dyersburg @ covington

n830

Covington picked the wrong time to play their worst game of the year. Covington had five turnovers and still only lost 3-0. Hats off to Dyersburg for not making many mistakes and holding on for the win.

Covington better come pepared next week against Ripley. I think we will find out what our boys are made of after tonight's disappointing loss.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest difference that I saw in this game was the way D'burg dominated the line of scrimmage on the defensive side of the ball. I mean when your back side tackle makes the stop on a jet sweep going away from him, something is wrong up front. The Trojans were just plain bigger and faster up front, and didn't allow Covington much breathing room, which really went both ways. Other than the 6 fumbles(2 lost) and 3 int from Covington, this was actually one of the best football games I have ever seen. Two well prepared teams smashed heads as if they knew what the other was going to do before they did it. Congrats to the Trojans and good luck the rest of the year. And Covington, keep your heads up and play like you know you can the rest of the season. It's not over by a long shot so lets see what your made of.

Why did the long TD play come back for Covington??..Did the officials actually call a holding penalty on Covington??

I said it would be close and Dyersburg would win...But 3-0??...I would never had guessed that score.....I bet it was a nail-biter....How was the crowd??

Congrats to the Trojans....

It was a heck of a game, and yes it was a holding call on Covington. There was plenty more of it going on but that was the one that got called, and thank goodness for Dyersburg. Both defenses stepped up last night and hit the other in the mouth all night. Covington does not need to be let down with that game. It was an "L" but they played a heck of a ballgame.

Best defensive ball game that I have watched in the past 10 years. Both teams were wrecking offensive plays. Seemed Covington needed another week of work on the pitch. They sure left the football on the field a number of times. Great job by both teams. Dyersburg had a defensive player in the backfield most of the night. Good secondary play by Dyersburg. The open receiver for Covington on the last play had to make one draw up a bit! Good luck to both of these fine Region teams.