Haywood Co at Obion Co. Central

VOREBS

They wont run away from him. We'll find out how the rest of the defense behind him stacks up. He is good, no doubt, but he will have a hard time stopping Grooms, Grady, and Calhoun or Clanton by himself. Discipline and execution are the names of the game both running the veer and defending it. OC has more of both.

OC-24

HC-13

How right you are, the Rebs are VERY disciplined, and execute the offense like clockwork. Look for a BIG Rebel win Friday night, one of the four mentioned above or all will have good rushing numbers again.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How right you are, the Rebs are VERY disciplined, and execute the offense like clockwork. Look for a BIG Rebel win Friday night, one of the four mentioned above or all will have good rushing numbers again.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But,as I have said about other teams on here....Our undisciplined play is what beat us Friday night in Covington.....Fumbles,penalties and missed assignments....OC almost has to play perfect against the upper echelon of this region and we were far from it Friday night...Had we played a disciplined game we would have beaten the Chargers....

Obion do not let Haywood's record fool you. Although they have not won a game yet they are still a good team comprised of athletes. Haywood has played three games that they could have easily won. They along with Ripley, Dyer Co., and yourselves will battle it out for ONE playoff position(pending that nothing crazy happens and Dyersburg, Crockett, or Covington go on a horrible skid). All four teams backs are to the wall .......this is gonna be good to see how this one ends........good luck to all and happy bidding on that playoff spot!

NOBODY at Obion Central,all the way from the ball-boys to the head coach are overlooking Haywood....OC can't afford to do so....

Two days and counting....For those in OC who need more football, the Rebel Bowl, Lake Rd vs Ridgemont is at Rebel Field Thursday night, should be a good one.

I say OC by two scores.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ridgemont Mustangs...2006 Obion County Junior High Champions !!!!!!

They beat Lake Road 34-20 to give the Generals their first loss....Ridgemont finishes it's season at 7-1...The only loss on the Mustangs slate was a 6-0 loss to Lake Road in the second game of the season......

VOREBS...How bout that hit by #1 on "The Gate"?

GO REBELS....BEAT HAYWOOD COUNTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The block was nice. One of the hardest hits I've seen in many, many years at the middle school level. The question is why was Ridgemont's coach calling onside kicks, running the swinging gate and hook and ladder and passes, and keeping starters in until the last minute with a 34-12 lead. Some of Ridgemont's younger kids should have played for more than 1:22. Lake Road could have put in younger kids, but why risk an injury to a small guy playing against RMs starters (who should have been off the field)?? I know RMs #s are down, but there were enough players to take out some of the starters, your son(who is a really good athlete and player) included. Ridgemont has a good team, theres no question, but the coaching staff should be ashamed.:thumb: What goes around comes around.

But,as I have said about other teams on here....Our undisciplined play is what beat us Friday night in Covington.....Fumbles,penalties and missed assignments....OC almost has to play perfect against the upper echelon of this region and we were far from it Friday night...Had we played a disciplined game we would have beaten the Chargers....

NOBODY at Obion Central,all the way from the ball-boys to the head coach are overlooking Haywood....OC can't afford to do so....

I don't think any overlooking is taking place on obion's side, although at the beginning of the year the tomcats might have counted oc as a win. Not anymore, though, as obion will be a handful for any team to contend with. If parker was still under center i'd say rebels in a romp, but as is i'll go with obion by 6 points. Good Luck!