The end for Ravenwood?

preds

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 3-3, Ravenwood is far from out of the playoffs. But with a tougher 6-5A division than in the past, and with a hard schedule still to play, Ravenwood will need to play perfect football to make it in. Any chance for the defending champs?

Any chance to win it all again? Probably not. I can see them winning out and winning a playoff game or 2. They have played a pretty tough schedule so far and it's not like they are in 4A where the same team wins every year. No team that is now in 5A has ever repeated as state champion.

ravenwood has played the toughest part of their schedule and after an upset of syrmna and a landslide victory over region oppenent columbia central you think they still have no chance, true they still have independence to play and dickson county, they can only afford to lose one region game and if they do that they still might not make it into the playoffs.

Any chance to win it all again? Probably not. I can see them winning out and winning a playoff game or 2. They have played a pretty tough schedule so far and it's not like they are in 4A where the same team wins every year. No team that is now in 5A has ever repeated as state champion.

No way ravenwood is over...they beat the best team in the state remember? smyrna

No way ravenwood is over...they beat the best team in the state remember? smyrna

No, no they didn't. They beat a very good team in the state. Gallatin is the best team in the state. Ravenwood is not out by a long shot any team can play good or bad on ny given night but personaly having indy and dc left i don't see rhs beating both those teams but you never know in region6 5a good luck your gonna need it! :thumb:

No, no they didn't. They beat a very good team in the state. Gallatin is the best team in the state. Ravenwood is not out by a long shot any team can play good or bad on ny given night but personaly having indy and dc left i don't see rhs beating both those teams but you never know in region6 5a good luck your gonna need it! :ph34r:

it was a joke b/c smyrna is always talking about how good they are...but on a serious note i tihnk that they are just having a rebuilding year... i mean you don't just win atate and then fall off the map in one year

ravenwood has played the toughest part of their schedule and after an upset of syrmna and a landslide victory over region oppenent columbia central you think they still have no chance, true they still have independence to play and dickson county, they can only afford to lose one region game and if they do that they still might not make it into the playoffs.

You are not paying much attention if you think that Ravenwood has already played the toughest part their schedule. You mentioned DC and IHS, those are the two hottest teams in 6-5A this year and it will be a very steep climb for the depleted Raptors to beat both of those teams. They will beat Centennial and Northeast, but I don't think they have anything for either Independence or Dickson County. RHS 5-5 (3-4 6-5A)and they can watch the playoffs from the bleachers.

Ravenwood may have enough region wins to make the playoffs but what will hurt them the most is if they tie with Brentwood, Brentwood gets the nod because of head to head play. They will not go quietly for sure. At least one very good football team will not make the playoffs from this region.

I really, really like the coach at Ravenwood. He probably figures out a way to get the Raptors into the playoffs. I gave you guys about zero chance against BA and Smyrna and you just about won both. That is the result of a good plan and good execution.

I agree that Coach Rector is one of the better coaches in the region. He always seems to come up with a trick play at the right time. The loss to Brentwood hurt them badly. They have to end up with a better region record than them to get in. It can be done.

Brentwood and Ravenwood have the same region record at 1-2. Brentwood has Columbia, Centennial, Indy and NE. Ravenwood has Centennial, Indy, NE and Dickson. With having the tie breaker in head to head, Brentwood has the edge with the schedule. If Brentwood wins 3 of 4, Ravenwood would have to win 4 of 4. Pretty tough when they have to play both Indy and Dickson. Not saying it is impossible, but a pretty tall order. Ravenwood needs Columbia to beat Brentwood because I don't see Centennial or NE beating them.

The region definitely has a lot of football left with 5 teams going for 4 spots. 1 good team will not make it to the playoffs. Time will tell who that team is.

Edited by tnsparty

You are not paying much attention if you think that Ravenwood has already played the toughest part their schedule. You mentioned DC and IHS, those are the two hottest teams in 6-5A this year and it will be a very steep climb for the depleted Raptors to beat both of those teams. They will beat Centennial and Northeast, but I don't think they have anything for either Independence or Dickson County. RHS 5-5 (3-4 6-5A)and they can watch the playoffs from the bleachers.

You aren't paying attention either if you don't think BA, Brentwood, Franklin and Smyrna were a very tough first five games for anyone in the state to play. Whether DC and IHS are "hot" teams or not is irrelevant--DC has played two good teams in Brentwood and Riverdale. Indy has played one team, Franklin, and has a few more to face starting this weekend. Lots can happen over the next four weeks and I would not count anyone out, including Ravenwood. Tough schedules tend to help prepare teams to face "hot" teams.

No, no they didn't. They beat a very good team in the state. Gallatin is the best team in the state. Ravenwood is not out by a long shot any team can play good or bad on ny given night but personaly having indy and dc left i don't see rhs beating both those teams but you never know in region6 5a good luck your gonna need it! :thumb:

sorry guys but you are both wrong maryville is the best team in the state

cal preps has Maryville as a ten point favorite over gallatin

and a almost 20 point favorite over smyrna

Edited by 5A football fan