Sullivan South vs Elizabethon

HiGipper

I"ve been here at Elizabethton for awhile and I believe this is Pless' third season (maybe 2nd, I was up all night with a puppy :thumb: ). He came in after Tommy Jenkins fell ill and passed away, God Bless Him. Tommy was there two years and he followed the legend Dave Rider.

This is a team that went undefeated in thier JV year and had a fantastic freshman team, both under Ryan Witten who is no longer on the staff for personal reasons, so we are kind of dissapointed in what is going on. Tweaking, I would think, is putting it mildly. A few players decided not to play this season (other interest and one to grades) and that happens. There was enough left to compete, especially with a very descent Junior class. It just hasn't been a tough team but there are several other reasons. What it is, is what it is. :lol:

Good luck..........

So Pless was from outside the system?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pless is Elizabethton born and bred. Graduated from EHS in '77. Was Dave Riders QB in his first year at EHS. Scholarshiped(as kicker) at ETSU and later attended Carson Newman. After graduation was hired as football coach at T.A. Dugger Junior High. He coached the EHS "glory years" teams at the 7th and 8th grade years. Later moved to EHS football staff while a teacher at Dugger as QB coach on Riders staff. Later was O coordinator for both Rider and Jenkins. Was named acting head coach when Jenkins illness prevented him from coaching. Accepted the head coach in 04 and is in this third year.

Pless is Elizabethton born and bred. Graduated from EHS in '77. Was Dave Riders QB in his first year at EHS. Scholarshiped(as kicker) at ETSU and later attended Carson Newman. After graduation was hired as football coach at T.A. Dugger Junior High. He coached the EHS "glory years" teams at the 7th and 8th grade years. Later moved to EHS football staff while a teacher at Dugger as QB coach on Riders staff. Later was O coordinator for both Rider and Jenkins. Was named acting head coach when Jenkins illness prevented him from coaching. Accepted the head coach in 04 and is in this third year.

Sounds like they have the right man for the job. The problems must be in a lateral area. Anyone else have expertise?

Can someone more familiar with the program tell me how long has Pless been the head coach? And where did he come from? Who was coach before and for how long? They really have a great team and just need a little tweaking.

If you're really interested in him, I'd say there are some fans in Elizabethton that would be willing to make you a sweet deal.

If you're really interested in him, I'd say there are some fans in Elizabethton that would be willing to make you a sweet deal.

:lol: And we think teachers deserve a raise! :blink: Many can sympathize with your plight. The words are easy, "...When the going gets tough..." the directive is another thing.

Well said Cap1! Just out of curiousity, has South had to deal with any major/minor injuries this season? I haven't heard of a single incident, but you never know about any information that may have gotten lost in the cracks.

The Center is most likely out for the season(torn ACL). Taylor Fletcher is out for the rest of the season with a broken ankle. Those are really the only starters. . .