District 9A

grammar

Grammer you make a good point. Smith did play well against Forrest one game. I believe they choose not to double for some unknown reason and he lit them up at our place. The district tourney game was a different story I believe Forrest fronted and Smith was unable to get the ball as much, can't remember that well cause i was going crazy over another close game. Hall has loads of talent and when he realizes that watch out, but will he or not, I hope not :thumb: You could not go wrong with either , I think from what I've heard is that Shankle scored over 500 pts. as a soph. and if Hall or Smith did better than they deserve the credit. If they didn't and was capable why didn't they get the ball. I know from watching these fine young men that one person will not stop Shankle from getting the ball and that's why he is such a huge threat. But from what I have saw you could not go wrong picking any of those three to start a team around. We all have our favorites for whatever reasons. Again good luck to all. GO ROCKETS!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice post... We all do have our favorites.. All three of them are great high school players... I think Hall will be better than Corey at the college level... But Corey is a much better HS player... Anyone who was at the cascades games last year, they should know ab corey who went for 25+ both games with Hall guarding him.. And Hall did nothing.. With Corey guarding him.. I know that is just two games! The only reason I think corey is better because he averages a double double for his career and he dishes out ab 6 assists a game. Also, how many power fowards can shoot lights out from threes... 55 percent for his career at threes... And he plays D and hustles! I think all around he is the best player and his trophy case suggest that as well.. The kid from VB is big and strong and i like his game... But as far as basketball skills is really even close to the talent of Corey and Hall???

Nice post... We all do have our favorites.. All three of them are great high school players... I think Hall will be better than Corey at the college level... But Corey is a much better HS player... Anyone who was at the cascades games last year, they should know ab corey who went for 25+ both games with Hall guarding him.. And Hall did nothing.. With Corey guarding him.. I know that is just two games! The only reason I think corey is better because he averages a double double for his career and he dishes out ab 6 assists a game. Also, how many power fowards can shoot lights out from threes... 55 percent for his career at threes... And he plays D and hustles! I think all around he is the best player and his trophy case suggest that as well.. The kid from VB is big and strong and i like his game... But as far as basketball skills is really even close to the talent of Corey and Hall???

I don't know about hall and shankle against each other because i've never seen them head to head, but I do believe smith's skills are every bit as good as shankle's. But i think it's irrelevant because you could not go wrong with either. I think the % on shankle's 3's are a little misleading though because he rarely shoots it. Smith is the same way. He has a beautiful shot, but rarely shoots the 3. As far as trophy cases, smith was all-region as a freshman and made both all district and tournament teams last year as a sophomore. I believe he was hurt in the mvp race because all of the other coaches had seen shankle for two years and did not get to see smith enough for him to really compete for it. I believe if it was forrest who had to change to our old district where our coaches had seen smith for longer and not seen shankle as much you could just as easily have seen the voting go the other way. That's just my opinion but i believe it is valid. As far as points, etc I'm not sure where smith stands going into his junior year, but i am sure he is getting close to 1,000 points. I'll try to see if i can found out some more precise numbers.

Anyways, good luck to both players and their teams. Both are full of class.

I don't know about hall and shankle against each other because i've never seen them head to head, but I do believe smith's skills are every bit as good as shankle's. But i think it's irrelevant because you could not go wrong with either. I think the % on shankle's 3's are a little misleading though because he rarely shoots it. Smith is the same way. He has a beautiful shot, but rarely shoots the 3. As far as trophy cases, smith was all-region as a freshman and made both all district and tournament teams last year as a sophomore. I believe he was hurt in the mvp race because all of the other coaches had seen shankle for two years and did not get to see smith enough for him to really compete for it. I believe if it was forrest who had to change to our old district where our coaches had seen smith for longer and not seen shankle as much you could just as easily have seen the voting go the other way. That's just my opinion but i believe it is valid. As far as points, etc I'm not sure where smith stands going into his junior year, but i am sure he is getting close to 1,000 points. I'll try to see if i can found out some more precise numbers.

Anyways, good luck to both players and their teams. Both are full of class.

nice posts by both of you. and i had not even considered that eagle about the voting and changing districts until you posted it.

• 2 weeks later...
Going back a few post... No, the Florida Gators were not the best team last year, but the hottest at the right time... Just as Eagleville was last year. And I was happy for them... Im really not trying to bring anyone down here. Just thought I would hype up my team! But all you guys ganging up on me is so funny... Just a bunch of proud dads whos kids sits on the bench and hands out water and smacks people on the... I mean we have one guy on here telling me I am stupid for posting Corey Shankle is the best player and has proven that... and he doesn't even name his players.. Probably bc there not good... And I realize that the tourney winner is remembered and is the so called champion.. I am just making the true statement that winning 3 regular season titles in a row is consistanly being the best team! Guys, i know ab basketball, i played in HS and College.. I know what I'm talking about! I have been around it my whole life! I mean if we want to talk about most recent results, we should be talking about how Forrest only had one loss in two summer camps, and how we pumped everyone that was in our district!

One more thing... Community Hero... I cant even remember the last time you guys had a team that anyone was worried about! So your points are stupid! You can talk about who it think is the best player, but i don see anyone making valid arguments for others......????? Oh, there are none!

I graduated from Community in 85 and we had some solid teams back then. We were Coached by Jerry Burlison (sp?) and he could get 110% out of his kids. I haven't followed Community much since my younger brother graduated 8 years later, but I don't think they have seriously competed in a while. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that once upon a time, Community did put a solid product on the floor.

I graduated from Community in 85 and we had some solid teams back then. We were Coached by Jerry Burlison (sp?) and he could get 110% out of his kids. I haven't followed Community much since my younger brother graduated 8 years later, but I don't think they have seriously competed in a while. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that once upon a time, Community did put a solid product on the floor.

'89 and '98 years come to mind as well, but yes it has been a while since they had year to year continued success

Well, community scored 70 pts and beat a suprisingly good team. They had to come from way behing (30 or so to 5 at one point). Coach started an eight grader and a 9th grader at guard, and Mt. J Chr jumped out to a big lead. Then he put one, then eventually another of the real guards in and the game turned around. The post both did well. The matchup problems I predicted were tough for the opposition on both ends of the court. If Coach Ed can keep it together (figuring out the right 5/6/7 combo) this team will suprise alot of folks. Community should be back as a quality team by next year, and have a strong showing this year.

Alot of people in here and elswhere have overlooked the talent of this young team because their team play was not up to the tough varsity competition a bunch of freshman contended with last year. Stallings, Hull, White and Natale are ballers in anybody's book.

Edited by refuge