What has Happened to the Franklin Brentwood Rivalry?

faninthestand

Where's all the talk on this board? Where was the student sections? Where was the rivalry?

Yes there was a good crowd (numbers wise) but lacked the enthusiasm of years past.

Yes the players will tell you this past week of preparation was high - Franklin week, or Brentwood week; but on the field it seemed to lack living up to the past epic battles.

But most disappointing is the lack of talk on this site about this rivalry?

Would love to hear from some of the oldies but goodies on their thoughts from Friday Night.

Fromthetop? BigDogDaddy?

Edited by faninthestand

Sure was different, wasn't it! I remember the passion and intensity of 2002 when my last son played. I walked the floors all day! I remember in 1998 when a very prominent quarterback AND his father was throwing up before the game it was so intense. I don't know about Franklin but something is missing in Brentwood this year. Don't know if it means as much to the kids now as it did just a few short years ago. I'm afraid Brentwood folks have forgotten how badly 0-10 and 2-8 felt!!! They have come a long way through the efforts of a lot of people, but staying there is not automatic. If both of those schools have lost the intensity of THAT game the future looks bad for both of them!

Yes, me and Dad 1 are still here, but we didn't hear a peep from FHSRebel27- when he was a sophomore, he was the truest of true believers. Now, he's all grown up and far away. FITS, I didn't see you or BDD pop up once on the thread either!

On this board, all of the die-hards have moved on. I guess no one recruited very well, or pulled a Floyd Reese and our draft picks didn't pan out, to take our place.

I think once you're on the outside-looking-in, your perspective changes radically. Dad1 knows what I'm talking about- he's just waiting for the grandkids to hit the field now!

I just know a few years back that if Franklin or Brentwood would've scheduled each other for homecoming, this thread would've been shut down- or melted down!

In no way has Centennial - Franklin done anything to diminish the Brentwood - Franklin rivalry.

Consider:

Centennial has never beaten Franklin in Football.

Franklin and Brentwood have had some incredible battles including 3 years of meeting twice (once in the regular season - once in the playoffs) from 2003 to 2005.

Brentwood knocked Franklin out in the 2003 playoff on a last series interception and went on to win State, Franklin knocked Brentwood out in regular season 2004 on an OT FG snapping Brentwoods 20 game winning streak - then in the playoffs; then in 2005 Brentwood wins the regular season game on a blocked extra point and Franklin wins the playoff game 14 -7 on their way to the State Championship game.

It's just hard to believe with the history these two schools have had in many sports, that last fridays game was lacking that same feel.