score but the score was not all reflective of the game as the stats point out. But McCallie did play a great game....Baylor did too in the first half we just could not stop McCallie's big plays.

Mccallie had trouble with Baylor's offense first half but came out and shut them down the second half. Baylor could not stop Mccallie all night on offense...almost all the touches mccallie got ended with touchdowns....it isnt a blowout but mccallie still doubled their score

They did double the score but the score was not all reflective of the game as the stats point out. But McCallie did play a great game....Baylor did too in the first half we just could not stop McCallie's big plays.

Could of left Coleman in and scored a few more TD's. When you have Coleman and his receivers the stats don't necessarily reflect the game. McCallie ran 8 plays in the first half and had 3 TD's. If you just looked at the stats and didn't know the score you would assume Baylor was dominating. It was just a matter of time before the dam broke and Cooper gassed.

Could of left Coleman in and scored a few more TD's. When you have Coleman and his receivers the stats don't necessarily reflect the game. McCallie ran 8 plays in the first half and had 3 TD's. If you just looked at the stats and didn't know the score you would assume Baylor was dominating. It was just a matter of time before the dam broke and Cooper gassed.

Give me a break. If Baylor would have stuck with the game plan they had in the first half it probably would have been real close.

Give me a break. If Baylor would have stuck with the game plan they had in the first half it probably would have been real close.

Would that be the plan for Cooper to run a lot and Massey to throw some? Certainly didn't see that in the second half. Have you considered that Potter changed up the defense and Cooper gassed because he was playing both ways. Did you also notice that after McC doubled up Baylor they quit passing? I thought Potter did an excellent job keeping the score "real close"

Would that be the plan for Cooper to run a lot and Massey to throw some? Certainly didn't see that in the second half. Have you considered that Potter changed up the defense and Cooper gassed because he was playing both ways. Did you also notice that after McC doubled up Baylor they quit passing? I thought Potter did an excellent job keeping the score "real close"

I agree, they didn't do the same things they did in the first half. That is the problem. They should have stuck with Cooper running and Massey throwing. If we don't take a huge loss on that reverse in the 3rd quarter and score it probably would have been real close. I'm not saying Baylor wins it just might have been a pretty tight score. The final outcome is not true of the game.