The end for Ravenwood?

preds

sorry guys but you are both wrong maryville is the best team in the state

cal preps has Maryville as a ten point favorite over gallatin

and a almost 20 point favorite over smyrna

Did Maryville move to 5A? Unless they did, we will never know how they'd do against Riverdale, Gallatin, Smyrna, DB, and others.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no they did not but just because they are 4a don't think they aren't the best team they play a though schedule and win every game and the majority of the high school annalyst say they are the best hs football team in tennessee.

and you didn't metion DB and Riverdale at first, who i think are the two best 5a teams lets see hypothically how they would do against maryville

Maryville is a two point favorite over DB and riverdale

Edited by 5A football fan

• 1 month later...

You aren't paying attention either if you don't think BA, Brentwood, Franklin and Smyrna were a very tough first five games for anyone in the state to play. Whether DC and IHS are "hot" teams or not is irrelevant--DC has played two good teams in Brentwood and Riverdale. Indy has played one team, Franklin, and has a few more to face starting this weekend. Lots can happen over the next four weeks and I would not count anyone out, including Ravenwood. Tough schedules tend to help prepare teams to face "hot" teams.

As I said back in early-October! You are now looking at a team that has won three straight playoff games on the road and are now in the semifinals of State! Ravenwood is not embarrassed to have lost to the following playoff teams(during the regular season) BA(State Champs), Franklin(Region Champs), Dickson County and Brentwood. All terrific teams and thanks to all of them for helping to prepare Ravenwood for their playoff run.

Edited by cpk20

There is somehting about Ravenwood that is different from other teams we played. Some were more physical or maybe faster or bigger, but Ravenwood are just winners. They are tough, athletic, and fast. They have great support. They never let up at all. They are aggressive on offense and defense. Even when they were ahead of us late, they kept attacking with their passing game. They have a lot of confidence, but are not too cocky. They play hard but didn't trash talk. I think they will win it all again. Best of luck Ravenwood against White Station.

There is somehting about Ravenwood that is different from other teams we played. Some were more physical or maybe faster or bigger, but Ravenwood are just winners. They are tough, athletic, and fast. They have great support. They never let up at all. They are aggressive on offense and defense. Even when they were ahead of us late, they kept attacking with their passing game. They have a lot of confidence, but are not too cocky. They play hard but didn't trash talk. I think they will win it all again. Best of luck Ravenwood against White Station.

Yep, they had a balanced attack and great fan support. Looked like a great HS program!

Good Luck

HLHS-can u answer my question?

Why don't you have more student support in your stands? You deserve to have support from your students. :thumb:

Edited by rigger101

Yep, they had a balanced attack and great fan support. Looked like a great HS program!

Good Luck

HLHS-can u answer my question?

Why don't you have more student support in your stands? You deserve to have support from your students. :thumb:

I noticed too that Hunters Lane didn't have an awesome fan support when I went to the Hunters Lane vs Ravenwood game. Since I am a Ravenwood fan, I can't answer your question, but someone on the Hunters Lane vs Ravenwood thread did address that topic after the game:

Good game tonight guys and as far as fans for HL we cant make students come to the games and half of our school is poor and cant afford to pay 7 dollars to get into a football game. But Ravenwood yall are a good team and i wish yall the best of luck represent the mid state well. I hope that you guys win state. You guys are the real deal and i saw that tonight.