7AA

glover

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Upperman over the summer and them bees can sting. Someone will have to be on top of their game to beat them. They do not look like an overly impressive team at first glance. They just slowly beat the crap out of you. Before you blink, your down by 30. I do not want to play them again, although they appeared to be a classy bunch of young ladies. Good luck to all. :thumb:

Edited by jamieroper

I don't think anyone will be able to touch Upperman this year, not in this part of the state anyways. Smith County lost too many weapons from last year in Hembree and Sleeper. They will have some solid people returning, but Upperman is loaded. They can all shoot, and this year they will have the option to bring in their young center who is well over 6 feet. York will return to average without Brown, the main reason Upperman did not celebrate district and region titles last year.

Top 4:

1) Upperman

2) LA

3) Smith Co.

4) Macon Co.

Edited by smittygk00

I don't think anyone will be able to touch Upperman this year, not in this part of the state anyways. Smith County lost too many weapons from last year in Hembree and Sleeper. They will have some solid people returning, but Upperman is loaded. They can all shoot, and this year they will have the option to bring in their young center who is well over 6 feet. York will return to average without Brown, the main reason Upperman did not celebrate district and region titles last year.

Top 4:

1) Upperman

2) LA

3) Smith Co.

4) Macon Co.

I tend to agree that Upperman is the top seed in the district; however, I look for the West TN teams to dominate the state tournament.

Smith County will be good there is no doubt, if the big plays they will be better. But and a big question is how will they replace Monica and Tara that is two weapons to have to replace. People will not be as wide open as in the past because so much attention was on Mo and Tara. Upperman is the early favorite, how could they not be a team that went 11-1 in the district tourney and return everybody. Livingston will be a contender for the top spot also with the key returns that they have and with some of there freshman. Macon County could be the surprise team in this district this year with Compton and there shooters returning, Lafayette is always a tough place to play no matter who goes to that gym. York will be the one that everyone will have to wait and see how they respond losing Brandi Brown, how will the other players adjust and step up. Cannon will be rebuilding losing three starters. And Dekalb should be a little better but you never know how they will be. Should be wide open 2-5, but the 1 spot would bee the Lady Bees. With the district and region tournament at Upperman this year it gives the Bees and Lady Bees advantage this year.

Predictions:

1. Upperman - everyone returns thats enough

2. Livingston - experience early will help this team.

3. Smith County - If they can replace Monica and Tara's leadership andscoring could have a good year, if the big girl plays and pans out.

4. Macon County - Could be third if the come together, must prove they can win on the road in this district against the top teams.

5. Cannon County and York - Toss up here

7. Dekalb County - Will the streak end this year?

I agree that your post play will be strong with the freshman addition. Look for teams to pressure your guards. Good luck. I hope Smith Co. has a great season.

I believe they have had enough playing time to do well under pressure. Like I said if we can find a good ball handler we should do pretty good in this powerhouse of a district.